LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might storm church studios next friday and saturday and im gonna have a listen :)

I'll say that one of the reasons why I felt strongly that the album was getting ready to be released, and that the plans were dropped suddenly... has restarted just this past week, with a slight hint of urgency.

Sooo I think we might be moving in that direction again.

Thanks! I do love a heavily veiled hint, and starting again with a hint of urgency sounds promising.

I'll say that one of the reasons why I felt strongly that the album was getting ready to be released, and that the plans were dropped suddenly... has restarted just this past week, with a slight hint of urgency.

Sooo I think we might be moving in that direction again.

Yeah, there has been an abnormally high number of people claiming to have bits of info about the album nearing the completion lately. Enough to make me suspect that they may not be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i think its time to start another thread

i have to go outside and mow the yard, run the weed eater, edger, and then clean the grill.

Based on last nights alcohol consumption i will likely sweat bullets.

just in case anyone wants to know what im up to

Church Studios - The Empire Lights

Quote:

We were given a private tour of the studios by one of Pauls assistant engineers and walked in on U2s album being mixed! Got to hear some brand new songs that even the biggest U2 fans wouldn’t have heard yet. It was pretty awesome to say the least.

Well at least it's confirmed they are mixing which doesn't mean much with this band that can stay in that mode for long periods of time. It's like a movie that gets stuck in post-production instead of most movies which are stuck in development hell.

I don't want to get optimistic, but I really really hope things start heading in the right direction from now on.

Thanks! I do love a heavily veiled hint, and starting again with a hint of urgency sounds promising.

I do want to emphasize the "slight" part of "slight hint of urgency," and also emphasize that it could be absolutely nothing.

But the timing, being it along with other rumblings that things may be happening soon, is curious.

I wonder if ClaytonsKitten's preorder status has been updated at all with the new info.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Aren't U2 perpetually mixing? They've probably got songs dating back to 1978 that they're still mixing. Some random tweet by itself means fuck-all, although if shit is gonna happen this year we'll get wind of it soon :hmm:

although if shit is gonna happen this year we'll get wind of it soon :hmm:

Yep. If we're getting an album in 2014, the next two weeks are when we'll hear something. Not some official release, but rumors and whispers, which is what we are starting to hear. Same thing basically happened this time last year but maybe they'll finally nut up and just put the fucker out.

Yep. If we're getting an album in 2014, the next two weeks are when we'll hear something. Not some official release, but rumors and whispers, which is what we are starting to hear. Same thing basically happened this time last year but maybe they'll finally nut up and just put the fucker out.

The window is a little bigger than two weeks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I would highly doubt an unannounced album drop.
Unless they were releasing this February and had a Super Bowl commercial or something....:wink:
No, this band will let everyone and their mother know it's coming and when it's coming.

My prediction is they'll make a big announcement with this album. And then we'll see a surprise EP drop during their tour.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I believe we'll hear something official in August. At the very least the air date and title of the first single, and possibly also the album name. Like others have said, I think we're in for one more big freakout, panic inducing comment from a band member or "official source" that will suggest an album won't come out this year. But it'll turn out to be something vague somebody said off the cuff that got blown out of proportion. Things should shake out like this;

July- rumor mill heats up, interference experiences their final pre-album freakout
August- Things are unusually quiet until the middle/end of the month, where we get some kind of semi-official/official announcement
September- First single is released to radio, album name is revealed, promo activities begin
October- Promo activities continue, early album reviews, a second track becomes available
November- Album is released
Feb-March- Tour begins

OR- the album will get pushed back to 2015. At this point I'm 75% certain we'll get something before the end of this year, but we are talking about U2, and obviously plans can change, and they have no problem delaying an album for 6 months for even small changes.

Back
Top Bottom