LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that they could be testing the waters - and if it's not successful (by their standards), they'll delay everything again?

I'm purely speculating that could be the case if in fact they are shooting a video for a new single and ostensibly that new single is to be (one of?) the first off the album.. Repeat: my speculation.

Concerning the "legacy cemented" business from a few pages back, I'd say Joshua Tree is what put U2 into the rock canon, if you will. If their tour bus had gone off a cliff at that point, they'd still be Rock Hall of Famers, albeit marginal ones. Achtung Baby moved them into the area of the greats and the success of All That You Can't Leave Behind gave them elite status.

If you look over the history of most bands in the Rock Hall or ones that should be, you'd find that a lot of the acts put together a very important discography within five years of beginning their recording career and virtually all of them did enough within the first ten years to warrant inclusion into that museum and/or people's own personal lists of important acts of the rock era. U2's consistent success and important albums over decades is the exception, rather than the rule.

LP13? WTF?

Original Soundtracks I = #9
Pop = #10
ATYCLB = #11
HTDAAB = #12
NLOTH = #13

True fans know that this will be album #14.

I guess it's #13 if you don't really count that awful one from '97 as being of quality (which nobody does).

LP13? WTF?

Pop = #10
ATYCLB = #11
HTDAAB = #12
NLOTH = #13

I guess it's #13 if you don't really count that awful one from '97 as being of quality (which nobody does).

Passengers over pop,really?? Not a chance mate. I dont think ive ever listened to passengers more then 3 times, i just dont get the point of it. Now pop there we have a record.

Passengers over pop,really?? Not a chance mate. I dont think ive ever listened to passengers more then 3 times, i just dont get the point of it. Now pop there we have a record.

Well, try and give it a spin a fourth time.
Pop is the worst U2 album in a way. Not because it has the worst songs, there's just so much potential but it falls flat. Passengers at least is cohesive sonically.

The new album will technically be their 12th full length studio release. Original Soundtracks 1 wasn't issued as a U2 album and Rattle and Hum is partially live.

I posted on another forum, but 34 years into the Rolling Stones recording career they released Bridges to Babylon. 34 years into U2's recording career they're getting ready to release a much anticipated album. The difference between the two bands is that U2 treat new albums as if they were their first albums.

LP13? WTF?

Pop = #10
ATYCLB = #11
HTDAAB = #12
NLOTH = #13

lmao, "true fans" would know that Original Soundtracks is not a U2 album. The artist is quite clearly Passengers. Try as much as you like, but it does not count for U2's discography. It was a side project of the band members and Eno.

lolling even more at your last statement. :lol: Great trolling!

I really dont get passengers. I get it is some sort of experimental record but you can experiment all you want if the tunes arent good enough then what does it matter. I really dont think the tunes are good enough.It reminds me of some thom yorke solo record.

I am going to go back and have a listen to it though

I really dont get passengers. I get it is some sort of experimental record but you can experiment all you want if the tunes arent good enough then what does it matter. I really dont think the tunes are good enough.It reminds me of some thom yorke solo record.

I am going to go back and have a listen to it though

I hope you enjoy it :)

Considering how much people are complaining that U2 is 'going commercial' it should be the most popular U2 record on Interference. I don't love it THAT much, but I do love it more than HTDAAB and Pop.

There were fans getting photos and autographs today in Nice. Surely someone got some info?

https://mobile.twitter.com/U2Argentina/status/500183107367358464

Ps... Bono looks good and is obviously keeping those glasses for this new "phase".
Another photo of Bono, and photo of Adam:
10606036_444473999026088_8283563277886458512_n.jpg

10562920_444486269024861_4312656391369035103_n.jpg

And short clip of Edge: Instagram

So did any of these people ask them what they were doing?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

if you look at the Instagram clip comments, seems "DanyU2" was there to scoop details RE the video shoot, but didnt get anything

I love passengers up until One Minute Warning, everything after that is kind of meh IMO.

Theme From Let's Go Native is great. The rest is not that good though, yeah. However, if it was a 10-song album, it would have been top tier. Top tier I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom