Love And Peace Or Else.....f**king Brilliant !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
Hey! What's this? There are so many different views on LAPOE. That's funny... Maybe because it's so different to the rest of the album? Or something they haven't done before?

I think it's really really really great! I totally agree with GibsonGirl. It's amazing! Turn the volume up and play track 4. I'm sre thsi will be a highlight on their new tour!!!Like Bullet and Streets......

Ponkine said:

4- Love And Peace Or Else: What the hell is this ? is this U2 trying to make Pink Floyd´s Money or what ?. If that so, they shouldn´t have done those awesome and classic Gilmour´s guitars. A really filler song, the worst of the whole album. Skip the track, the song turns boring and boring. For the first time, Edge is wrong with his guitars, except on the middle "quiet" part. The only good thing is the ending, should have been longer and with a real guitar solo. Again, Bono´s voice should have sounded different. What a crap was the sound mixer !!.3/10

GibsonGirl said:

LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE (10/10) - This is undoubtably my second favourite on the album. It starts off with an industrial-sounding growl of what could either be a synthesizer or a guitar put through some heavy effects. It's basically Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop, rolled into one along with something completely unique. This song is a monster. The beat (which is heavily influenced by blues) is incredibly catchy. You'll find yourself bobbing your head along until the point where the song meets its bridge at about 3:30. There's some beautiful echoing guitar in this section, until it goes back to the industrial growl. There's an awesome build-up to a fantastic Edge solo, which ends the song. The best rocker on the album

phommel said:
GibsonGirl said:

LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE (10/10) - This is undoubtably my second favourite on the album. It starts off with an industrial-sounding growl of what could either be a synthesizer or a guitar put through some heavy effects. It's basically Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop, rolled into one along with something completely unique. This song is a monster. The beat (which is heavily influenced by blues) is incredibly catchy. You'll find yourself bobbing your head along until the point where the song meets its bridge at about 3:30. There's some beautiful echoing guitar in this section, until it goes back to the industrial growl. There's an awesome build-up to a fantastic Edge solo, which ends the song. The best rocker on the album

This i agree with

phommel said:
Ponkine said:

Ah, the two simple words that alert me Interference's ray of negativity has made a post and all I need to do is skip to the next post, much like Ponkine skips to a non-U2 CD.

I loved LAPOE so much that ive listened to it all the time and eventually.... got bored with this song!:wink:
I have to take a break of it ;)
But still think its one of the best on HTDAAB- different, original, somehow experimantal...

shaun vox said:
LAPOE fucking rocks people that dont like this song cant handle rockNroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaun, are you permanently stoned or what?
I need an interpreter to read your responses.

Holy shit, I spelled "undoubtedly" wrong. :reject:

I've really got to lay off the Baileys.

Oh, and yes - as you can tell, I adore the song. :wink: I think that maybe the reason why so many people have differing views on this song is because it sounds so different to the rest of the album.

I really like the song. It's just so different from all other U2 songs. At her first listen, my sister told me it was like a blues song...
The comparison of LAPOE and Bullet is interesting...

My favorite track of the album, I think -- a dirty boogie sound to it -- and really telling you how old I am (or hinting) the guitar has a "Duane Eddy" sound to it. Love it!

I think it's a great song but I have a couple gripes with it. There's 3 verses before the first chorus and 1 verse before the second. That just sounds wrong. They need one more verse in there. Also, the soung kind of loses its steam after the second chorus IMO.

Still a great song.

This song is a monster !!! It's one of my favourites from the beginning.

Especially the lines

Lay down
Lay down your guns
All you daughters of Zion
All you Abrahams sons

Bono roars this out like I never heard him before

is it:

All you daughters of Zion
All you Abraham's sons

or

Are you daughters of Zion?
Are you Abraham's sons?

It gets my vote as the best song on the album, by quite a bit.

I think it would make a fantastic tour opener. The way it builds, then snaps. U2 tour openers always set the mood and theme for the rest of the night. Think about Zoo Station, Mofo, Elevation. They each make you look at all the following songs in their own light. Love And Peace Or Else sets a really interesting mood for the rest of U2's catalogue....

It's a fucking awesome song. I adore this ablum, but to be honest, Love & Peace is the only song that individualy has blown me away.

I love LAPOE its my absolute fav song right now!!!...it really rocks and Rolls! :drool:
And probably will be one of my favorite U2 songs for years to come.

"Where is the love"......

I love this song! It's definitely my favorite from the album. It's the coolest thing they have done in ages. The best way I can describe it is "industrial funk." There are parts of it that remind me of "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder.

This song is good but not great to me, I put it at about my 7th favorite song on the album.

SYCMIOYO
OOTS
COBL ...
Yahweh
Miracle Drug
A Man and a Woman
LOPOE
One Step Closer
Crumbs
Vertigo
ABOY

this is a brilliant track, just heard it on my good stereo. you got to hear on a clear loud system to appreciate the amazing sounds coming from everywhere, great production on this tune. It's probably in the middle for me on my list of favorites on the new record, but thats just a credit to the album.

That is my 2cd favorite song on the record. :edge: <----------rocks beyond belief in the end !

Back
Top Bottom