LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After all of the info we have received over the past 2 weeks, here is what Cosmo thinks will happen:

U2 will not pre-load their album on the iphone 6. Why?, because they are not in the business of giving away their music for free(single here or there but not an album).

U2 will not give away a single, not a lead single from an album 5 years in the making.

What I think is that U2s new single will be the song in the Iphone6/iwatch/Beats ad! Julian Lennon said they were shooting an ad for Apple, so this fits. we know that there was some sort of video being shot in Dublin but no U2 spotted and some actor was holding a phone(iphone) and had what appear to be Beats headphones on....ad???

This is the win/win angle that people cant find in the pre-loaded iphone scenario (in that scenario U2 gives away music for free?and does Apple really need U2 to sell their iphone?? ). BUT.....advertising is HUGE business and companies are always looking for music to hitch to their products (how many companies would love to have real hit songs hitched to their products vs generic jingles). So, Apple wins by getting what is presumably a hit U2 song that will be in peoples heads and they will think of the Iphone/iwatch/Beats and U2 gets free advertising of their new single through the holiday season.

Win...win!

Now its a thin line to walk for U2(or any artist) in that you really need to hitch your song to a product that involves music (see iPod), so I think it will involve Beats in some way.

And before people say "U2 is too old to make hits, the best they can hope for is Adult Contemporary or blah, blah", Beautiful Day and Vertigo were both hits and yes, Vertigo was 10 years ago but in the past 10 years they release only one album and the lead single was a Vertigo re-write(that was for Mikal).

Bottom line.....New U2 song will be featured in the new Apple Beats/iphone 6 ad that will run through the holidays. simultaneously, U2 will release the song to radio and a proper video will also be release....all on 9/9.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Have to agree with you Cosmo. This seems like the most likely scenario if U2 are to have any association with the iphone/iwatch/beats.

And I think it is also the best Scenario. This way they are not giving away free music it is simply great advertising.

Hope this is true!

And if it is true it would be U2's first single off the album and it must be worthy to be a 'hit' surely if your using it for a apple ad.

And before people say "U2 is too old to make hits, the best they can hope for is Adult Contemporary or blah, blah", Beautiful Day and Vertigo were both hits and yes, Vertigo was 10 years ago but in the past 10 years they release only one album and the lead single was a Vertigo re-write(that was for Mikal).

I agree with this especially. Whether U2 have a hit single left in them is a very legitimate question. Whether U2 could possibly have a hit single is not much of a question. Huge companies are primed to pour money and publicity into a hit U2 single; if they have another Beautiful Day in them, that song will be everywhere and will be huge.

Interference malaise leaves some of us sounding like U2 could release something with Beautiful Day sparkle and WOWY yearning, plus a glaze of slick DM 'Crazy' style production, and nobody would notice.

If a hit is out there, it will be a hit.

In other news, U2's publicity team shot me down for an interview today, again. Just like they have for 10 years straight. But I swear on the mortal soul of Interference I would have asked them if they were coming to Cupertino.

I didn't "expose" anyone. And I'm not breaking any kind of confidence by saying what I know. And the only reason I brought it up now is because other people here keep bringing up the guy and attacking him, and I was responding to that.

Well, I don't know why he posts there. But he actually posts relatively rarely, it's just that when he does post it gets outsized attention. And I don't think he ever claimed to be friends with them, or in their inner circle as a friend. And certainly no longer.

But here's an idea Mrs. Garrison, you seem like a thoughtful, intelligent person...why not go over there and just ask him? All the guy has gotten from here has been personal attacks and ridicule (not saying you're doing this). If anyone has questions, for crying out loud just talk to him like a person.

Thanks for this. But really, he hasn't come and claimed any kind of insider info on this record...he's been upfront when he thinks he knows something and when he's speculating. But you know what...your point about people abusing the trust of U2 fans on these sites is well taken. And I'd rather have someone just come out and say "This is what I know, this is what I don't" then cryptic hints, winks and nods, all while implying you know more than you're letting on. To me, that's trolling. Has Fisher done that? Has he said "Hey I know X, but I can't tell you?"

If someone came on a U2 site today or a Mac site tomorrow (and both are doing it) and said "This is the name of the single" or "this is the name of the record"...how refreshing would that be? But just implying you know something that's already out there being speculated on by the press? That's not genuine to me.

Anyway, yeah, I don't enjoy arguing about Fisher any more than anyone else, I don't think I've brought up Fisher debate since Diemen asked us not to in fact. So to the extent anyone believes anything I have to say on here, I'm convinced through checking it out myself (and based on what he says) the guy is genuine and not trolling. I know that others of @U2 in a position to know have done the same.

Anyway...yeah...Tuesday and hopefully all will be right with the world. :)

Nick66, you ask, "Has Fisher done that? Has he said 'Hey I know X, but I can't tell you?'"

Well, yes, Fisher has done that. He did that just today actually. Posted today by Fisher on page 10 of the following thread: Official Apple/U2 Info

"Telegram to Interference: I came out of the woodwork because I did not like the way they treated Paul McGuinness. It's as simple as that. Every word I've posted here has been kosher. The surprise for me is how little about U2 so many diehard fans appear to know, which is why they get so steamed up over stuff that is commonplace to the better informed. I'm the diehard fan to end them all, but if I laid it out here you'd just say I was a Walter Mitty making it up; so why would I do that?"

If he doesn't want to "lay it out here" for us, than why would he even tell us he has something to "lay out"? That's the aspect that turns many people off, I would say. At least give us something -- if it's true or not, it's entertaining at the very least. And right now, us U2 fans need some entertainment! But why tell us he knows things if he can't share these so called things?

Having a "hit" today is much different than having a hit 10-20-30 years ago.

Could U2 have a hit record? Absolutely.

Will U2 be cracking the US Billboard Top 10? Highly unlikely.

Those two things are not dependent upon each other anymore. You can have a "hit"... You can consider your output successful... without having a top 10 song.

Agreed. Wasn't even BD surprisingly low charting though? Thought I'd seen that somewhere.

Dr. Dre, on the other hand...

We just...don't really care anymore.

There are more important things like the iPhone 6. And U2. And the NFL.

Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

At least give us something -- if it's true or not, it's entertaining at the very least. And right now, us U2 fans need some entertainment! But why tell us he knows things if he can't share these so called things?

Slow Loris, come on man, what are you talking about? He gave a ton of stuff...and you saw how people here reacted to it. He said U2 was having money issues and people went ballistic with mockery. What he hasn't done is say he knows things about this record that he doesn't, that's what I'm referring to.

Look, I'm done arguing about Fisher. For a variety of reasons I'm convinced of his authenticity. Your mileage may vary. Right now, as far as present-day U2 goes, he's just speculating just like the rest of us, albeit I think with more perspective. And he can be wrong just like the rest of us. But I wanted to speak my peace about it because I think a lot of people are saying foolish things and making conclusions about him that I know aren't true.

Slow Loris, come on man, what are you talking about? He gave a ton of stuff...and you saw how people here reacted to it. What he hasn't done is say he knows things about this record that he doesn't, that's what I'm referring to.

Look, I'm done arguing about Fisher. For a variety of reasons I'm convinced of his authenticity. Your mileage may vary. Right now, as far as present-day U2 goes, he's just speculating just like the rest of us, albeit I think with more perspective. And he can be wrong just like the rest of us. But I wanted to speak my peace about it because I think a lot of people are saying foolish things and making conclusions about him that I know aren't true.

No you're not done. You're never done. That's the problem. Move on.

People are sick of reading this crap.

Mikal, I'm not the one who keeps bringing Fisher up. Except for responding to a comment someone directed to me about Fisher, I haven't mentioned him since Diemen asked us not to. Can you say the same? Pretty rich coming from someone who has made a hobby out of trolling both boards about Fisher.

Move on...perhaps another rewrite joke.

Can we get back to entertaining the Dr. Dre thing?

THERE was a juicy rumor.

I put it at no less likely than 50 to 1, given the likelihood that Bono hopes to bring racial healing to this country.

:reject:

Mikal, I'm not the one who keeps bringing Fisher up. Except for responding to a comment someone directed to me about Fisher, I haven't mentioned him since Diemen asked us not to. Can you say the same? Pretty rich coming from someone who has made a hobby out of trolling both boards about Fisher.

Move on. If you want to argue with me take it over pm.

Slow Loris, come on man, what are you talking about? He gave a ton of stuff...and you saw how people here reacted to it. He said U2 was having money issues and people went ballistic with mockery. What he hasn't done is say he knows things about this record that he doesn't, that's what I'm referring to.

Well, I don't doubt he has worked or been around the band at some point, but he gave a lot of stuff dressed up in nuance with a sort of "fill in the blank" approach…..nothing terribly concrete. And it seems he is quite miffed at U2 (Bono in particular) for some reason. But anything else on my part is pure speculation. Anyway, you asked for an instance where he said he knew something and didn't let on. I provided one from today, but it's no big deal. On with the new album discussion….

As was Vertigo, but Vertigo had an excuse... they didn't count downloads yet. If they did, Vertigo likely would have been a top 10 single, and possibly topped the charts.

Quite true.

BD did suffer from one item though - no physical CD in the U.S. Back then, those still counted towards the charts. As there was no single to buy, BD charted solely on air play.

Bacon wrapped hotdogs are an LA street food tradition. They are as delicious as they sound.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The sheer number of hot dog carts outside of FYF fest was mind-boggling. I was gonna buy one of those bacon dogs, but they wanted five dollars and I laughed my way to McDonald's.

:up:

Can we get back to entertaining the Dr. Dre thing?

THERE was a juicy rumor.

I put it at no less likely than 50 to 1, given the likelihood that Bono hopes to bring racial healing to this country.

:reject:

sure.. here's the latest from Paulson. Probably BS, but you gotta appreciate the effort!

The single is entitled "Proof". One more for the road:
"Peddlers of dreams and hopes and fears
Chasers of a bliss that elicits tears

Fate made and warmth did provide

A nourishment for our souls to survive"

I haven't posted this anywhere else. I posted it here because I was chatting with my best friend who is a big U2 fan and I was giving him all the info of what has happened over the last few days. He said he reads this site and I should "share" the info. So I shared a decent amount of it. Edge is really good in this song. There are some "electronic" beats but there is a SUPER catchy guitar riff by Edge. He also does some acoustic guitar in the song. I also saw some backdrops that they are getting ready - one is of Bono in front of the group who are leaning against something that looks like some sort of concrete pillar. They closed the door when I was walking by so I didn't get a perfect look.

U2 does not "rap" in the single. I haven't heard any of the other songs (4) that they will perform on Tues. And, finally - boom - we now have to sign NDAs so I can't post any more info. From what I've learned today, all U2 fans (and Apple fans) are in for a real treat next week.

But to all on this site, I'm glad I had the chance to get you some info. All of you, like my best friend, have been waiting for quite some time for new stuff from U2, and I truly, truly think you will really enjoy what's coming. And the whole Dr. Dre thing - it's been integrated very well, it doesn't come across as cheesy and contrived - it is very well done.
Good luck to all, and your wait will soon be over! Have a great rest of the week and weekend, and enjoy Tuesday! It is going to be a pretty big production.

sure.. here's the latest from Paulson. Probably BS, but you gotta appreciate the effort!

This guy is so full of shit...

People who work for big agencies don't sign non disclosures for individual events. They sign non disclosures when they take the fucking job.

I work for an institution that has many big name celebrities and politicians who come to speak or perform, including at one point Bono and Edge. I don't even work for that part of the institution, but I know full well that if I so learn something about an upcoming, unannounced speaker, and I share this information publicly, I can, and depending on the scenario, WILL be fired.

So again... There's only two ways somebody who works for a giant agency spills the beans so blatantly like this...

1) they're an idiot who doesn't care and or realize that they'll be fired

2) they're full of shit

Thanks, Registered Dude.

I think that stuff's more entertaining than the 'juicy U2 tensions of the past' angle. There's the added fun of being able to imagine it's just possible we'll see it come true, and of imagining what Xxxplosive+MOS might sound like.

BIG DRUMS:drool:

This guy is so full of shit...

People who work for big agencies don't sign non disclosures for individual events. They sign non disclosures when they take the fucking job.

I work for an institution that has many big name celebrities and politicians who come to speak or perform, including at one point Bono and Edge. I don't even work for that part of the institution, but I know full well that if I so learn something about an upcoming, unannounced speaker, and I share this information publicly, I can, and depending on the scenario, WILL be fired.

So again... There's only two ways somebody who works for a giant agency spills the beans so blatantly like this...

1) they're an idiot who doesn't care and or realize that they'll be fired

2) they're full of shit

Exactly. I workflows for a major financial institution so I definitely understand the strict privacy policies. Pretty much immediate removal of employees that cross the line even if unintentional.

Move on. If you want to argue with me take it over pm.

There's only one way to solve this:

WHAT DOES THE PROMO MATERlAL SAY??1!!1!?

or, Amazon?

#notremastered

Sent from my ass crack

I just felt a disturbance in the force, almost like a million dead horses were beaten over and over and over again.

It's time to drop this from all angles. The lengthy defenses, the pointing fingers, the sideline sniping... all of it.

Stop rehashing old, tired arguments. Stop rehashing and perpetuating old, tired feuds. Be the bigger person. Move along. Let it go.

I just felt a disturbance in the force, almost like a million dead horses were beaten over and over and over again.

It's time to drop this from all angles. The lengthy defenses, the pointing fingers, the sideline sniping... all of it.

Stop rehashing old, tired arguments. Stop rehashing and perpetuating old, tired feuds. Be the bigger person. Move along. Let it go.

May the force be strong with you kind sir.

PS. Completely agree. 100%. Glad you stepped in. :up:

Exactly. I workflows for a major financial institution so I definitely understand the strict privacy policies. Pretty much immediate removal of employees that cross the line even if unintentional.

My NDA says I can be sued for upwards of $50,000 as well as fired.

Only an idiot would post that info.

Still, I want all that was written to be true.

Sent from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom