Love And Peace reminds me of….

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
Reviewers have described it as a “roadhouse blues” type of song. What other kind of blues-rock songs would go well with Love And Peace?

Well in my opinion there is nothing "bluesy" about LAPOE its more like a hard rock song. Bluesy is something I image led zeppelin would do, but thats just me.

I think the 'where is the looooove' part is very Beatle-60's like.

I think it's definitely bluesy, but post modern. Before I even hear the song it was described as Led Zeppelin meets Nine Inch Nails. That might be too neat of a tag, but the riff is familiar in that way, and Larry's defintely a John Bonham fan.

Also, Miami was pretty out there and still paid homage to Zeppelin's When the Levee Breaks on the drums in the second half of the song.

laz

I love the main guitar riff -- just wish the solo had been a bit bluesier and more complex to fit the song.

Changing directions COMPLETELY here, :lol: .... I get a definate Depeche Mode vibe from Love & Peace -- a la "My Own Personal Jesus".
If forced to tie it to the "classics", though, I guess I'd have to agree more with the Beatles reference than any other. :shrug:

Love and Peace reminds me of U2's Love and Peace, just the way it should be. Depeche Mode was a band that was innovative at one time but they have become very stagnent these days especially with their last album Exciter one of the worst musical pieces I heard in a long time...Didnt think Depeche Mode was capable of something so terrible but apparently they are.

I have to admit, the beginning of the song freaked me out the first time I heard it. When I mean freak, I mean dark, scary, evil. It felt like the devil was in that song. It just really scares me.

LAPOE reminds me of 'Exit' and Zooropa's love child that was concieved on the Lovetown Tour, and raised on Zeppelin and Soft Cell's 'Tainted Love', all old school like that :)

mofo82 said:
LAPOE reminds me of 'Exit' and Zooropa's love child that was concieved on the Lovetown Tour, and raised on Zeppelin and Soft Cell's 'Tainted Love', all old school like that :)

Ya know something? your're right! That description is spot on!

Back
Top Bottom