Love is Blindness Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
When was this made? was it sort of an after the fact thing.. was it ever played on TV? i just ask because it wound up on the video single of Numb which was obviously from Zooropa.

Really cool video though.

The video for Love is Blindness is just incredible and spooky. I think it ranks among their best. It is often overlooked because it was never on TV and only appeared on the Numb video single. I always wondered by it was left off the Achtung Baby video collection tape along with WGRYWH.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

I don't know, but that whole Bono-n-Edge smooching thing had me about falling out of my chair, oh MAMA! I love the video, it seems so otherworldly....love the sparkly things hanging over Bono at the beginning...

Originally posted by SkeeK:
When was this made?

Really cool video though.

Originally posted by follower:
Never saw it...I don't have the Numb video single. Does anybody know where this Love is Blindness video can be found online?

Or does anybody have any video stills? I asked about this on PLEBA too. I want to see it!

I was able to download the video from Morpheus so it's out there...and it's an incredible video! I love the part after the kiss when Edge reels back and launches into that heart-wrenching solo...

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Well, Morpheus failed me, but through Google (the best search engine EVER), I found the video on the web. Download it here:
http://www.schioppo.com/video/loveisblindness.zip

Unzip... file is in RealVideo. Zoom to double-size for better viewing.

I love watching new U2 videos! Well, it's new to me at least... and this one is pretty dope.

-b

------------------
Midnight is where the day begins....

Was the video aired during the U2 Video Timeslide?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
Was the video aired during the U2 Video Timeslide?

Unfortunately, no. There were videos from actual singles that weren't shown (see: The Fly, Please, Staring at the Sun, Last Night on Earth), so there wasn't much hope for this one, excellent though it may be.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Unfortunately, no. There were videos from actual singles that weren't shown (see: The Fly, Please, Staring at the Sun, Last Night on Earth), so there wasn't much hope for this one, excellent though it may be.

Yeah I finally got to see the U2 video time slide today, started from Unforgettable Fire until the end.

Sucks they left those out, but I have them on tape somewhere from when MTV did the U2 a-z special.

I think it was great to finally get to see God Part 2.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by btdavis:
Well, Morpheus failed me, but through Google (the best search engine EVER), I found the video on the web.

A big thank you for you
smile.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 01-19-2002).]

The funny thing is: Most of the shots from Zoo TV that are included in the music video are during the rather "fast" parts of the concert. Such as "zoo station" and "desire". But the director slowed the footage down and makes it seem almost very haunting and gothic.

So in fact, I think the video fits the Zoo TV/Zooropa theme very well - taking fast footage and reversing it and making it into something new.

The beginning of the video is just amazing. Also when they show the shot of The Fly walking (slow-motion) and smoking a cigarette.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

I'm hosting a high-quality mpeg of this video on Morpheus now, for those with a faster connection. Hopefully it will come up if you do a video file search.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom