Love and Peace or Else vs. Whole Lotta Love.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my God...Tangerine is such an :drool: -worthy song. I'd have to pick that over Lemon.:)

The only [vinyl] album I ever bought by Zep was 'Houses of the Holy' for Kashmir & Ramble On.......

As for WLL :yuck: gak. Overblown, badly chugging, mostly boring,
with Plant often whining away......which is usually how I viewd LZ anyway....just like.....a lead zeppilin.

Thier other musical compatriots The 'Oo- I enjoyed their R&B covers much more .
The Who while being highly energetic & powerful, with sometimes cool roughness often had a counterpoint lightness & very powerful lyricalness in their music that could be a clear sweetness/or transcendence that wasn't cloying and made them soar far beyond what Zep could ever hope to achieve.

and Zep I think was maybe even more sexist than The Rolling Stones [and sometimes esp early Who was no better] whose music I much preferred.

do I have an opinion or what ?:wink:

LAPOE? :applaud: :applaud: :dance: :dance: :dance:

what a simmering, rumbling burner that turns into an explosion! Woooo, what a song!!!

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
The only [vinyl] album I ever bought by Zep was 'Houses of the Holy' for Kashmir & Ramble On.......

Lucky you - I had to wait until the greatest album ever made to get Kashmir, but lucky me I got Ramble on with LZII

:rockon:

dazzledbylight said:

Neither song is on Houses of the Holy.

Are you having a laugh?

Go watch the Knebworth performance on the dvd and tell me LAPOE is better?

Love and Peace or Else is a great piece of work (musically that is), but Whole Lotta Love absolutely KILLS it.

"Shake for me girl, I wanna be your backdoor man..." :rockon:

Whole Lotta Love is better, for now.
I have GREAT hopes for the live versions of Love and Peace.

Whole Lotta Love absolutely rocks! I think u2 shouldn't have made that track, it doesn't sound right to me--- i mean, i always skip the track, the lyrics is rather foolish

tilen said:
Whole Lotta Love absolutely rocks! I think u2 shouldn't have made that track, it doesn't sound right to me--- i mean, i always skip the track, the lyrics is rather foolish

Agree! :(
Whola Lotta Love is what LAPOE should be. Well, kind of...:huh: :wink:

djerdap said:
Whole Lotta Love is better, for now.
I have GREAT hopes for the live versions of Love and Peace.

The same here. I hope that L&P will be next Bullet (pretty doubtful, but I can wish) or HMTMKMKM...

RA-D said:
Are you having a laugh?

Go watch the Knebworth performance on the dvd and tell me LAPOE is better?

Love Page's grin a few bars into it, he turns in the direction of the camera, big grin across his face that to me says "yeah...we've still got it".

Also loved the way he totally re-did the mid-section.

Whole Lotta Love is the better song:rockon:

L&P or E is U2's homage to LZ, but you have to go with the original.

Bullet kills Whole Lotta Love by planting the demon seed, raising a flower on fire, and then burns the crosses see the flames higher and higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

P.S. Zeppelin do own

LeafsNation said:
U2 did a cool cover of Whole Lot Of Love leading into one of their songs at a concert. Anyone have a date on that?

I'd love to hear that someone here is bound to have it

Back
Top Bottom