LP13: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple is outside San Francisco

Yeah, it seems like there's a lot of confusion about US geography from some of our overseas friends here. Cupertino (where Apples is headquartered) is in the Bay area of California, between San Francisco and San Jose. This is northern California, and it's 300-400 miles north of Los Angeles.

Yeah, it seems like there's a lot of confusion about US geography from some of our overseas friends here. Cupertino (where Apples is headquartered) is in the Bay area of California, between San Francisco and San Jose. This is northern California, and it's 300-400 miles north of Los Angeles.

Yeah i was miles away ? you have to remember i live in the middle of england and it would only take me 3 hours to get as far north or south as you can get.im not use to these long distances ??

i am signing off for a while.

good luck sleeping tonight and let's hope for some amazing news tomorrow:wave:

Rolling Stone has a long history with U2, they are in the know...it's the top band on the Fall Preview story...if it was only a single, they wouldn't put it on the front page like that...they've been sitting on this I'm sure. I mean, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I know the answer is "because interference," but why is everybody so up in arms about tomorrow?

U2 were shooting video at a couple locations in the last few weeks. All signs have been pointing to a Q4 release for some time, and continue to do so. If there's nothing tomorrow, bummer, but that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme. if we know nothing in a month, then yeah, that's probably a major problem.

There's enough smoke out there that there's a fire somewhere.

That said, I'll do my duty and head to my local FYE tonight. I'll chew some bubble gum, tell them that Discotheque is one of their top 10 songs, and demand answers about the next 24 hours. #HotU2Takes

OK...I see what you posted now...we'll see.

I find it hard to believe Rolling Stone is going to go with U2 as the top band in their Fall Preview unless they had some sort of concrete information. If it was 'unconfirmed' rumor, I'd think U2 would be listed lower...

We discussed this pretty thoroughly in the last thread, but U2's isn't the only album on there that they're kinda just guessing at.

Listening to Winter (Movie version) makes me wonder that U2 still have something to present their fans. As the greatest rock band of all time, who else could deliver a damn good record at this point in their career?

Listening to Winter (Movie version) makes me wonder that U2 still have something to present their fans. As the greatest rock band of all time, who else could deliver a damn good record at this point in their career?

I think this topic has been brought up a few times, but there are quite a few artists/bands out there that have released some great material as similar points in there career, as of late.

Not many. I mean, they would have to reinvent themselves from scratch to be be able to give something they have not given before.

Not many. I mean, they would have to reinvent themselves from scratch to be be able to give something they have not given before.

I don't particularly care if it's something they've already given us before as long as the songs are good songs. I don't expect an album as good as Achtung or Joshua Tree or [insert your third favorite U2 album here], but I do believe they are capable of writing excellent songs still. And that's fine. Just give me songs I like, I don't care if it sounds like Achtung and Joshua Tree fucked and had a baby, provided it's a good song.

I think this topic has been brought up a few times, but there are quite a few artists/bands out there that have released some great material as similar points in there career, as of late.

You misunderstood me, I mean that if others artists delivered good albums at this stage, then U2, as being the greatest rock band of all time(for the majority of the people in here at least), could do that too. And listening to this gem made me remember that. I need a new single soon, I want to restore my faith in them.

I was so looking forward to news tomorrow. But I'm no longer excited for personal reasons outside of the band. If an album dropped tomorrow, I wouldn't give a shit. As selfish as it is, I am hoping for a delay so I can fully appreciate the good news.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom