LP13 - The Final Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dare not listen even though i like Elbow - it's just that it's the most perfect song ever and i don't think i can hear it any other way :lol:

Sometimes an imperfect cover of perfection increases the perfection of the original.

The Mumford & Sons cover of England by The National is amazing, even though it pales to the magnificent original version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzwIOiQZ3Y

I'm really hoping we get something official soon - nothing is certain until it's been announced. It's got to be any day now...

I have a feeling this will be their last album and they are trying everything possible to make it one of their best. Here's hoping anyway.

I don't disagree - though I think they may be done writing 'new' albums after this one, they may well open the vaults when the tour cycle finishes as there will be no pressure to chart, just fans to sell shit to!

i dare not listen even though i like Elbow - it's just that it's the most perfect song ever and i don't think i can hear it any other way :lol:

You won't regret listening.. they don't try to Out-u2, the original.. but they certainly capture it's cold, rainy spirit

Happy Gut Feeling Friday, everyone! Place your bets!

My gut's telling me we'll go through at least 3-4 more new album threads before we hear anything official.

Happy Gut Feeling Friday, everyone! Place your bets!

My gut's telling me we'll go through at least 3-4 more new album threads before we hear anything official.

I was really hoping for an announcement this week...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

OMG, that Elbow cover of RTSS

:love:

Holy shit you have to be kidding me..quite clearly they have no freakin clue what this song is about. I mean, just look at their name: ELBOW?!?11!

Plus, they're from the UK? I mean wtf would they know about this subject matter? What fucking nerve they have. I bet Larry is angry they did this!!1!1

#songruinedforme #OURSONG #sacred #noclue #coverssuck

Holy shit you have to be kidding me..quite clearly they have no freakin clue what this song is about. I mean, just look at their name: ELBOW?!?11!

Plus, they're from the UK? I mean wtf would they know about this subject matter? What fucking nerve they have. I bet Larry is angry they did this!!1!1

#songruinedforme #noclue #coverssuck

:heart:

I still believe new album (or single) is somehow linked to apple's next iPhone announcement. That's why I'm not expecting any news before that. And currently it's widely speculated that this Apple event will happen on Sept 9th.

Back
Top Bottom