LP13: New Improved and now Fisher-free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have these lines down at The Bellagio Sports Book

2 to 1 - catchy u2ey songs, huge on adult contemporary, well received commercially and critically by all but the pitchforks of the world, most here love it, small but vocal minority consider it a rewrite of everything they've done post 2000 and bitch endlessly about how they've lost their touch.

10 to 1 - meh... some good, some head scratchers, another No Line. Endless debate ensues over which song they should have used as a single

15 to 1 - Radical departure in sound, met with universal critical acclaim, huge commercial smash

30 to 1 - Tedder and Epworth make the band go all mid 90s Aerosmith on us, the album sells a ton of records, most of us cringe but grudgingly go along while the rest throw their hands up and quit in disgust

50 to 1 - Radical departure in sound, giant clusterfuck, makes Metallica and Lou Reed's album sound good, band breaks up due to creative differences

As much I like the absurduty of 50 tio 1, I think we're getting 15 to 1.

fkrCCfd.png

2 to 1 - catchy u2ey songs, huge on adult contemporary, well received commercially and critically by all but the pitchforks of the world, most here love it, small but vocal minority consider it a rewrite of everything they've done post 2000 and bitch endlessly about how they've lost their touch.

Dollars to donuts this is what happens.

Sent from

Adult contemporary is the farthest they can go nowadays.

Well... They're adults. Old ones at that.

That's kinda what happens.

Name me one 50+ act who gets big play on pop radio without it being some novelty act and/or complete utter whorish sell out.

I can think of but one, and he's dead, the song was written 30 years ago and was aided by a modern pop megastar.

Well... They're adults. Old ones at that.

That's kinda what happens.

Name me one 50+ act who gets big play on pop radio without it being some novelty act and/or complete utter whorish sell out.

I can think of but one, and he's dead, the song was written 30 years ago and was aided by a modern pop megastar.

Yep. At least with 'Invisible' and 'Ordinary Love', U2 made it to the 'Bubbling Under Hot 100' (I think OL got as far as #99 or something like that) - it's not going to get any better.

Now we see the state of things today. When an artist like Beyoncé, a singer that looks more like a prostitute shaking her ass, being the hottest thing in music today, whats the point to be mainstream?

You all just let this shit go, huh?

If you are going to rip mainstream pop music, Beyonce shouldn't be your enemy. She is one of the few actually talented hitmakers out there right now in that genre. And if you are going to rip her, accusing her of dressing like a prostitute to sell records is both misogynistic and unfounded.

Grow up.

If you are going to rip mainstream pop music, Beyonce shouldn't be your enemy. She is one of the few actually talented hitmakers out there right now in that genre. And if you are going to rip her, accusing her of dressing like a prostitute to sell records is both misogynistic and unfounded.
Agreed, but to each his own.

I'm hearing from my top notch inside sources that Oompa Loompas were spotted on the bridge during the video shoot. They said, "it's a sneak peak of what's to come." Sounds exciting.

How will a U2 tie-in gain Apple new clientele, at least in substantial numbers?

More importantly, why would Apple partner with U2 when there are a hundred gazillion other bands with which they could form more fruitful partnerships?

Well... since you asked.

While other artists may have bigger albums or songs, U2's touring is monstrous. Only the Rolling Stones can reach those heights. If Apple pairs with U2 for the long haul, Apple could be incorporated into all of U2's shows in some capacity.

Of course, this is highly dependent on whether there is (A) an Apple/U2 partnership and (B) if said partnership extends to touring.

All I ask for are 2-3 songs that hit home to where I am in my life right now. The rest of the album can be utter dog shit. I don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well... since you asked.

While other artists may have bigger albums or songs, U2's touring is monstrous. Only the Rolling Stones can reach those heights. If Apple pairs with U2 for the long haul, Apple could be incorporated into all of U2's shows in some capacity.

Of course, this is highly dependent on whether there is (A) an Apple/U2 partnership and (B) if said partnership extends to touring.

U2 claimed the touring throne 3 years ago. The most we can see out of a partnership with Apple, in my opinion, is a mobile application.

At least he included the acute accent in Beyoncé. Well done, putzé

I think that auto correct automatically does that. He deserves no credit. Anyway. What the f$&*#?! A new thread and 12 pages and I get this Brazilian toddler, valiant fisher support, and Obama suit jokes. God damn it. Please let there be a leak of some sort.

Ps. Loved your sports book Headache. I totally agree - there is no room for U2 on radio anymore. If they get as much play as Magic and Star in the Sky (or whatever it's called). I'll be thrilled. That would be a
huge success for this album.

It's why I'm a fan of the apple tie-in. I think it may be their best chance to give them the exposure and relevancy they crave, in turn increasing sales and chart standings. I just hope that it's paired with true quality material.

So U2, the biggest band of the last 35 years, the artist that became bigger than Michael Jackson at some pont, that stayed relevant longer than Madonna, the highest grossing tour artist(for a single tour) of all time, the biggest live act in the world, need Apple to endorse their eagerly waited new album to be, or to have a chance to be, successful. Now we see the state of things today. When an artist like Beyoncé, a singer that looks more like a prostitute shaking her ass, being the hottest thing in music today, whats the point to be mainstream?

By the way, my thread was closed because I didn't put "LP 13" in the beginning of the title(which I confess I didn't know) and was opened five replies before the other one go to a thousand???????
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to correct the tittle and wait for the other thread to close to start posting in mine. Or maybe because my profile says "Brazil"? Who knows...

This is quite possibly the best thing on the internet.

The argument is flawed - just because U2 may use Apple (or any other company) to promote the album does not in any way imply that they NEED to use them. If you had a wall that you could probably get over, but you may get hurt doing it, you'd use the ladder that was already placed conveniently there, wouldn't you?

To Beyonce, the comment was not constructive, required, informed, or sane. Pigeon-holing all female black artists into the Nicki Minaj category is just ignorant.

To your thread:

You claim yours was opened 5 posts before the end of the previous one hit 1000. Yours was opened (and these are my local times) at 2:06am. At that time the previous thread post count was 914. Stop lying about why you opened the thread, and using the lie to claim some sort of persecution by the mods. It's like the alcoholic that tells everyone they only had one drink, and sneaks off to have a few while no-one is looking. They lie to themselves, and they are transparent to the rest.

You all just let this shit go, huh?

Grow up.

I was joking before, but not now my friend. I am not ashamed of my opinion at all. I will not, by no means, make any excuses for my thinking. I don't know if you are a guy or girl, but if you think what Beyoncé does is normal, we have two very different opinions on what a real lady, or a real female popstar should behave.
If I want to see a woman dance like that Id go to a strip club.

article-2546569-1AFDED2700000578-790_306x506.jpg

So she dresses like that and I am misogynist?

I believe that Beyoncé, or Miley Cyrus, or Rihanna, they all represent the worst of North American culture has to offer to the world. USA gave us Elvis, REM, even Madonna for Christ sake. This female artists I cited are the worst examples for the youth we could have. And a small detail, their "music" is garbage. Its worthless.

RIHANNA-PERFORMS-CONCERT-AT-1ST-MARINER-ARENA-BALTIMORE-MARYLAND-AMERICA.jpg

If you want your girlfriend or your daughter to act like this, all I have to say I am sorry for you. The last thing I am is a misogynist, they are.

We are here discussing U2. Great art. A band that inspired generations.
They write songs that will live forever.
I just don't listen to "Crazy in love". I think its awful. Plain and simple
I am more than sure, she, and those other singers, if it weren't for al this big machine behind them, without all those sexual context, they wouldn't be anything more than mere crap acts. And it does bother me YES, when U2 wants to ride in this mainstream train all those trash artists are now the leading figures. Look at what the early 90's represented to us and you will understand my frustration.

I am grown enough for you now?

Guys it's taking you almost 200 posts tip recognize a troll. He should be treated as such, so don't feed him anymore.
His posts are so over the top that they scream "attention seeker".
I like it how many of you are trying to reason with him, but I think that in his case "ignore list" is a way to go ?

I see almost 200 posts, of course I think that maybe there is something interesting, but in the end it's just a lonley Brazilian

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

I wish that Jeevey were here right now.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom