LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that @U2 is starting to send messages to fans to NOT believe possible upcoming reports about an album and/or tour postponement. This is getting more and more absurd by the hour :lol:

Arent those reports just re hashed old news anyway?

I dont know whether its been debunked. It could be them. Just one of those things

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Edge was in Dublin yesterday... Maybe the shooting is just in pre-production...

Maybe he is just one of those people who cant go to the bathroom anywhere but in the comforts of home. #constipation #edgenotonfire

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Edge was in Dublin for the Music Generation initiative. and HIS BEARD IS DYED

The Edge comparte sus secretos con los alumnos de Music Generation - U2Valencia.com - U2 Fan Club - U2Spain.com

140813edge.jpg

also, check out those freaky big feet

The kid on the far left appears to be in a deep slumber. Maybe Edge is talking about the new album being a return to their roots.

Hmmm...Edge was in Dublin yesterday ? :hmm:

I'm starting to think that CONCEPTK_DESIGN may just have been to Nice to shoot some sort of video "clip" for U2 to use on their upcoming tour visuals perhaps ? After all, they're a Stage / Tour design oriented company...

The tour design and concept is probably being prepared at the moment. Remember that article 2 years ago ? They're probably preparing that special "custom" gig at the Nice Stadium...

http://www.rivieratimes.com/index.p...ems/bono-celebrates-irish-writer-in-nice.html

Otherwise, a simple film crew with gear would have been hired if U2 were to shoot an official video for their single and not such a company...

Also unless they would shoot their official video in a Club or a Hangar, the band, the event and location would have been tracked down by fans already and pictures or posts would have circulated like wildfire already...

Thoughts anyone ?

Hmmm...Edge was in Dublin yesterday ? :hmm:

I'm starting to think that CONCEPTK_DESIGN may just have been to Nice to shoot some sort of video "clip" for U2 to use on their upcoming tour visuals perhaps ? After all, they're a Stage / Tour design oriented company...

The tour design and concept is probably being prepared at the moment. Remember that article 2 years ago ? They're probably preparing that special "custom" gig at the Nice Stadium...

Bono celebrates Irish writer in Nice - The Riviera Times Online

Otherwise, a simple film crew with gear would have been hired if U2 were to shoot an official video for their single and not such a company...

Also unless they would shoot their official video in a Club or a Hangar, the band, the event and location would have been tracked down by fans already and pictures or posts would have circulated like wildfire already...

Thoughts anyone ?

Well, just because they're shooting stuff doesn't mean it will necessarily see the light of day...my thoughts traipse back to around this time last year when they did a rooftop photoshoot and an ice cream truck video thing. Neither have been used to date. They just seem to like to shoot shit and store it in their personal archives.

Well, just because they're shooting stuff doesn't mean it will necessarily see the light of day...my thoughts traipse back to around this time last year when they did a rooftop photoshoot and an ice cream truck video thing. Neither have been used to date. They just seem to like to shoot shit and store it in their personal archives.

U2 has always shot videos or footage that isn't used, ie RHMT, or how many of you have seen the original video of Pride(truly horrible). The reasons we don't see it vary, the single didn't come to fruition, the concept didn't work in hindsight, etc

It's just part of the creative process. Most bands will have this in their vault.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 has always shot videos or footage that isn't used, ie RHMT, or how many of you have seen the original video of Pride(truly horrible). The reasons we don't see it vary, the single didn't come to fruition, the concept didn't work in hindsight, etc

It's just part of the creative process. Most bands will have this in their vault.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh God...:doh:

If they do the same as they do with their songs...they may very well scrap a lot of footage or video shoot attempts :wink:

Imagine them saying to Live Nation ; "Uhmmm, sorry it doesn't really work does it...? Feck that, let's start over !"

I think the work that was done on the video yesterday was so awesome that the band are pushing the album back another 6 months to find a suitable song to match the video's quality.

Maybe they had been shooting it over the past few days, or today was a day off so Edge could do his Music Rising obligations.

If a production company was involved, then I doubt it would be shelved. You never know with U2, but I'll remain on the optimistic side.

I think the work that was done on the video yesterday was so awesome that the band are pushing the album back another 6 months to find a suitable song to match the video's quality.

Let's all hope that when the album is released we will all say "THE WAIT WAS FUCKING WORTH IT, GREAT ALBUM !"

I will not attempt to compare it to JT, AB or ATYCLB because each album belongs to a specific era and are the pinnacle of that period ;

JT ; 80's
AB; 90's
ATYCLB ; 00's

This will be their first album of the 10's...and maybe their last one. So I hope that they will deliver a classic that will be a staple of this time. I know they don't owe us anything, but I'd love another classic album :pray:

Er...are they under contract to Live Nation to produce singles or videos? I didn't think so, but I could stand corrected I suppose..

Good point...I'm not sure if their contract with Live Nation is for touring only or the whole package. Usually, when bands sign (or renew) a record deal with labels it's for 4-5 albums. Perhaps, U2 can do whatever they want and only sign for 1 or 2 albums. The main incentive for Live Nation in this deal is the revenues generated by the World tour...

I could be wrong, I'm not that knowledgeable in Music Business contracts...

I don't care if the new album's a classic or not.
I really don't even care if its any good at all.
It's not about quality for me, at all, it's all about quantity.
U2 owe me and like the taxman or the grim reaper, im here to collect.
I want a double album, two of them, full of filler, clunkers, Get on your stand up comedy or ill go crazy tonight.
I demand a double album and i demand they release it NOW
I will not go gently into that good night
Release the double album now or there will be heads in mailboxes
all around the country
all across the world
bloody heads
still breathing
bleeding
beating
thirsty
meaty
heads