Love Comes Tumbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeloo

War Child
I never heard this song before, and I love it! What a beautiful tune and words! It's now in my top 10 for sure. Does anybody else love this song? Also does anybody think the recording on WAIA sounds more like older Bono's voice than the rest of the stuff from the UF era? Oh, and what was this song, a single b side, and to what?

Yeah, I adore Love Comes Tumbling. I love the feel of the song, it's romantic but in a really dark, desperate way.

I love this song too - it's always been one of my favorites. I believe I initially found it on Wide Awake in America. Could be wrong, though...

Love Comes Tumling was an album outtake in 1984, it was included along with Three Sunrises as studio tracks on the WAIA ep, mainly due to the fact they didn't really fit into the UF album, but the band and management wanted these quality tunes out there...so there you go...

Love Comes Tumbling is sorta like Until the End of the World in comparison mainly due to the fact it shows each members contribution in a balanced way. It's just one of those solid U2 songs with a great melody and vocal delivery. Bono definately sounds relaxed and more confident/controlled as a singer here.

Leeloo good to bring this one up again! I'm gonna put it on right now...

This is probably my favourite 'era' of U2s music, I just love the ambient and atmospheric sound of the unforgettable fire era. Love comes tumbling is a great song, very moody with a brooding kind of feel to it. My personal fave (and it is definetley in my top ten U2 songs) is the three sunrises- I love the harmonies and guitar in this song, great, great, great music from those days. Eno certainly made his presence felt in those days:)

Absolutely love the song too. I feel that the song Slug on the Passengers album is kind of like the 90s equivalent to Love Comes Tumbling. What does everyone else think of the similarity?

i just recently said to someone how much i love this lyric...

and so i say that
all roads lead to where you are

Great song, but it can't compete with The Three Sunrises.

Agreed. Three Sunrises just beats it.

I absolutley love Love comes Tumbling though. Great track...first found it on Best of 80-90's B-sides disc, but it was on the Unforgettable Fire Double 7"/12" to the best of my knowledge.

I have to agree that the Three Sunrises is an amazing song, but what about both the Boomerangs???? I really love the instrumental one, even though there is no Bono, it is a great song, I just love the music from this era:)

Last edited:
Give me Love Comes Tumbling over The Three Sunrises, anyday of the week, even Monday morning, when I'm usually malleable and pissy.

I like Loves Comes Tumbling over Three Sunrises too, but it's a close call! Also love "the Boomerangs" - haven't played those in a while - need to do that! thanks for the reminder

I love it and Three Sunrises. They deserve more attention than they get. Awesome songs, and I loved that era too.

Remarkable quality for B-sides. Hard to imagine they never made it onto the album. It's especially strange since The Three Sunrises figured so prominently in the Unforgettable Fire documentary. Wonder why they dropped it?

More good lines:

"find yourself in someone else, don't find yourself in me"

"love don't need to find a way, you'll find your own way"

biff said:
Remarkable quality for B-sides. Hard to imagine they never made it onto the album. It's especially strange since The Three Sunrises figured so prominently in the Unforgettable Fire documentary. Wonder why they dropped it?

what is this doco that you are talking about???? I have seen the making of the UF doco, but I dont remember The Three Sunrises being in it, but then again it has been awhile since I saw that:)

Back
Top Bottom