Love, Peace Or Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Habib

Acrobat
Although rocking i can't see it opening the tour. if you look at the last 3 tours openers have been fast songs like mofo, elevation and zoo station.

i can see this being played live but not as an opener.

It would be cool if u2 did a setlist consisting of only album tracks and b-sides ( no singles ). that should get the crowd rocking.

i want to know how the next what the stage set should be.

Love And Peace Or Else is the weakest track off the album. It hasn't been played live to date and probably won't make the cut for the tour.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Love And Peace Or Else is the weakest track off the album. It hasn't been played live to date and probably won't make the cut for the tour.

Cheers,

J

What does it mean when Jick makes sense to me? :lol:

Isn't it a bit obvious from the results that SYCMIOYO is going to win?

Just wondering why we're still goin', s'all...

-Miggy D

Miggy D said:
Isn't it a bit obvious from the results that SYCMIOYO is going to win?

Just wondering why we're still goin', s'all...

-Miggy D

Speaking of dropping acid....?

I have to say that LAPOE is a great song. It has an awesome groove to it and it is different for U2. I feel the weakest song has to be Crumbs from your table or One Step Closer.

How can you think this song is not rocking? It's one of the BEST songs on the album (IMHO) and HAS to be the tour opener.

The way the song snakes around is amazing and the guitar breaking out at the end would be awesome live.

This song will go nowhere and probably won't even get to be played live. It is U2 at their worst Depeche Mode impersonation.

Cheers,

J

Aardvark747 said:

...oh dear. That's a horrible comparison to make:madspit:

Try listening to Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus and you'll know what I mean with U2 and their "copying".

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Cheers,

J

I agree with you 100%. It is impossible that this song will be played live - just like Bullet and The Fly were never played live. It's just isn't for live performances - rocking as it is.

WHAT - every indie rock snob magazine thats reviewed this thinks thats the best song on the record. - Most major reviews exalt that song - and me I think its billions times better then crumbs amongst other tracks.....

you are wrong (lol - I love saying that) - have an opinion just know its wrong.

Should be interesting live, especially that bursting solo at the end.

As for opening the tour, I think Vertigo can do that.

I think it's the one they'll open the first encore with. Come back from the break with that low rumbling ...:combust:

I hope they do play it live, though I love the song the way it is now, I do think playing the song live could improve upon it even more.

deltau922 said:
I think it's the one they'll open the first encore with. Come back from the break with that low rumbling ...:combust:

That low rumbling sound at the begining is exactly what makes me think this song will be a great opener.

Last edited:
I hope they play it, i couldn't stand through Crumbs..................

I just hope they don't open with "Vertigo." Having the same song as your first single, album opener, and tour opener is a bit much.

And I love "Love or Peace or Else." I also think people need to stop stating their opinions as divine truth. We need some release, release, RELEASERELEASE--

Last edited:
I think everyone had better own up to the fact that they're gonna open with Vertigo. It's a tailor-made as an opener--it's an up-tempo rockin song, plus the "uno dos tres catorce" and "the lights go down it's dark" etc just scream show opener.

What else would they open with? Perhaps All Because of You, but I hope not--I don't think that works as an opener, I don't think it has the right feel. but that's me.

Back
Top Bottom