LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of nowhere, the rumor mill has gone into full force!

- Our favorite tabloid, 'The Sun', reported that the comeback is on for this year. The band are 'very confident' and feel like the wait has been worth it. They also report that the album will be released this year, most likely in November.
- They speculate that the band might be playing the iTunes Festival at London's Roundhouse in September, following the release of the first single.
U2 reportedly set to release new album 'before the end of the year' | News | NME.COM
Universal Music Colombia: U2's 'Sirens' Album Ready in September

- Universal Music Colombia tweeted out on July 24th that the name of the album will be called 'Sirens' and will be ready by September.
- U2Valencia has speculated that the single will be called 'Siren' (without the s).
El primer single y posible nombre del disco de U2: Siren o Sirens - U2Valencia.com - U2 Fan Club - U2Spain.com

Let the speculating, discussing and bitching continue! Your daily dose of U2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwxO2n4i30

What about the Interference poster with 636 posts who said the single will be released in late September and that the album is dropping the week of Thanksgiving!!!!!

Cosmo deserves top billing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What about the Interference poster with 636 posts who said the single will be released in late September and that the album is dropping the week of Thanksgiving!!!!!

Cosmo deserves top billing!!!!

:uhoh:

october21.gif

I find it worrisome (or amusing perhaps) that in 2014, an internet leak of information is cause for big panic.

It's 2014. Shouldn't all big companies (especially media companies) have a plan in place for when big news inevitably is leaked onto the internet ahead of schedule?

Surely Universal/Interscope has more of their Spin Doctor sleeve than "Hey, pay no attention to that thing, that's not true"?

What is the source on this whole "universal is freaking out" thing besides a post on a message board?

I work next door to them, and there's lots of screaming and glass breaking coming from the building.

I freaking loved the Spin Doctors.

Marry him or marry me, I'm the one that loves you baby can't you see?
I ain't got no future or a family tree, But I know what a prince and lover ought to be.

I find it worrisome (or amusing perhaps) that in 2014, an internet leak of information is cause for big panic.

It's 2014. Shouldn't all big companies (especially media companies) have a plan in place for when big news inevitably is leaked onto the internet ahead of schedule?

Surely Universal/Interscope has more of their Spin Doctor sleeve than "Hey, pay no attention to that thing, that's not true"?

Don't you know...there's a big announcement on friday? :wink:

This is just my personal theory, nothing more, but I imagine they're going to do a double album. Here's why: They're super concerned about album sales, right? Don't double albums count for double sales? If they release a double album, they're going to sell just as many copies as they normally do, but it'll count 2x, so they could release a "massive" hit (by comparison to whatever else is out that week). There's been so much material kicking around, at this point, that I'd imagine something along the lines of disc one being the "real" album and disc 2 being a bit of a "sorry for the delay, here's a lot of stuff we were working on, but just didn't pan out".

At that point, I'd say that's the last "big" thing U2 will ever do. They'll tour for a while and going forward, release one off stuff when they feel like it, just like their peers.

Anyways, that's just what I FEEL could be an interesting possibility. Doubt it happens, but it would make sense, to me.

Soundscan does not count double albums as double sales. RIAA does.

This means that it doesn't affect the chart totals for those that use Soundscan like the Billboard Charts.

But it would go towards certification of 'Gold', 'Platinum', etc.

I understand this a very North American-centric post, just sharing the info.

Soundscan does not count double albums as double sales. RIAA does.

This means that it doesn't affect the chart totals for those that use Soundscan like the Billboard Charts.

But it would go towards certification of 'Gold', 'Platinum', etc.

I understand this a very North American-centric post, just sharing the info.
Ah, thank you for that information, it's good to know. I was coming at it from just the U.S., yeah, didn't consider that.

No one's concerned that the name "Sirens" was also the supposed name of an unreleased Lana Del Ray album leaked onto Youtube a couple years ago? I mean, is this what we call all rumored albums now?

Back
Top Bottom