LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. It's all office buildings and no late night hotdogs wrapped in bacon or craft beer.

Oh wow. My hood is more trendy than that. Poor Cupertino.

Then again

Cupertino /ˌkuːpərˈtiːnoʊ/ is a city in Santa Clara County, California in the United States, directly west of San Jose on the western edge of the Santa Clara Valley with portions extending into the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains. An affluent city, Cupertino is the 11th wealthiest city with a population over 50,000 in the United States with an estimated per-capita income of $51,965 and a median household income exceeding $160,000. The population was 58,302 at the 2010 census.[8] Forbes ranked it as one of the most educated small towns. It is perhaps best known as being the home town of Apple Inc.'s corporate headquarters.

Money's Best Places to Live, America's best small towns, ranked Cupertino as #27 in 2012,[9] the 2nd highest in California. It was also named as the 7th happiest suburb in the United States, ranking highly in the Income, Safety, Marriage, and Education categories.[10]

So there's someone over at the Mac Rumors forum who says he works in Cupertino claiming to have "insider" information that the Tuesday story is legit.

Funny how all these people who supposedly have "insider" information only talk about it publicly after it's been reported all over the media, as this has been for the past several days. I think as we get closer to Tuesday we'll see a lot more information come out on this, and the challenge will be sorting what's legit and what's not. At least this guy claiming the Dr. Dre thing is saying something no one else has. At this point if all you're doing is repeating what's already been reported and speculated on in the press, you probably don't know sh*t.

Forgot About him, apparently.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.gif

So there's someone over at the Mac Rumors forum who says he works in Cupertino claiming to have "insider" information that the Tuesday story is legit.

Funny how all these people who supposedly have "insider" information only talk about it publicly after it's been reported all over the media, as this has been for the past several days. I think as we get closer to Tuesday we'll see a lot more information come out on this, and the challenge will be sorting what's legit and what's not. At least this guy claiming the Dr. Dre thing is saying something no one else has. At this point if all you're doing is repeating what's already been reported and speculated on in the press, you probably don't know sh*t.

...says the guy who defends Fisher every chance he gets.

...says the guy who defends Fisher every chance he gets.

Fisher never claimed any insider information on this record, including the video shoot.

I'm specifically referring to people claiming that insiders are telling them what's widely been speculated and reported on in the press already. If someone comes along at a U2 or Mac Forum and tells us something new...e.g. this is the name of the single, this is what they'll perform, this is when, etc...something with specificity that hasn't been reported, then I'll listen. Absent that, it should be someone we know has a history with the band. Until then, it's just the internet being the internet.

I think they come out of the woodwork when things are announced because they get flamed and targeted if they say things first.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think they come out of the woodwork when things are announced because they get flamed and targeted if they say things first.

Or they merely discuss specifics and details amongst those they trust privately, and keep it as generic as possible in public.

You have to almost feel incredibly sorry for that certain person now though, he really doesn't have much left except that one trick :lol:

Fisher never claimed any insider information on this record, including the video shoot.

I'm specifically referring to people claiming that insiders are telling them what's widely been speculated and reported on in the press already. If someone comes along at a U2 or Mac Forum and tells us something new...e.g. this is the name of the single, this is what they'll perform, this is when, etc...something with specificity that hasn't been reported, then I'll listen. Absent that, it should be someone we know has a history with the band. Until then, it's just the internet being the internet.

So if I were to tell you that my friends over in the Bay heard that OneRepublic and U2 were teaming up, you'd believe me, because it's a rumor we haven't heard before, but has some credence, because Tedder is the lead singer of the latter?

He takes known information and pieces it together as a scoop.

How you still don't see this, I do not know. But whatever. Keep fuckin' that chicken

Well, I think he's made that clear, he said he has a history with U2...he's never said he has some kind of insider line with regards to this record. If he has, can you give me an example.

Really, wasn't going to say this here, but for the record I have learned who he is, and he does have a history with the band as a professional journalist, including spending time with them. But not any time recently AFAIK. But they do know who he is. And at least one of the guys who run @U2 has confirmed this as well. I don't want to overstate is, I don't think he has any access to them at all anymore, but I guess he still may know people in the circle, I don't know. As far as I can see at this point he's just putting pieces together like everyone else, but perhaps with a bit more perspective. Anyway, take that or leave it, believe me or not, up to you Headache. I really don't care.

Well, if the sources are good, there's nothing to worry about, right? Anyone claiming insider information, unless they have a proven history with the band, can only be judged on the quality of their information, right? If they have a track record of providing good information, then their source is probably good...if not, then it's probably bad. How else can you judge it?

So if I were to tell you that my friends over in the Bay heard that OneRepublic and U2 were teaming up, you'd believe me, because it's a rumor we haven't heard before, but has some credence, because Tedder is the lead singer of the latter?

Not at all...I'd think you were full of sh*t. But at least you'd be saying something publicly that hasn't been reported that could be proven, or disproven, with time. Then we'd know. But if all you're doing is repeating what's already out there, how in the world would we know if you're legit?

Well, I think he's made that clear, he said he has a history with U2...he's never said he has some kind of insider line with regards to this record. If he has, can you give me an example.

Really, wasn't going to say this here, but for the record I have learned who he is, and he does have a history with the band as a professional journalist, including spending time with them. But not any time recently AFAIK. But they do know who he is. And at least one of the guys who run @U2 has confirmed this as well. I don't want to overstate is, I don't think he has any access to them at all anymore, but I guess he still may know people in the circle, I don't know. As far as I can see at this point he's just putting pieces together like everyone else, but perhaps with a bit more perspective. Anyway, take that or leave it, believe me or not, up to you Headache. I really don't care.

Well, if the sources are good, there's nothing to worry about, right? Anyone claiming insider information, unless they have a proven history with the band, can only be judged on the quality of their information, right? If they have a track record of providing good information, then their source is probably good...if not, then it's probably bad. How else can you judge it?

You assume that everyone who posts on this site is blessed with rational thought, reasonable behaviour, and the ability to make sense of potentially exciting information when their emotions take over.

You assume that everyone who posts on this site is blessed with rational thought, reasonable behaviour, and the ability to make sense of potentially exciting information when their emotions take over.

Well perhaps you're right about that. :)

Sent from my prototype iPhone 6 ™2014 Apple Inc.

Apple just launched a countdown for their presentation. The websites are saying that the company launched the countdown way earlier the previous one and with this kind of countdown.

Also, it says:

"Live video from our special event will be right here.

And so will whole lot more"

Well, I'm more than you see.. I'm more than you know... :wink:

Yea this is exactly how I feel.

As someone who's spent a lot of his adult life amongst the U2 fan web community, via developing my own site, or becoming life long friends with those who run other sites, tribute bands, etc etc etc... I am offended when somebody takes advantage of the fan base, because it belittles those who work so hard to provide a good service to all of us.

So frankly, I really hope that you're right about Fisher, Nick. I do. But I just see yet another troll who gets his or her jollies off from misleading a very emotional fan base.

The issue is dropped as far as I'm concerned, and I'll take you at your word that he isn't trolling... but I've known of people who were once "in the know" who became out of the know, but felt the need to continue to lead people on as if they were. They're pathetic. I hope for his sake and yours that he/she is not that person.

Chicken fucked, horse beaten, issue over.

It's awesome to see how people on iWebsites are thrilled to see the next iPhone and are completely sure that the "one more thing" will be the SmartWatch. And we're waiting for U2 (or Bono) to appear between everything with a new song

Not disputing what you are saying at all, but im curious about something, if this person really is a journalist who spent a lot of time with the band, what does he have to gain by going to one of the band's fansites and stirring people up? Does he expect special treatment for having been in their company?

Again not trying to knock you or him, or not trying to imply that you are him, or whatever. I just wonder....

If i were famous, or friends of someone famous, or in their inner circle during a period of intense creativity, im not sure i would make that public at their fansite. Most likely i would just try to distance myself from that type of behavior, perhaps write crazy stories or something, maybe hang out in the alley with the rejects and blow smoke bubbles out of my ass or something.

These situations lead people who have genuine information to actively not share, because why would you when people don't trust because of all the previous burns with trolls.

Bottom line: new music next week, either single, album, performance, whatever. The info we have, from the sources we have it from is solid. I am comforted by the Apple link, because it means that less than a week out, they are in it waaaay too deep to pull out now. This is happening. Get excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom