LP13 - Just Give Us Some F*&king News...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
New thread time.

Latest is that a few different people are claiming to have heard some songs during the mixing stage - the implication being that recording could well have wrapped:

https://twitter.com/MaDaMusicEnt/sta...43654697283585

Heard a little sneak peak of #u2's new album @ChurchStudios #music #studio #tunes #ep pic.twitter.com/qgmcEv8NRA

THE EMPIRE LIGHTS — What a great evening! Walked in on U2s album being...

What a great evening! Walked in on U2s album being mixed by one of Paul Epworth’s assistants and got a full tour of the #recording #studio

Someone at atu2 posted this.. unclear about their source tho

"On Friday June 27, The Church Studios held a small demonstration of the new software and new installations of the new Paul Epworth studio in North London.

Some of the guests (some artists, producers, concert promoters) could hear a demonstration of the work in progress in the studio, and that is none other than the final mixes of the songs on the new U2 album."

Makes me wonder if U2 is using the responses (even if they weren't in attendance) as a measurement as to if they should release the material this year.

This is totally believable, though it would be ridiculous if it's true. It's such a small sample size that it's not worth anything at all, but any type of positive reinforcement is probably good for them.

This is totally believable, though it would be ridiculous if it's true. It's such a small sample size that it's not worth anything at all, but any type of positive reinforcement is probably good for them.

Yep. That's just the first thing that jumped out at me when I read that.

nice lil' buzz of news we've had happening over the last few days.

now, if we see the four of them are partying together with Epworth or Tedder than we might be talking album-wrap party.

methinks Epworth is the new Lillywhite.. this album's "closer"

they seemed to be pretty big fans of the two Ordinary Love remixes of his...

Tweet from the guy who visited the studios :

"Last night we went to Church Studios in Crouch End (which is very close to where we live) as Avid was giving a demonstration on their new recording software. The studio is now owned by Paul Epworth and many many many amazing songs have come out of that studio in the last few decades! We were given a private tour of the studios by one of Pauls assistant engineers and walked in on U2s album being mixed! Got to hear some brand new songs that even the biggest U2 fans wouldn’t have heard yet. It was pretty awesome to say the least."

I wonder if he's refering to the fact that hearing the new songs before hardcore fans is PRETTY AWESOME or the material itself.

If only an Interference member had sneaked in. We would have had a much more detailed account of the material heard...

That guy obviously doesn't seem to be a HUGE hardcore fan of U2. Maybe it's just me but "Pretty Awesome" is kinda of lame to me to describe new material that's 4 years overdue coming from one of the biggest bands in the world...

Anyone understand my feeling ?

Tweet from the guy who visited the studios :

"Last night we went to Church Studios in Crouch End (which is very close to where we live) as Avid was giving a demonstration on their new recording software. The studio is now owned by Paul Epworth and many many many amazing songs have come out of that studio in the last few decades! We were given a private tour of the studios by one of Pauls assistant engineers and walked in on U2s album being mixed! Got to hear some brand new songs that even the biggest U2 fans wouldn’t have heard yet. It was pretty awesome to say the least."

I wonder if he's refering to the fact that hearing the new songs before hardcore fans is PRETTY AWESOME or the material itself.

If only an Interference member had sneaked in. We would have had a much more detailed account of the material heard...

That guy obviously doesn't seem to be a HUGE hardcore fan of U2. Maybe it's just me but "Pretty Awesome" is kinda of lame to me to describe new material that's 4 years overdue coming from one of the biggest bands in the world...

Anyone understand my feeling ?

well he did say it was "to say the least" :wink:

I'm kind of leaning towards the former. That's how I would have phrased it if it was me. Although both could certainly be true.

Whatever his opinion of the music is... it's entirely irrelevant. All that matters is that some material has been played for people outside of the band's camp, and that there's a report that it's entering its final mixing stages.

I think he means it was "pretty awesome" that he got the tour and was able to listen to brandnew U2 songs, not refering to the songs themselves, because I have a feeling he is not allowed to talk about that part.

now, if we see the four of them are partying together with Epworth or Tedder than we might be talking album-wrap party.

Bono: "Guys, it was such a pleasure...the champagne was great, the beef excellent. You're free now, Stuart Price will take your place...hic!"

Wrap your mind around this;
The 360 tour began FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY!!!!!!

It's time to get something new going on!!

Good to see some info regarding the recording.

But as others have said, we've heard about mixing for years now.

Whenever it's released, I can't wait to hear what happened with DMs recording. Why these other guys were brought in.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There is no chance that the people, unless they're close friends of U2, would tell them if the music wasn't good.

Much more exciting than the news that U2's album is out in the fall is that the same tweet said there was new PJ Harvey coming, and I think there's a greater chance of the U2 record not coming out than it being even half as good as hers. Of course, they've surprise us before, and she's due for a stinker.

Was this a big project to reconstruct the studio or did epworth just add new equipment? I remember him posting progress pics on Instagram. I wonder if this added a month or so at least to the "delay".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom