LP13: Oh well Oh Well Oh Well Oh Well....Tell Me More!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono always says that the fans want the fireworks in U2's music.

As long as there are fireworks musically as well and they don't make up visually for what's lacking in the music...:pray:

Personally, I wouldn't give a shit If the video for the single was a one-take continuous shot of a monkey chewing gum ! The song has to be "Beautiful Day" Epic :wink:

It seems that they really want to go out on a high note. Or, at least outdo the last album/tour campaign.

I think that sometimes too. I remember coming home from high school one day, and my mom had set my Rolling Stone on the steps up to my room.

I glanced down at it and grabbed it. Kept on walkin. threw it on my desk and went about my day.
Only later that night when I looked again did I notice that it was U2! The Achtung Baby cover with them looking like they had never looked before. I was blown away.
Then first hearing The Fly, no warning.
Then waiting up late to hear the local radio station play the whole album the day before it was released.

Just incredible stuff that you don't get anymore with the technology of the day.

But hey, I enjoy this too.

Yes, modern technology is great and all, but I couldn't care less about what bridge got closed down for their alleged video.

I was a long time RS subscriber (90-04) and I always looked forward to seeing that new RS issue in the mail. Especially with U2 or Pearl Jam on the cover. Unfortunately, the magazines took up a lot of space. (I used to save every issue.) Plus, RS was starting to suck and I chose not to renew my subscription. Now this internet thing makes finding music/pop culture news really easy. :wink:

I think I've been wanting this album for too long - at the 2:41 mark there are two fireworks that look like smiley faces/zoobaby. Reading 20+ year old tour logos into an otherwise random fireworks display? Yeah, I'm definitely losing it.

I mean, they are smiley faces, you do have that, at least.

Now @U2 is saying that people have heard "U2" being received over the crew's walkies.

I have a couple of problems with this:

1) Crews use surveillance, just so that situations like this don't happen, and I gotta assume U2's using a professional crew who would be doing just that and
2) U2 could just as easily be, 'Hey, you two, get over here'.

This is incredibly inane, but part of me really hopes it ends up being an actual video shoot, it seems like it is.

Hello all!

I think I'll start my first post here with a touch of pessimism. Firstly, I don't think U2 will release the album this year. Secondly, I definitely believe this is their last record.

I bet you we will hear reports sometime in October/November that they are back in the studio with comments such 'nearly there' & 'we can see the finish line'.

I hope I'm wrong on both counts of course...

Hello all!

I think I'll start my first post here with a touch of pessimism. Firstly, I don't think U2 will release the album this year. Secondly, I definitely believe this is their last record.

I bet you we will hear reports sometime in October/November that they are back in the studio with comments such 'nearly there' & 'we can see the finish line'.

:wave:

Now @U2 is saying that people have heard "U2" being received over the crew's walkies.

I have a couple of problems with this:

1) Crews use surveillance, just so that situations like this don't happen, and I gotta assume U2's using a professional crew who would be doing just that and
2) U2 could just as easily be, 'Hey, you two, get over here'.

This is incredibly inane, but part of me really hopes it ends up being an actual video shoot, it seems like it is.

Yeah, U2/You Too is kinda hard to discern over audio alone.

Also, U2 and Katy Perry duet? Fuck yeah I'd sign for that. :shifty: They could do a new Electrical Storm like video...

Hello all!

Are you basing this on the confirmation we got from the label, the filming of videos, and all the other outward signs of being done?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Are you basing this on the confirmation we got from the label, the filming of videos, and all the other outward signs of being done?

Yeah, pessimism with this band is a smart thing to have, but when the label confirms 2014 there's not much room to doubt.

I'm basing it upon multiple false alarms & delays with this band over the years...

I'm basing it upon multiple false alarms & delays with this band over the years...

Actually the band usually has one moment of cold feet and then regroup. They've already had that moment this time around.

Actually the band usually has one moment of cold feet and then regroup. They've already had that moment this time around.

They had two this time around, if I'm not mistaken?

True.

Don't get me wrong, I want to believe too! It's just got the point where unless the record is physically in my hands, it's hard to really get behind the idea that a new U2 album is about to be released y'know?

I was convinced it was coming out earlier this year but look what happened.

Weren't there plans to release something at the end of 2013, or the plan was always 2014? I didn't hover around here that much at the time.

Yeah, I think that's still unconfirmed but we were all definitely under the impression that the band was ready to sign, seal and deliver in the early summer of 2013. And then well....the Super Bowl ad.....don't get me started on that disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom