LP13 - The Final Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't mind seeing a U2 song featuring Adele just as long as it's not a full out duet. Backing vocals would be cool though.

I'd rather see U2 performing a duet with Adele on an album of hers. She has an extraordinary voice and it shouldn't/wouldn't be relegated to backup vocals.

Something weird happened.. a few people received an email from Ticketfly announcing an U2 concert (I believe it was in San Francisco), but it was a test event...

I thought it was interesting that the band they used was U2...

Or maybe I'm wanting this album so badly that I'm seeing signs everywhere
Ticketfly is based in San Francisco. I wonder why did it have to be U2 and not another artist? There are a million more artists who could be used for test events.

Bad joke, I know

Well, I was confused and amused at the same time. :wink:

I actually dug Mary's One duet with U2. I'm not a big fan of when an artist covers a song spot on. I prefer they give their own rendition. Otherwise, it's fuckin' karaoke.

I actually dug Mary's One duet with U2. I'm not a big fan of when an artist covers a song spot on. I prefer they give their own rendition. Otherwise, it's fuckin' karaoke.
It's not bad, but I stopped listening to it years ago.

I agree with you. And also that an Adele duet should appear on her record, as opposed to theirs. Similar to how MJB did it.

Also similar to how GOYB is a...aw, nevermind! Lol

Ticketfly is based in San Francisco. I wonder why did it have to be U2 and not another artist? There are a million more artists who could be used for test events.

Because they knew no one would EVER think it was true.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's not bad, but I stopped listening to it years ago.

I think I've listened to it a handful of times. Then listened to it again when the video was posted. I'm not a big MJB fan, but she was born in the Bronx and also lived in Yonkers when she arrived on the music scene in the early 90's, She was different from Whitney, Mariah and Janet.

But enough about Mary J. :wink:

I'm fuckin' psyched that a new U2 album is (pardon the pun) on the horizon! Finally, the motherfuckin' boys are back! :rockon::rockon:

Trick of the Tail is awesome.

It's def their best post-Gabriel album before Duke, but sometimes it's like Gabriel-lite, or Diet Gabriel (I'm looking at you, Robbery Assault & Battery) and some parts like in Mad Man Moon (the "i'm the sandman" part)...it's stuff that Gabriel could pull off effortlessly but it just sounds unconvincing with a regular bloke like Collins. I think the album shines in the softer numbers, like "Entangled", "Ripples" and the title track, the stuff more suited to Collins' syrupy vocals. While I adore Banks, he was starting to write these annoyingly long songs (Mad Man Moon) and on the next album (One for the Vine..ugh). I will admit that Squonk and Dance on a Volcano sound pretty bad-ass but it's just not as exciting having Collins at the mic there. He wasn't singing confidently and confrontational yet. So his vocals just sound pretty, a far cry from the man we'd eventually hear on "Mama" and "Turn it on Again."

Back
Top Bottom