LP13: Oh well Oh Well Oh Well Oh Well....Tell Me More!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those blue shades are not his thing...He's much too stylized with his trademark sunglasses. Since invisible, he's been wearing them non-stop up to this day. Looks like he will not trade them...

I'm foolish to expect a Bono Makeover for this new album / tour...:doh:

Well I'm guessing they are at least aware of the issue.

If he was your best mate, you'd have to have a word surely?

I honestly think there might just be more important things to talk about with Bono than some stupid glasses and a hair cut.

This is a terrific post, in fact perhaps the best I've seen on here; agree wholeheartedly and I'm glad you've articulated one of the main problems overarching this (once?) GREAT band. Too much thinks, not enough feels - in the music as well as the lyrics. It's like what used to be said of the former Newcastle and Manchester United striker Andy Cole in front of goal - dreadful if he had time to think, but on instinct, completely deadly. It's the difference between BEING and DOING - they've had too much of the latter these past few years - like Picasso said, "you should always have an idea of what you're doing - but it should be a vague idea".

Bono's never been at his best when trying to write clearly and simply, but his lyrics when they're blurred and unfocused and "snapshot" are so brilliantly evocative you can hang whatever you want of yourself on them. "The wind will crack in wintertime, this bomb-blast-lightning waltz, no spoken words, just a screeeeeaaaaaammm". What's he on about? No idea. Does it sound RIGHT, evoke multiple complex feelings for me? YES.

Nowadays most of his lyrics - and to a certain extent the music - contain at least bits where there's definitely a sense of "We're U2. This is the bit you laugh at. This is the bit where you punch the air. This is the bit we all sing along to in a stadium. You're SAFE here." And in the same way that a lot of comedians and comedy writers are just not funny in person, the flipside seems to be true here; Bono and the others all seem really funny guys, but shoehorning clever or funny things into lyrics just seems to work against the band. Dress up as whatever, sure, but as far as the music goes, an arched eyebrow is always the enemy of art.

Good post.

But to be honest I just wanted to go from SpiralStaircase to the higher ground.

:giggle:

Another suspicious youtube video :wink: When it gets really close to a new album, I go on youtube and search for u2, then sort by upload date. I was the one who found the lake video yesterday. Now check this one out. Whoever is filming is trying to do so very discretely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1kaFvl7TMA

Another suspicious youtube video :wink: When it gets really close to a new album, I go on youtube and search for u2, then sort by upload date. I was the one who found the lake video yesterday. Now check this one out. Whoever is filming is trying to do so very discretely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1kaFvl7TMA

Hmmm....:|

I doubt it. It looks like a stage B replica of the Caligula film set :huh:

Bono...laying down...eating grapes in Roman attire...? :crack:

Hmmm....:|

I doubt it. It looks like a stage B replica of the Caligula film set :huh:

Haha, it does look pretty small. But if there's some sort of promo mini-tour in the coming months, or if it was just used for a video, it does look like the right size.

Is it weird that when I tried to play it it told me it contained content from UMG and playback was restricted?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is it weird that when I tried to play it it told me it contained content from UMG and playback was restricted?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They probably caught the audio of Invisible the user put in the background. Is it not working anymore?

freeze the video at 39 seconds and you get this weird cardboard hologram cowboy/girl - either that or R&H Bono

50nmf7.jpg

So I am no expert and don't really know what a "regular" video shoot entails for the band. But this does seem a bit excessive no? A ton of time shooting in France, then the bridge, then the lake, now this...
Either they are making a really varied, epic video, or they are filming different videos right? or is this normal?

So I am no expert and don't really know what a "regular" video shoot entails for the band. But this does seem a bit excessive no? A ton of time shooting in France, then the bridge, then the lake, now this...
Either they are making a really varied, epic video, or they are filming different videos right? or is this normal?

Or they're not all related...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom