LP13: New Improved and now Fisher-free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, this place will melt down if nothing is announced next Tuesday...
Which it shouldn't. This rumor has a bit of traction now, but it's still a long shot, and if Tuesday passes without an announcement, it really doesn't have any actual impact on whether or not U2 is releasing an album this fall or not.
We'll see. I think it's looking good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Late teens,early 20's adults have pretty much mad up their mind about what U2 represent in 2014.They ain't gonna turn out to be "Hip" or "Cool" even with the help of Apple.

Obviously.

And Apple isn't necessarily "hip" or "cool" anymore, either.

Which is why this has to be done right, otherwise it can come off as looking desperate.

I have to believe after all this time that they'll get it right. But... Yea. Maybe, we'll see.

Let's not forget the part of the story/rumor, that the album (or single? or album tracks?) will be played on the Dave Fanning show, but as far as I know the Dave Fanning show is only on weekends. So may there be a preview the weekend before?

Which it shouldn't. This rumor has a bit of traction now, but it's still a long shot, and if Tuesday passes without an announcement, it really doesn't have any actual impact on whether or not U2 is releasing an album this fall or not.

Exactly. I have no problem with those who express disappointment that it didn't happen, but overall we should set ourselves to believe that nothing is happening. That way, when it does, we're pleasantly surprised.

In the responses to that tweet, the guy was asked about a single - he claimed single released 9/9, album to radio as well.

Both corporations are entering a phase of uncertainty, where dominance is no longer assured, and the kids are starting to look upon them as old and out of touch.

So this could be disastrous for both if done incorrectly... Especially on U2's side. If it seems forced, like they're desperate for relevance, they'll get killed, and apple will take the collateral damage. There will be a lot of "Jobs would never repeat himself" quotes in the press.

If done correctly, obviously, it'll be great for both. But they better hit it right on this one.
I think they're going to get it right. Yeah, I'm expecting a good amount of backlash from the Apple fan base and some press outlets, but you can't escape that.

Exactly. I have no problem with those who express disappointment that it didn't happen, but overall we should set ourselves to believe that nothing is happening. That way, when it does, we're pleasantly surprised.
skeptical-hippo_o_575409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom