Love and Peace or Else is FUNKY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
I love this song.

I like it when U2 gets caustic as they did in parts of POP and Rattle.

This song better be done live as well as City of Blinding Lights, the younger cousin of Unforgettable Fire.

Paul.

This song MUST be a single, can you just imagine this blasting through car stereo's of all those non-U2 fans, with their heads nodding and their feet thumping!

Too good to not be played live too :bow:

I hope this song is the signpost to the future U2 sound..its really brilliant, especially the bit where the sound is all muffled and then explodes:)

I could see it kicking off the encore, their return to the stage signified by that low ominous rumbling. :eyebrow:

Love and Peace or Else is like someone crossed industrial rock with Stevie Wonder when he's got his funk on. It is not only unlike anything I have ever heard U2 do, it is unlike anything I have ever heard before, period. Needless to say, I love it! I just wish Bono would have added the words "or else" to the parts where he sings the "love and peace" line. Since "or else" is in the song title, I keep adding it mentally.

IMO, this song is the Wild Honey of the album. Not that the two share much in common, but rather it demonstrates a foray into a different groove that the band had not previously explored. WH was Van Morrison-ish, while LAPOE is very 1970's glam rock, as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom