LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geico suxx. I have discount double check on my house in the hills, my mountain villa, and the house on the lake. Also on my three cars, two trucks, aeroplane, hot air balloon, and the goat farm in slaughterville.

It pays out pretty well actually. The time i plowed into a church on may way home from the strip club, it was a sunday morning early service, discount-dbl-check paid for all of the damage. The legal fees were a different story though.

Just like the time i collided my hot air balloon into the side of an oncoming tornado, that was a pretty big deal, but like a good neighbor...double chuck was there.

Also there was this one time i ran my tractor into the lake trying to impress my better half (she thought it was sexy). Probably had too many tumbleweeds that night.

Exhaust fumes and tear gas are not the same thing. I knew this years ago, but it never stopped me anyway from raising my sword and yelling CHARGE!

Sound the trumpets!!!

Well if you want to do that first of all you're going to have to get some sources. And learn to write a lot more eloquently. Not to mention get a lot more charming. ;)

Yes, plus have a wild imagination and very little scruple. Sources? Gut.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I hope they steer clear of anything NFL. I could definitely see them being one of the first guests on SNL though...

Yeah I hope the album drops in a way less needy way this time around. Especially since the aborted campaign last time around.

Nothing promotes the start of the football season better than an old, short and out of shape Irish man.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nothing promotes the start of the football season better than an old, short and out of shape Irish man.

They used this guy for a long time. :shrug:

williams-mnfx-large.jpg

The only thing U2 or other musical performers showcase during opening week is the kickoff game the Thursday before kickoff Sunday. But the NFL keeps adding things every year. All about the $$$

This year its the Packers @ Seahawks and NFL already has bands lined up. Pharrel and Soundgarden. And those performances never look great on TV. Everyone is fired up for the game vs a band.

Maybe the song will be played over commercials or broadcast. U2 does have a history w/ the NFL:

-Superbowl Halftime
-GOYB was used for NFL commercial
-New Orleans/Green Day Performance
-Invisible commercial

During some games I hear rare U2 songs like DYFL going to a commercial break.

A better sports fit might be Rory McIlroy and the upcoming FedEx Cup or Ryder Cup. A blend of old and new U2 with generally conservative leaning golfers and golf fans showing flying Titleists backed with drops from Bullet the Blue Sky, Beautiful Day, plus a new song.

Or not.

The only thing U2 or other musical performers showcase during opening week is the kickoff game the Thursday before kickoff Sunday. But the NFL keeps adding things every year. All about the $$$

This year its the Packers @ Seahawks and NFL already has bands lined up. Pharrel and Soundgarden. And those performances never look great on TV. Everyone is fired up for the game vs a band.

Maybe the song will be played over commercials or broadcast. U2 does have a history w/ the NFL:

-Superbowl Halftime

-GOYB was used for NFL commercial

-New Orleans/Green Day Performance

-Invisible commercial

During some games I hear rare U2 songs like DYFL going to a commercial break.

I have heard Desire and City Of Blinding Lights numerous times as they cut to commercial break. All of the time on ESPN montages they feature a song and list the name of it. That's what I envisioned for the launch of the football season.

Or maaaaaybe not do anything concerning sports or a specific continent and just promote the album all over the world doing music related things? :shrug:

So it begins. My slacking status increases significantly when reports of a video shoot are posted. I am now a master of delegation here at work. The claws of the blue crack are pulling me in.

Remember they apparently have some anthems that would work well with sports highlights. I wouldn't be surprised to see an NFL connection with new material.

Or maaaaaybe not do anything concerning sports or a specific continent and just promote the album all over the world doing music related things? :shrug:

This is really needed. ATYCLB 2.0 approach.

SNL would be cool. Play new single and new song (debut).

Actually the song will be titled Carpe Agitantibus, which translates loosely to "Seize the Buffet."

And the star of the video will be, naturally, Warren Buffet.

This year its the Packers @ Seahawks and NFL already has bands lined up. Pharrel and Soundgarden.

I'd heard about the pre-game 'concert,' but wasn't sure if it would be on TV or not. Bits of it, I suppose. But it's not like they'll forgo their hour of pre-game talking heads to show a concert instead.

And the star of the video will be, naturally, Warren Buffet.

I'd heard about the pre-game 'concert,' but wasn't sure if it would be on TV or not. Bits of it, I suppose. But it's not like they'll forgo their hour of pre-game talking heads to show a concert instead.

I wouldn't recommend putting Bono next to anyone with the name Buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom