Love and Peace or Else vs. Whole Lotta Love.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here you have the performance of Discotheque from Leeds where they added part of Whole Lotta Love. It's also my favourite version of Disco.

h t t p : //s34. you send it .com/d.aspx?id=28M80LSXPV4EZ1EXMPEZ8TIS8H

You mean you want to put a challenge between the mother of all riffs and a tune on the latest u2 album that even u2 fans are lukewarm about?

man, get some better song comparisons.....

dazzledbylight said:
The only [vinyl] album I ever bought by Zep was 'Houses of the Holy' for Kashmir & Ramble On.......

What the...?!

'Kashmir's on Physical Graffiti and 'Ramble On' is on Led Zeppelin II...?? What's with YOUR LP?!

blahblahblah said:

What the...?!

'Kashmir's on Physical Graffiti and 'Ramble On' is on Led Zeppelin II...?? What's with YOUR LP?!

I already copped to my error above....as to what LP it was, I'd have to go onto to a zep site and see the tracks....along with album cover. It' was a ways back. :lol:

and to repeat LAPOE is a fantastic simmering, burner of a song with flat out conflagation at the end. Love it!!! One of my 4 superfavs of HTDAAB.

Last edited:
whole lotta love , plants vocals are better than bano's on this song!

page has a kick arss solo:rockon:

lapoe has nothing!!!!!!!! where is the love (give me a
break):down:

I'm not even a very big Led Zeppelin fan, and I love HTDAAB, but come on, people. You're comparing a classic song demonstrating rock and roll at it's finest to a DECENT U2 song. There's no comparison.

Whole Lotta Love wins by far. :yes:

VertigoGal said:
I dunno...hate to sound like the narrow-minded fanatic (I'm not!), but I say LAPOE. Maybe it's blasphemy, but I just don't like Led Zeppelin with the exception of Stairway to Heaven. :huh:

that's funny, because that's one of their weakest songs imo.

well, defintiely overrated.

MiracleDruggie said:
:reject:

I like Love and Peace or Else...

I don't really care for Whole Lotta Love (now THERE's a song with goofy lyrics :tongue:)

So...
Screw you people!

:dance:

u stay in that box!

jks! :)

JOFO said:

that's funny, because that's one of their weakest songs imo.

now that's blasphemy:wink:
the song is epic and has an amazing solo by page, I think it is perfection but f it, its all about taste.

Even though still, if you dont like it i think you still cant call it one of their weaker songs. Bron-Yr-Aur-Stomp, not their best. Stairway, :up:

(i do think "Going back to California" on the same record was as strong as "Stairway" though).

Last edited:
what the f**c ????? :mad: :madspit:

Come on lads, all this 'defending U2 at all costs' is getting childish, really :(

So what´s next ? ...

"Sometimes You Can´t Make It" is better than "Stairway To Heaven" !!!!!:up: :shocked:

"Vertigo" is better than "Immigrant Song" !!!!! :applaud: :bow:

"All Because Of You" is better than "Kashmir" !!!!:lmao: :laugh:

Led Zeppelin were just garbage and U2 rocks, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah...

Please :silent:

I don't see why we're supposed to automatically pick "Whole Lotta Love" just because it's a cultural institution or because a whole bunch of people think it's a classic. You can be a lemming either way you know.

And incidentally, I could think of, oh, a thousand songs by artists other than U2 that are better than Love Peace or Else.

Saracene said:
I don't see why we're supposed to automatically pick "Whole Lotta Love" just because it's a cultural institution or because a whole bunch of people think it's a classic. You can be a lemming either way you know.

If you go for the automatic, at least people would think of your loss as unfortunate.

:sexywink:

Ponkine....

Maybe some people just *gasp* aren't into Led Zeppelin. Neither Vertigo nor ABOY are exactly classics, but I enjoy them more than Kashmir and Immigrant Song. I don't LIKE those songs. Maybe I will grow to like them, maybe I won't...

And I get that a lot from people who are more into LZ, that S2H is overrated and not their best, but for people that aren't really into most of their songs, it's still the best to us.:wink: Sort of a classic that doesn't require you being a fan of the band to appreciate. Like One...:drool: (that's for ponkine)

Back
Top Bottom