LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not going to go to bed tonight until we have news.

I love news!!!

I don't think anybody here said they are expecting U2 to release two albums.

Yea let me add that I in no way, shape or firm believe that U2 is going to release two albums out a single double album.

But it has been said by numerous people in and around the band.

I think they're probably considering it, or have considered it, but in the end will puss out.

I'd gladly be wrong.

You didn't see him play a Tele last tour?

DAMMIT! WRONG AGAIN!

That's a pretty sweet looking guitar too, hope its around on the next tour!
I also want Edge to play that baby blue Gibson SG. Wrong thread I guess...

as for B & E on the Fender Board

Egde has often talked about the pontential of the EG as yet still unfolding.....
I think his sonic work with effects- that some dismiss as not real EG "chops"- is highly part of the game.

bono has been occasionally playhing a EG and of course listening to this stuff from Edge for decades "in the trenches" so to speak has his own insights as one also so attuned to music, sonics and dynamics ( as he once talked about The Who's sound dynamics) and performance.

given the context of Broken Bell's quote, quotes from both Bono and Adam, and the use of 'album' and 'record' it's clear there was IS a grand idea of two albums at one time.

Fixed that for you.

If there working on a double album ,i cant see it being released as a double, i reckon it would be similar to achtung and zooropa. The 2nd would be released while on tour.

2 albums isn't out of the realm of possibility. Not at all. This place will have a meltdown once it happens though. Total and complete meltdown. :lol:

I'll gladly take either one. A double release, or the "release one, tour, release another" idea.

did u know that the digital-art tech guys ( and gals?) had to write special programing to make Merida's beautiful, curly, spirally hair move correctly.

obviously her hair moves in mysterious ways
Yes, I remember hearing that when that movie came out. I love it.

The Current Champions of Interland Giffing :applaud::applaud:
I'm honored, but Cori has the crown on GIFs. She's my hero. :lol:

So yes, when one says "record" it is possible that they're referring to just one song... but in the context of this interview it makes ZERO sense, and is clearly referring to multiple albums.

Whether or not Mercer has any particular insight and accidentally let something slip, or he is just aware that they've worked with multiple producers and assumes there are multiple albums? Yea, those things can be debated.

But in no way is he referring to a "record" as Ordinary Love and only Ordinary Love. The context of the discussion makes that incredibly crystal clear.

You and I haven't always agreed, but you are SPOT on here.

So which rumor do we want confirmed first? Album news or World Cup?

I would like to state for the record that I have transferred all my rock star love from Bono over to Guy Garvey.

You snooze you lose, Bono. I'm sure he's crushed.

Guy garvey must be the worst looking rock star ever to grace planet earth.

He looks like he should be a bingo caller or something.

Man, you gotta think they have a ton of songs.

1) Any Rick Rubin material..."All My Life", etc. Probably just a handful.
2) The fabled "Songs of Ascent" stuff - supposedly an album worth of songs.
3) Any other material predating 2009/2010 that has fallen through the cracks over the years. Like a "Treason" or whatever.
4) The new rock stuff that was debuted on the 360 tour like "Glastonbury".
5) This club stuff, or dance stuff that was reported to be one of the "three albums" that Bono yammered on about.
6) The stuff that is unique to Danger Mouse sessions.
7) The stuff that is unique to most recent sessions with new producers.

Maybe we don't get a double album (I'd say almost impossible) or two albums spread out a year or so apart (more likely but still a stretch) but you gotta think that there is going to be one hell of a box set one of these days.

Guy garvey must be the worst looking rock star ever to grace planet earth.

Really?
37.jpg

Marilyn+Manson+Premiere+HBO+Final+Season+Eastbound+EtfBZSr6Oykl.jpg

lemmy.jpg

Man, you gotta think they have a ton of songs.

1) Any Rick Rubin material..."All My Life", etc. Probably just a handful.
2) The fabled "Songs of Ascent" stuff - supposedly an album worth of songs.
3) Any other material predating 2009/2010 that has fallen through the cracks over the years. Like a "Treason" or whatever.
4) The new rock stuff that was debuted on the 360 tour like "Glastonbury".
5) This club stuff, or dance stuff that was reported to be one of the "three albums" that Bono yammered on about.
6) The stuff that is unique to Danger Mouse sessions.
7) The stuff that is unique to most recent sessions with new producers.

Maybe we don't get a double album (I'd say almost impossible) or two albums spread out a year or so apart (more likely but still a stretch) but you gotta think that there is going to be one hell of a box set one of these days.

Treason was produced by Dr Dre. Dr Dre now works for Apple along with Jimmy Iovine. U2 once worked with Apple. Triple album iTunes exclusive comes out tomorrow #interferencelogic

One would think Fender would take Adam and Edge over Bono and Edge since Adam's been playing Fender basses off and on the whole time....but I think Adam might have a deal with Warwick basses at this point....dunno.

Sorry if this was posted already

News | Ryan Tedder On New Adele and U2 Music: 'The Pressure Drives Me' | Singersroom

"I just wrapped up a couple weeks with U2, so any level of pressure that I could possibly have I've already experienced at this point. The pressure drives me. To make it an analogy to sports: Everyone on the court wants to be as good as Kobe Bryant, but the only way to do that is to practice, practice, practice. So I never stop writing, and when someone calls upon me to write something I'm already so immersed in that headspace that I don't panic," Tedder shared with the Denver Post.

One would think Fender would take Adam and Edge over Bono and Edge since Adam's been playing Fender basses off and on the whole time....but I think Adam might have a deal with Warwick basses at this point....dunno.

Isn't Adam more of a Lakland guy than anything? I thought the Warwick thing was just the Reverso signature bass... :hmm:

I feel that Bono and Edge would be more of a "draw" to the company than "Adam and Edge". I'm an Adam girl but I know that for most, Bono = U2. Especially from a business standpoint. Bono and Edge are the band spokespersons and the number monkeys.

Sorry if this was posted already

News | Ryan Tedder On New Adele and U2 Music: 'The Pressure Drives Me' | Singersroom

"I just wrapped up a couple weeks with U2, so any level of pressure that I could possibly have I've already experienced at this point. The pressure drives me. To make it an analogy to sports: Everyone on the court wants to be as good as Kobe Bryant, but the only way to do that is to practice, practice, practice. So I never stop writing, and when someone calls upon me to write something I'm already so immersed in that headspace that I don't panic," Tedder shared with the Denver Post.

Kobe, don't be rapin out there.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom