LP13: (Non) Event Horizon: Choose Your Own Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awe you got to do the last one :p

Also, you were two posts early. Lock this shit down!

Jks. This could be the thread where we finally know something!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just to bring the link into this thread - author is a journo on Dublin, and appears at least somewhat legit.

by the time we get solid confirmed info, i'll bet we have at least 1 more new thread as this one maxes out.

like i said....

So - is this guy going to 'voluntarily' delete that tweet anytime soon or what?

Someone should do something that we tried earlier this year: post a tweet with "insider information" regarding a tie-in with Apple, and see if Universal contacts you asking you to delete it.

Stupid question. Should 9/9 end up potentially being something, I'm assuming there's usually live streams of these events available somewhere? I've never checked out these Apple events before...

Stupid question. Should 9/9 end up potentially being something, I'm assuming there's usually live streams of these events available somewhere? I've never checked out these Apple events before...

Apple usually has a live stream available on their website for major announcements.

Someone should do something that we tried earlier this year: post a tweet with "insider information" regarding a tie-in with Apple, and see if Universal contacts you asking you to delete it.

Aight

Yes, Apple has been streaming these events for a while now, and they would have them archived on the main page for a few days.

am i the only one that would prefer to see u2 not involved in the promotion of a consumer product for a big corporate?

am i the only one that would prefer to see u2 not involved in the promotion of a consumer product for a big corporate?

probably not.

wait and see if it happens first.

and then if it does, before griping, try to enjoy the music!

If this is true, it's kind of a downer. U2 is achieving "relevance" by hitching itself to Apple, in which case the quality of music becomes secondary. It's like buying your way onto the New York Times bestseller list.

I would prefer if they didn't get involved, but if it's to get them to release the single or album earlier, then it's the right thing.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. If it helps them sell more records by having an Apple tie-in, then that's a good thing. If U2 sells more records, and if people enjoy it, then people might check out their back catalogue. If that happens, the world will be a better place. Less Beiber, less Lil Wayne etc...More Joshua Tree, more The Unforgettable Fire, more ATYCLB etc etc.

I just want to see the band back in the lime light, entertaining the masses w/ great songs and a great tour.:applaud::wave:

I have a lot of doubt about this happening and I dislike Apple but it would actually be a good business move for the band - album sales suck these days, so get some money from Apple upfront instead plus a captive audience who might not otherwise listen to the album.

If this does happen I wouldn't exactly call it a release without all of the hooplah as someone said it would be. That's a gigantic marketing plan. New iPhone 6 released with U2's first album in 5 years with production from Ryan Tedder, Danger Mouse and god knows who else. That sounds huge.

probably not.

wait and see if it happens first.

and then if it does, before griping, try to enjoy the music!

i surely will, it's u2.
but i would feel more confortable to enjoy the music that the band wanted us to enjoy in the first place instead of the music that the band submitted to a corporate board to be approved for a promotional event.

The thing that i don't get is the idea if releasing an album 7 months before the start of the new tour.(if the rumour of a late April kick off is true)

I guess it's the start of the Guy Oseary era.Hope he knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom