LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But McGuiness quit...

Nah, he's still the "mentor-in-chief" while he continuously obsesses over his money. I really wish we could put his face in this GIF.
tumblr_mapvo1VCqX1qdeg3fo1_250.gif

(This does not express my political views whatsoever)

For all we know (or don't know) there could be many reasons for U2 taking so long with the album, surely fear, doubt, insecurity and so on are part of them, but I'm pretty sure laziness isn't. Personal stuff could play a role, also the change in management. The band has been very much under the radar for the whole production process so we really don't know what's going on. It has been extraordinarily quiet for a long time. I hope they'll shed some light on the whole thing when the album gets released eventually.

No, that analogy sucks. A car is a machine, and will not function correctly without brakes. An album does not need every single song to be listened to for the others to make sense, unless it's some wacky ass concept album which clearly this is not.

Here's another one: you've been a customer at a book store for years and have spent hundreds of dollars there. You go in one day and find that suddenly the staff is rude and unavailable, the store is a complete mess, and stock is very low. Is this acceptable simply because you have not yet paid for something on this particular visit? Of course not, even if you had never bought anything in your life from that store you still expect a certain standard of service. If you do end up purchasing a product, does this change that level of expectation? No, it doesn't. Also, you seem to imply that my expectation of quality and service should only apply to that particular product which I've paid money for. Does you liking the book mean the shitty service you received is perfectly ok? Does your purchase mean that your service expectations can only apply to the specific product purchased and to no other aspect of the buying experience?

Again, you intend to rent a car. The guy tells you to go fuck yourself and your mother. Since you haven't paid for anything yet by your logic this is perfectly fine as you have no right to expect any kind of standard of care until you fork over your cash and only then specifically and directly relating to the product itself. Let's go further and say that despite this you rent the vehicle, the car runs great and gets you where you need to go, so are you not allowed to be upset since the actual product you paid for was acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think your analogies show your sense of entitlement.

If you have been a customer at a book store for years, and suddenly the staff is rude and unavailable and teh store is a mess, you claim it's unacceptable? Why? What's there to accept? If it's now a shitty store, why do you keep going there? You'd go to a different store...

If you intend to rent a car, and the car salesman is rude as fuck, why would you say it's perfectly fine? Why would you even consider renting the fucking car? You'd tell the guy to go fuck himself and rent a car at a different company...

From these analogies it seems like you expect a certain service that was provided to you in the past. What makes you believe you should get this service, simply because you got it in the past?
It's simply just the same with U2. They don't owe you anything, they didn't 'promise' anything, they can do whatever the fuck they want. It's up to you if you can accept that and not expect so much of them... if you can't, nobody is forcing you to stay a U2 fan you know, there's millions of other bands out there.

I think the new album will be a classic. They want it to be a strong album and I think it will be one. I still think Ordinary love is underrated and the song will stand the test of time. It came in slowly, first I thought it was a mediocre song. Now I like it a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think the new album will be a classic. They want it to be a strong album and I think it will be one. I still think Ordinary love is underrated and the song will stand the test of time. It came in slowly, first I thought it was a mediocre song. Now I like it a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I also find myself liking OL more and more, and I liked it fine when it came out.

Your heart is on my sleeve
Did you put it there with a Bob Barker?
For years I would believe
That I would win the Showcase Showdown

Plinko chips fall high from the studio sky
And rest in the slots
A brand new car for you and I
If we can bid on a dinette or clock

I can't price this anymore
What am I pricing for?

I've lost track on some of those analogies, but the last time I checked, bands tend to exist to record and actually release music. If U2 don't have something good to release by now then maybe it is time to do a farewell greatest hits tour and just start milking the teats of the cash cow that will be be based on numerous re-releases and "rare" tracks.

It's starting to remind me of that theory about monkeys and typewriters... They must surely be at the point where their noodling and remixing and re-starts has produced something at least as good as any of their last three albums?

It's got to the point now that when I see a link to some kind of U2-related news I actually expect it to be a joke or some kind of piss-take.

No, that analogy sucks. A car is a machine, and will not function correctly without brakes. An album does not need every single song to be listened to for the others to make sense, unless it's some wacky ass concept album which clearly this is not.

Here's another one: you've been a customer at a book store for years and have spent hundreds of dollars there. You go in one day and find that suddenly the staff is rude and unavailable, the store is a complete mess, and stock is very low. Is this acceptable simply because you have not yet paid for something on this particular visit? Of course not, even if you had never bought anything in your life from that store you still expect a certain standard of service. If you do end up purchasing a product, does this change that level of expectation? No, it doesn't. Also, you seem to imply that my expectation of quality and service should only apply to that particular product which I've paid money for. Does you liking the book mean the shitty service you received is perfectly ok? Does your purchase mean that your service expectations can only apply to the specific product purchased and to no other aspect of the buying experience?

Again, you intend to rent a car. The guy tells you to go fuck yourself and your mother. Since you haven't paid for anything yet by your logic this is perfectly fine as you have no right to expect any kind of standard of care until you fork over your cash and only then specifically and directly relating to the product itself. Let's go further and say that despite this you rent the vehicle, the car runs great and gets you where you need to go, so are you not allowed to be upset since the actual product you paid for was acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

http://youtu.be/X7XbukdoGmM

you know.. I wouldnt be surprised if Adele were the guest vocal on Song for Someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom