Lovetown performances of Pride

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
Hi everyone. I have only seen clips of a couple Lovetown performances of Pride (cant get a full version) but have accessed, mostly on youtube, plenty of lovetown streets, desire, all i want is you, with or without you, bad, the list goes on. I am wondering about two things:

1.)How were they, generally? I know Bono's voice was very good on the tour, but he had his blowouts and 'off nights' as it was wearing on him. It was a transition point between the faster 1980s Pride versions and the future Zoo, Pop, et al performances of Pride in a more scaled down version. Was it closer to Joshua Tree performances, or closer to Zoo TV?

2.)This may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have such a performance that they may be willing to share? Preferably, one that will play in windows media player?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you everyone.

U2387 said:

1.)How were they, generally? I know Bono's voice was very good on the tour, but he had his blowouts and 'off nights' as it was wearing on him. It was a transition point between the faster 1980s Pride versions and the future Zoo, Pop, et al performances of Pride in a more scaled down version. Was it closer to Joshua Tree performances, or closer to Zoo TV?

The versions from the LT tour of that song was more slow and Bono didnt even scream the chours like he did on the JT tour. Strange because most of the song did have powerful screams on that tour. The chours was even better on ZooTV. The only tour Pride was good was on Uf, COH and Vertigo. Where he had so much more power in the chours.

on every LT version of Pride I hear only crowd screaming over Bono so I can't even recognise his singing. But I think it was weaker that on JT and UF but better than Zoo TV

actually on zootv especially in 93 you can start to hear his voice degrade to a more popmartish voice - especially in the chorus.

Back
Top Bottom