LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's something on U2Valencia's facebook page about the new album.. but I dont speak U2Valencian..

Atentos a @U2enEspana nos traen buenas noticias desde Niza!! #U2NewAlbum aquí con Adam Clayton #U2

lmao, "true fans" would know that Original Soundtracks is not a U2 album. The artist is quite clearly Passengers. Try as much as you like, but it does not count for U2's discography. It was a side project of the band members and Eno.

lolling even more at your last statement. :lol: Great trolling!

Passengers is a U2 record. It was written and performed by the band and Eno, same as NLOTH except the latter has Lanois as a member, which is an even further dilution of "U2." OST 1 is a logical extension of Zooropa; it is very much the "next U2 record."

There was, what, three weeks between the Invisible shoot and the video release? Or was it a month?

Also, Passengers is a U2 album. Not officially, but as fans discussing their discography, there is no reason not to include it...

Passengers is a U2 record. It was written and performed by the band and Eno, same as NLOTH except the latter has Lanois as a member, which is an even further dilution of "U2." OST 1 is a logical extension of Zooropa; it is very much the "next U2 record."

Even the band itself does not consider it a U2 record.
U2 > Discography > Albums > Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 (side project)

It's a side project, made by the artist group Passengers. As much as you want it to be a U2 record, officially, it is not and shall never be. Sure, it's considered one amongst some fans, but that does not make anything official. So the guy claiming that true fans would know the new album will be their 14th is simply wrong. The next U2 album will be LP13.

Even the band itself does not consider it a U2 record.
U2 > Discography > Albums > Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 (side project)

It's a side project, made by the artist group Passengers. As much as you want it to be a U2 record, officially, it is not and shall never be. Sure, it's considered one amongst some fans, but that does not make anything official. So the guy claiming that true fans would know the new album will be their 14th is simply wrong. The next U2 album will be LP13.

Indeed.

Hence my prefacing this thread's title with LP13.

Logic motherfuckers.

I'm purely speculating that could be the case if in fact they are shooting a video for a new single and ostensibly that new single is to be (one of?) the first off the album.. Repeat: my speculation.

Pardon my ignorance- i'm only a part time lurker here - but do you claim insider knowledge? I'm sure this has been resolved before, but maybe there are others out there like me who lurk who are skeptical of "insiders" posting. :) forgive my skepticism gvox :wave:

Pardon my ignorance- i'm only a part time lurker here - but do you claim insider knowledge? I'm sure this has been resolved before, but maybe there are others out there like me who lurk who are skeptical of "insiders" posting. :) forgive my skepticism gvox :wave:

Yes, gvox does have a source and he has been very accurate in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

LOL. That's what happens when the iPad slips when opening a post.

I tried the Cappuccino Lays chips a few days ago. Tastes like a potato chip lightly coated with cappuccino powder. Unfortunately the powder flavor isn't strong enough and you get a flavor duel where both tastes lose.
I had no intention of trying the Cappucino flavored Lays, your review just affirmed the fact. Thanks.

Bono may not be happy though.

How did passengers do sales wise? Did it get anywhere in the charts?when it came out was it considered a new u2 record or did people ignore it?

How did passengers do sales wise? Did it get anywhere in the charts?when it came out was it considered a new u2 record or did people ignore it?

Here's the album chart info from Wiki:

Chart (1995)

Peak position

Australian Albums (ARIA)

Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)

Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)

Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)

Canadian Albums

Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)

Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)

New Zealand Albums (Recorded Music NZ)

Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)

UK Albums

US Billboard 200

I don't recall anyone considering it a U2 album in the media or on radio.

I guess mikal did speak to your question, but I'm just curious.. I mean the post you responded to was peppered with me saying that I was only speculating...one needn't have an insider to speculate - just sayin ;). Ftr tho, no I have not heard anything about this video other than to confirm that they are shooting something. So with that knowledge, I speculated that someone (or some) must have lowered the hammer and put whoever it was that was holding up the works on notice that shit had to move forward with at least a single - if that is indeed what it is they are shooting, ie, the video for a new single - to keep things rolling. That is purely my speculation on it. That's all.

Here's the album chart info from Wiki:

Chart (1995)

Peak position

Australian Albums (ARIA)

Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)

Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)

Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)

Canadian Albums

Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)

Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)

New Zealand Albums (Recorded Music NZ)

Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)

UK Albums

US Billboard 200

I don't recall anyone considering it a U2 album in the media or on radio.

Noone outside of hardcore fans ever recognizes what the hell I'm talking about if I mention that U2 went on a lil tangent in the 90s and did Passengers. The vast majority of the U2-listening planet believes U2's 90s tangent was Pop.

Will anyone take a guess why U2 is being so hush about this album.

Its pretty remarkable they've been this quiet and no one is really talking too many details. Just Bono's interview earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom