LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what you're saying..are you suggesting that a reporter is going on hold back something from being published because they are afraid of reprisal from U2?

Sent via owl

I'm suggesting that if a follow up question was asked there could be multiple reasons it wasn't printed. If a journalist or editor is asked to strike a subject he might, especially if printing the full quote might restrict access to a much more important subject later on. Or that if a followup question was asked, the subject could have caught himself and made a boring reply, not worth printing. I'm just saying that many of these interviews are a kind of PR event, one that is supposed to make everyone happy and look good. But maybe this journalist has a hard nosed reputation that would make this unreasonable; I don't know.

for what its worth, reeve carney (spiderman) has been in dublin this week and tweeted this yesterday...

@reevecarney: Just experienced the modern day equivalent of hanging with the Beatles all night, watching them work! Incredible. Story for the grandkids

That's rather useful information. U2 are working on the album, then, and without Danger Mouse. And "all night", which, to me, indicates some degree of hurry.

That's rather useful information. U2 are working on the album, then, and without Danger Mouse. And "all night", which, to me, indicates some degree of hurry.

I think this can be considered the epitome of over analysis.

Report: Larry Says U2 Planning New Album by September 2013

I'd say we will be finished by the summer - and hopefully we will have something released by September. Hopefully what we will be able to do is release September this year and shortly afterwards, release again. That's what we want to do. We are working with [producer] Brian Burton at the moment of Dangermouse, no will.i.am is not there, just Mister Mouse!

:lol: had forgotten about this.

I can only hope Larry actually said "Brian Barton... of Dangermouse," as the atu2 article seems to have him down as saying... after 2 years working with the guy. :lol:

Umm, it can? The only step of analysis I made was linking working all night with being in some degree of a hurry, which I don't think is absurd. We know that U2 are in the studio, and we know that Danger Mouse is with James Mercer.

Signs point that we may have 2 U2 albums this year. Double-album is quite possible, that would be fucking fantastic, OR two single albums released independently.

This adds up to Larry's comment. Multiple releases is what they want to do.
Bono also said last year that he hopes that we (general public) will be "sick of them" in 2014. That seems like they will be all over the place and releasing a lot of material.

Then again I'm just assuming, and have no clue.

Thoughts anyone ?

First record could mean first phase of a recording process, a completed session...what do I know...whatever.

Invisible...let's talk. I'm so drooling for tomorrow. I'm sure Clayton's missus will agree here. CK, will you resist if a radio premiere leak gets out before the actual thing? Tell me the measures you're taking for tomorrow. It's a serious thing.

I also want to testify the first bitching...it will be a joyful noise :)

How is that the "epitome" of "over" analysis? He made a single conclusion based on information as he understood it. You might think his "analysis" is faulty, fair enough, but I don't think "over" analysis is what you're looking for here. And even if it was "over" analysis, it certainly wasn't the epitome of it (though you will certainly find plenty of examples in these threads). Do you know what epitome means?

Here's an example...your comment is the epitome of misusing both the terms "over analysis" and "epitome".

Signs point that we may have 2 U2 albums this year. Double-album is quite possible, that would be fucking fantastic, OR two single albums released independently.

This adds up to Larry's comment. Multiple releases is what they want to do.
Bono also said last year that he hopes that we (general public) will be "sick of them" in 2014. That seems like they will be all over the place and releasing a lot of material.

Then again I'm just assuming, and have no clue.

Thoughts anyone ?

In my opinion 2 albums in the same year ain't gonna happen.
Best case scenario is if they release 1 album, and it fulfills their expectations and is a huge hit, I can see them releasing a second album the year after, while on tour, much as with Zooropa. I believe this is their wish, and want to have that "second album" in an advanced state of completion so they can release it in the middle of the tour.
IF THE FIRST ALBUM IS A HUGE HIT. If not, forget it.

How is that the "epitome" of "over" analysis? He made a single conclusion based on information as he understood it. You might think his "analysis" is faulty, fair enough, but I don't think "over" analysis is what you're looking for here. And it's certainly not the epitome of it. Do you know what epitome means?

Here's an example...your comment is the epitome of misusing both the terms "over analysis" and "epitome".

nice post. :up:

It has been one hell of a ride this past few months. 1 album, no album, april, june, october, no album, two albums...
I won't make any predictions. I got my hopes up and saw them crushed down yesterday. Today I woke up with two albums talks...

I'll just wait and see.

nice post. :up:

It has been one hell of a ride this past few months. 1 album, no album, april, june, october, no album, two albums...

I won't make any predictions. I got my hopes up and saw them crushed down yesterday. Today I woke up with two albums talks...

I'll just wait and see.

My focus will remain on Invisible, because that seems to be the only "sure thing" we're getting so far. Everything else is just word-of-mouth and difficult to find it's credibility. :shrug:

I still think Guy wants them to release the album sooner, rather than later.

A guy was traveling through Wyoming recently in a 10 year old pickup truck in the late afternoon. Guy, a 50 year old health nut who works out daily and is totally sober, was driving through a remote and beautiful area of the country where mountains kiss spectacular sunsets and roads are laid out for miles and miles. As he drove down the never-ending highway he got a bit of a chill when the temperatures outside dropped with the sun. He rolled up the windows, which he had down to keep fresh air in the cab so he wouldn't drift off to sleep. The local radio stations had already faded out so he began to recite old stories to himself to try and stay alert. The sunset reflections on the mountaintops were mesmerizing.

Then he noticed a speck up in the distance in the road ahead. At first he wasn't sure what it was, possibly a sign of some sort, maybe an animal? As he got closer it appeared to move, tall and lean, it had to be human. Guy slowed down and made out a slender figure hitchhiking in the road ahead. Guy normally didn't pick up hitchikers as the world we live in dictates to us we shouldn't. But this time he slowed down to take a look at the figure in the silhouette. It well dressed and clean cut, a nice looking young man standing in the middle of nowhere highway Wyoming. So he stopped and let the young man in the truck.

The young man's face was mostly hidden by the large cowboy hat, his jeans new and his shirt pressed, he hopped into the truck with Guy and was very soft spoken and polite. Guy tried to make conversation with the young man but he mostly would nod and stare out the truck window at the free show nature had provided. Guy had noticed a smell of dirt in the cabin of his truck, which began to grow stronger, so he looked the young man over but didn't see anything dirty on his new clothes or boots. He finally asked the young man if he smelled the earthy smell, when the young man looked directly towards him for the first time. To his horror, the right side of the young man's face was missing; blown off, rotted away, just completely gone.

Guy slammed on the brakes of the truck and skidded to a stop...the young man floated in an instant out of the front windshield of the truck and disappeared....gone into dusk in the middle of nothing. Guy got out of the truck and looked around, there was no sign of the young man anywhere, he had completely vanished. He looked back inside the truck and there was no sign of anyone had even ridden in the truck with him, the seat had no indentation in it, the windshield was still intact, no strange smell. Then he looked at the passenger floorboard of the truck and there on the mat it laid, a tiny little speck of the western earth, or dirt.

First record could mean first phase of a recording process, a completed session...what do I know...whatever.

Invisible...let's talk. I'm so drooling for tomorrow. I'm sure Clayton's missus will agree here. CK, will you resist if a radio premiere leak gets out before the actual thing? Tell me the measures you're taking for tomorrow. It's a serious thing.

I also want to testify the first bitching...it will be a joyful noise :)

My focus will remain on Invisible, because that seems to be the only "sure thing" we're getting so far. Everything else is just word-of-mouth and difficult to find it's credibility. :shrug:

My big question about Invisible isn't about how good or bad it will be, or whether it's a rocker or a snoozer like OL. I'm really not expecting a blockbuster either way (though that's certainly possible).

Rather, as a U2 fan I'm more interested in the general sound of the of the song and the "direction" of the record, since this is supposed to be a "sneak preview". More specifically, does it really represent a "new phase" of U2, with a completely reinvented sound ala TUF, AB and ATYCLB? (which I hope) Or it is just more of the 00's sound? (which I fear) That's the big question on my mind, and more interesting to me than how big the song is.

Wait. How did I break the forum?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Wait. How did I break the forum?

I think it has something to do with quoting a post with a video.

I dreamed it was the Super Bowl, and the Seahawks lost, but I didn't even notice because I was so wrapped up in the U2 song. :sad:

A guy was traveling through Wyoming recently in a 10 year old pickup truck in the late afternoon. Guy, a 50 year old health nut who works out daily and is totally sober, was driving through a remote and beautiful area of the country where mountains kiss spectacular sunsets and roads are laid out for miles and miles. As he drove down the never-ending highway he got a bit of a chill when the temperatures outside dropped with the sun. He rolled up the windows, which he had down to keep fresh air in the cab so he wouldn't drift off to sleep. The local radio stations had already faded out so he began to recite old stories to himself to try and stay alert. The sunset reflections on the mountaintops were mesmerizing.

Then he noticed a speck up in the distance in the road ahead. At first he wasn't sure what it was, possibly a sign of some sort, maybe an animal? As he got closer it appeared to move, tall and lean, it had to be human. Guy slowed down and made out a slender figure hitchhiking in the road ahead. Guy normally didn't pick up hitchikers as the world we live in dictates to us we shouldn't. But this time he slowed down to take a look at the figure in the silhouette. It well dressed and clean cut, a nice looking young man standing in the middle of nowhere highway Wyoming. So he stopped and let the young man in the truck.

The young man's face was mostly hidden by the large cowboy hat, his jeans new and his shirt pressed, he hopped into the truck with Guy and was very soft spoken and polite. Guy tried to make conversation with the young man but he mostly would nod and stare out the truck window at the free show nature had provided. Guy had noticed a smell of dirt in the cabin of his truck, which began to grow stronger, so he looked the young man over but didn't see anything dirty on his new clothes or boots. He finally asked the young man if he smelled the earthy smell, when the young man looked directly towards him for the first time. To his horror, the right side of the young man's face was missing; blown off, rotted away, just completely gone.

Guy slammed on the brakes of the truck and skidded to a stop...the young man floated in an instant out of the front windshield of the truck and disappeared....gone into dusk in the middle of nothing. Guy got out of the truck and looked around, there was no sign of the young man anywhere, he had completely vanished. He looked back inside the truck and there was no sign of anyone had even ridden in the truck with him, the seat had no indentation in it, the windshield was still intact, no strange smell. Then he looked at the passenger floorboard of the truck and there on the mat it laid, a tiny little speck of the western earth, or dirt.

His first and last view of his earthy passenger was the same: as but a speck.

And his name was Guy.

I'm paying attention.

His first and last view of his earthy passenger was the same: as but a speck.

And his name was Guy.

I'm paying attention.

:applaud:

March-April-June-September

It might see like a long road ahead for some. The end may still be the same...or maybe not....could be great or could be missing something. We've waited this long...whats a few more ____

enjoy the ride, the view, the spirits

Well, it certainly will take copious amounts of alcohol to get through the next few months.

There's a better way.

I invite you to join me on the path of peace.

gautam_buddha_in_meditation.gif

Back
Top Bottom