LP 13/Invisible: Please return, there's stuff to see!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point you just get fed up with it, no?

The band has "lots and lots of songs" compiled - apparently not enough to put an album out in a timely manner.

We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down." - Ha, too late.

If "Invisble" is a dud, this "sneak preview to remind people we excist" is going to backfire.

I am starting to get a bit scared now. (The higher the expectations, the bigger the chance of failure)

Has anyone else found that, while a new U2 song coming out in a few days is exciting, the fact that there may not be an album for a while sort of dampens the effect a bit?

:up: seriously, they should have kept B-man gagged for a little longer :D

Has anyone else found that, while a new U2 song coming out in a few days is exciting, the fact that there may not be an album for a while sort of dampens the effect a bit?

To quote Bono himself : "Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?"

It is kind of bittersweet.
On the one hand - I'm feeling happy about a new song in 64 hours.
On the other hand - it's like "Hey, let's throw this bone out there, that'll keep them busy, while we take even more time to tinker with the album" - I don't really like the thought of that. :barf:

I so so hope Bono is lying.
And that the album will come soon.
But I'm not too confident about it after reading these articles from USA today.

Well, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I accused those saying June or beyond of not using logic, but now I'll turn those same accusations towards the band.

I'm still excited about the song but my expectations are very low for the album now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Anyone remember when this album was coming out in 2011 with "lots of hits"? Laughable.
Whatever they were working on back then must have been scrapped and all the songs we'll (eventually) get would have been born last year.

I wanted April.

I expected June.

I decided I would hate the band forever if October.

Then all of this stuff happened and I thought, "Surely...surely they're not this stupid." Who releases a "teaser" track without an album to follow, let alone not even be finished!

I wanted April.

I expected June.

I decided I would hate the band forever if October.

Then all of this stuff happened and I thought, "Surely...surely they're not this stupid." Who releases a "teaser" track without an album to follow, let alone not even be finished!

This is u2.
We should have know better.

Never give up hope though.
:sigh:

From the usa today article:
" "There are some very different moods, and some extraordinary guitar stuff out of Edge," with modern-rock and R&B savant Danger Mouse producing "most of" the album — though the group "might experiment with some new people" in the final stages, Bono says." "

:|:crack:
Wow...just...wow.

This album is likely to clash with Coldplay's newest, which is due somewhere between May and September. So of course, they will try to avoid that... lol

Here, let me help you with that:

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

Has a link to this article been posted yet? (Sorry, haven't read back in the previous thread yet).

'Invisible' will debut during Super Bowl, then help raise funds for fight against AIDS

"We're taking all the energy around the Super Bowl and interest in what U2's doing and flipping it," Bono explains, "into the fight against HIV AIDS."

Invisible is not, U2's frontman notes, the first official single from the group's long-awaited new album, expected later this year. "We have another song we're excited about to kick off the album," he says. "This is just sort of a sneak preview — to remind people we exist."

The track was chosen because "it's the first one we finished," Bono says, chuckling. The band has "lots and lots of songs" compiled, he adds, but will continue to work on the album "for a couple of months. We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down."

I think this is consistent with what Bono said a few months ago when asked about the album. He stated that he hoped the new album would be out in 2014. Finished in the summer usually means released to the fans in the fall. The tour will probably start spring/summer 2015. Maybe. We'll see.

In noting the questionable business sense of captivating a massive audience without providing anything remotely definite on album/tour dates, I get the feeling that the band committed to a commercial some time ago with the expectation that they would have an album to follow in short order. The album drifted, but the commitment stood.

Also, for all intents and purposes, "Invisible" is the lead single. It's the first song actually released, and it will handily receive the most attention of any song on the album (and influence the most opinions), lest the band find another pseudo-captive audience of millions to hear the "official" lead single.

I'm just tired of this shit. Don't even care about Invisible anymore.

Even if you're fucking Bono, how do you not get fucking annoyed at yourself for promising an album for 3-4 years and pulling the date back every single time you talk about it?

In noting the questionable business sense of captivating a massive audience without providing anything remotely definite on album/tour dates, I get the feeling that the band committed to a commercial some time ago with the expectation that they would have an album to follow in short order. The album drifted, but the commitment stood.

Also, for all intents and purposes, "Invisible" is the lead single. It's the first song actually released, and it will handily receive the most attention of any song on the album (and influence the most opinions), lest the band find another pseudo-captive audience of millions to hear the "official" lead single.

Good theory. A commercial is not much of a risk compared to booking a full stadium tour before the album is ready.

I can't reconcile my feelings! All this exciting, progressive promotional stuff from the guys like trailers, vibes, news on the website, etcetera - yet it's still the same old shit.

They should consider retiring. :up: It will put everyone out of their misery at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom