LP13: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

You mean the Independent is full of it and that U2 'denial/non-denial' means nothing and we should expect nothing tomorrow since this Dre thing came to nothing?

or

There's reason to believe Detox is actually coming, and of course it would make more sense for Dre to tie in with Apple than with MTV?

Because if Dr Dre and U2 drop something, whether together or apart, with Apple tomorrow...

:applaud::crazy:

You mean the Independent is full of it and that U2 'denial/non-denial' means nothing and we should expect nothing tomorrow since this Dre thing came to nothing?

or

There's reason to believe Detox is actually coming, and of course it would make more sense for Dre to tie in with Apple than with MTV?

Because if Dr Dre and U2 drop something, whether together or apart, with Apple tomorrow...

:applaud::crazy:

My point is that just because mainstream media picks up a rumor, doesn't make it true.

I half expect something tomorrow, to be perfectly honest, but my expectations are tempered by previous disappointments, such as the above.

I know it would be a huge leap to expect anything re: Detox, after all these years...

but it seems fair to assume that if there were any major Beats/iTunes announcement, it would likely involve more than any 1 artist. A hip-hop artist would help offset the 'omg U2/old white men again' factor.

U2+Madonna+Dre would make the thing immense.

I just think it'd be amazing if the Dre guy with the lyrics were right. :cute:

I know it would be a huge leap to expect anything re: Detox, after all these years...

but it seems fair to assume that if there were any major Beats/iTunes announcement, it would likely involve more than any 1 artist. A hip-hop artist would help offset the 'omg U2/old white men again' factor.

U2+Madonna+Dre would make the thing immense.

I just think it'd be amazing if the Dre guy with the lyrics were right. :cute:

Dr Dre is old himself. Not sure if anyone under 25 who listens to mainstream rap would consider him relevant at all.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

'I Need a Doctor' was, chartwise, comparable to 'Forgot about Dre'/'Still DRE'... don't think it made quite the same impact, but was at least as big on Billboard.

And I think there's a huge difference between 'old hip-hop artist' and 'old old rock artist'... though I see your point. It doesn't make sense that a middle aged man who hasn't made a record in a decade and a half would be more immediately 'relevant' than U2, but I kind of think he is...

'I Need a Doctor' was, chartwise, comparable to 'Forgot about Dre'/'Still DRE'... don't think it made quite the same impact, but was at least as big on Billboard.

And I think there's a huge difference between 'old hip-hop artist' and 'old old rock artist'... though I see your point. It doesn't make sense that a middle aged man who hasn't made a record in a decade and a half would be more immediately 'relevant' than U2, but I kind of think he is...

It's because hip-hop seems more cool then rock to young people! I think that's why Dr Dre would be more relevant.

I think that even those of us that know there's no way they will release anything at midnight tonight will still probably have a little itch to take a peak at 12:01

This is already a great day. My compatriot just won the US open... Now it's up to U2 to make it perfect

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

(re: Headache)

You forgot Kanye.

I do wonder about Beats. It does seem like a quick turnaround from acquisition to 'launch'; but Beats music streaming already exists and (via Wikipedia research), has over 20 million tracks available, equal to what Spotify had as of December 2012.

From the perspective of someone who knows nothing about it, anyway, it looks more like a matter of figuring out how to really get people to consider switching over, rather than a matter of building something from the ground up.

Dre, U2, Madonna exclusives... do seem like one potential way to do that. Maybe with some innovative visual+audio thing, as Spotify doesn't offer more than point and click... if Beats had some exclusives, an undeniably cooler interface/extra features selection, and some kind of special iPhone 6 tie-in (being pre-loaded on the iPhone, almost for sure, I would think)... that could just about do the trick.

NOT THAT I THINK WE'RE GETTING DETOX....:shifty:

Nope. I wish. I lucked out once, so at least there's that! I'm damn curious WTF will actually end up on the record..

Care to rehash any of that? I remember loving the descriptions, and cant think of a better way to pass the time.

Care to rehash any of that? I remember loving the descriptions, and can think of a better way to pass the time.

You're kidding right? After the ass kicking I got? No thanks. :sad:

I rarely post, and as for now, I'm eagerly awaiting this record with the lot of you.

You're kidding right? After the ass kicking I got? No thanks. :sad:

I rarely post, and as for now, I'm eagerly awaiting this record with the lot of you.

Wasn't kidding, I was happy to give you the benefit of the doubt and enjoyed the descriptions a bunch.

Understand if you'd rather not though. Hope you'll share contrast thoughts when it drops, if nothing else.

People think Beats would use U2, Madonna, and Dre to launch a new service/product? Yeah, right.

"Beats Music: your one-stop shop for has-beens desperately trying to stay relevant!"

Wasn't kidding, I was happy to give you the benefit of the doubt and enjoyed the descriptions a bunch.

Understand if you'd rather not though. Hope you'll share contrast thoughts when it drops, if nothing else.

Not sure I want another bashing, but yeah, I might. I understand if people don't want to believe what I say, but to be called names and called "full of shit" is an experience I'd rather not repeat. I was hesitant to post because I was afraid that would happen, and I regretted it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom