LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a couple articles today, like the one below, that essentially say, "Apple's event is on September 9... the same day that U2 is scheduled to release its next single!" They make it sound like the two things are mutually exclusive.

But was there ever a rumor of U2 releasing a single on 9/9 that was NOT tied to the Apple event? Did I miss that?

U2 To Be Part Of iPhone6 Launch Noise11.com music news Music News | News | Noise11.com

I've read a couple articles today, like the one below, that essentially say, "Apple's event is on September 9... the same day that U2 is scheduled to release its next single!" They make it sound like the two things are mutually exclusive.

But was there ever a rumor of U2 releasing a single on 9/9 that was NOT tied to the Apple event? Did I miss that?

U2 To Be Part Of iPhone6 Launch Noise11.com music news Music News | News | Noise11.com

Nothing yet other than that Lance Shart guy saying that no matter if the Apple rumors are true or not, there will be some big news next week.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guys, let's stop talking about this William Morris guy. He doesn't even know the correct name of the company. The "William Morris agency" ceased to exist several years ago. The company's name is now WME.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So on my Facebook newsfeed, it lists the Business Insider article, using the headline, "It Looks Like U2 Will Launch the iPhone 6."

Click the link, and the headline reads: "U2 Denies It Will Help Launch the iPhone 6"

:drunk:

So on my Facebook newsfeed, it lists the Business Insider article, using the headline, "It Looks Like U2 Will Launch the iPhone 6."

Click the link, and the headline reads: "U2 Denies It Will Help Launch the iPhone 6"

:drunk:

I posted the Yahoo! link to that second article a few pages back. Everyone laughed asking who uses Yahoo? Apparently, Yahoo is faster than FB in getting news out, which is a bit odd.

If there is a U2 tie-in, it's most likely a single. "Vertigo" worked well, why not repeat with Beats and new iPhone and yada. Gotta be better than Blackberry, whatever that is.

Nothing yet other than that Lance Shart guy saying that no matter if the Apple rumors are true or not, there will be some big news next week.

Lance "Pants" Shart.

I wonder if this guy only meant to let a little info out, but it kind of got away from him and exploded into something tougher to control....or clean up.

Aerial photo of whatever Apple is building outside of Flint Center.

uBUfrA3

Ok, so my brother is a fairly prominent journalist in his field here in Australia, and I asked him about the pulling of the Independent article, and for some industry insight into the possible contexts. Here is his verbatim response:

that their loony fans will pour over every single little subtext of everything that is said or not said. The quotes were made and then changed deliberately so people like you

i think your brother just called you a loony :lol:

Nick66, you ask, "Has Fisher done that? Has he said 'Hey I know X, but I can't tell you?'"

Well, yes, Fisher has done that. He did that just today actually. Posted today by Fisher on page 10 of the following thread: Official Apple/U2 Info

"Telegram to Interference: I came out of the woodwork because I did not like the way they treated Paul McGuinness. It's as simple as that. Every word I've posted here has been kosher. The surprise for me is how little about U2 so many diehard fans appear to know, which is why they get so steamed up over stuff that is commonplace to the better informed. I'm the diehard fan to end them all, but if I laid it out here you'd just say I was a Walter Mitty making it up; so why would I do that?"

If he doesn't want to "lay it out here" for us, than why would he even tell us he has something to "lay out"? That's the aspect that turns many people off, I would say. At least give us something -- if it's true or not, it's entertaining at the very least. And right now, us U2 fans need some entertainment! But why tell us he knows things if he can't share these so called things?

if he "laid it out" he would have lawsuits coming out of his ass

My NDA says I can be sued for upwards of $50,000 as well as fired.

Only an idiot would post that info.

Still, I want all that was written to be true.

Sent from

it's hilarious! he shares info, and then says oops... boom ... NDA :lol:

if it were true, he would deserve to be fired

ok, so, maybe, see you Wednesday - this place might be a bloodbath on Tuesday :D

IMO, all these latest stories are BS. Let's prepare for a rumor/speculation/supposed "insider" stories meltdown this weekend, it will be crazy as hell.

The album or single probably won't even be released next week. There hasn't been one ounce of concrete evidence to suggest that the album or single will be released.

New Billboard article, now with an Interscope statement. Billboard has surely come a long way from infamously claiming that there won't be new U2 music in 2014 to this:

Another source tells Billboard that a new single could arrive as soon as the next two weeks, with co-production from Epworth, Tedder and Danger Mouse likely.

U2 Not Launching a New iPhone, But A New Album? | Billboard

For me, the most promising news is the Terry Lawless message posted earlier in this thread. It means that there are indeed live shows coming up.

The album or single probably won't even be released next week. There hasn't been one ounce of concrete evidence to suggest that the album or single will be released.

I'm still not totally convinced anything's going to happen but that won't stop me being all :hyper: next Tuesday & checking out the live stream just in case...

I'm still not totally convinced anything's going to happen but that won't stop me being all :hyper: next Tuesday & checking out the live stream just in case...

I'm with you. Is there a site where we can view the live stream or is it too early to know at the moment?

New Billboard article, now with an Interscope statement. Billboard has surely come a long way from infamously claiming that there won't be new U2 music in 2014 to this:

U2 Not Launching a New iPhone, But A New Album? | Billboard

For me, the most promising news is the Terry Lawless message posted earlier in this thread. It means that there are indeed live shows coming up.

As Interscope chairman John Janick recently told Billboard in its Fall Album Preview, “We hope to have it out some time this year, and to have [the music] shortly.”

Isnt this an old quote from a few weeks ago??

Also is that picture on the billboard article a new picture?

Wasn't this Fisher guy confirmed to be another of these Nick66's fictional characters like that Rush thing he keeps talking about :wink:?

Whatever it's really annoying to see always the same person giving attention to what is obviously only an attention-whore especially when there are much more interesting things to talk about and to read (thank you all for that) and many posts to catch up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom