LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rosephile

Refugee
There is an 18-second teaser trailer for "Invisible", the new single/song to premiere in a Super Bowl commercial between the first and second quarter of the game, which should be ~7-7:15pm EST on Sunday.

Download "Invisible" on itunes for 24 hours, for free, starting at 6pm EST Sunday.

via Bono_212:
A video has been filmed, directed by Mark Romanek, to be aired at some point thereafter.

Fallon on February 17. (Will U2 play with the Roots?)

ALSO, FOPP store has this ~totally official~ announcement displayed (orig. posted by trojanchick99):
2ij5lab.jpg

PLAY BALL.

I love the feel of a fresh thread just before it inevitably gets ruined. :love:

Is my non-sincerity on "totally official" in the first post clear enough? *facepalm* Should I add an all-caps disclaimer? *sigh*

That probably makes sense.

The wait is harder now that the release is so much closer!

But, but......... I didn't want it to make sense.

Was just kinda hoping it would somehow magically appear for download on Australian iTunes Sunday at midnight (Sydney time).

But, but......... I didn't want it to make sense.

Was just kinda hoping it would somehow magically appear for download on Australian iTunes Sunday at midnight (Sydney time).

That would be brilliant! I'll check the iTunes Store just after midnight anyway...

Rolling Stone just published a little Q&A with James Mercer, Danger Mouse's partner in Broken Bells, where this exchange took place:

RS: Would he take breaks to work on the U2 record? Was he thinking of that at the same time as working on that record?
JM: Yeah, he definitely was going back and forth. It was kind of fun to be able to hear the works in progress of U2 because I was such a huge fan of theirs in high school.

RS: How's it sounding?
JM: It sounds awesome. It sounds really cool. It was kind of cool to hear that they record in a very similar way to the way that I work, where you improvise and try your best to come up with melodies and stuff but you don't have any lyrics.

RS: I can't wait to hear what he does with them.
JM: Me too. I'm so hoping it's going to do well for both parties. I think it would be great to be a hit.

RS: Is he going to do the whole record with them?
JM: Apparently they've done just tons of material. Apparently that whole first record is just Brian's work.

:hmm:

I'm super excited. I've been singing the chorus in my for a while now.
Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Friday - 400 posts by 12:00 CET
Saturday - 20 posts by 12:00 CET

I guess we are all very productive at our work places :) but no time for interference on a day off :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I knew there'd be at least another new thread (or three) before the song drops :lol:

Did I read bono_212's post correctly in the old thread: RED tweeted Interference? As in, they might be actually lurking here???

:skerred:

Did I read bono_212's post correctly in the old thread: RED tweeted Interference? As in, they might be actually lurking here???

:skerred:

They're the scientists and we're the test subjects. The experiment being the reactions of a U2 fan to various events.

I think it was Headache the one that posted a few threads back a summary of how Madonna released her last album and we said that it looked as if the same Oseary's marketing strategy was being used for U2 now...with that in mind, this "2 songs before actual first single" slow burn-buildup may not be cause for our desperation, but a thought through strategy by Oseary that in the end may prove possitive for U2...what is clear is that the new management has to be playing a part in the decision of how they release their new material.

Back
Top Bottom