Love & Peace Or Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
Nothing really to say here...I just saw everyone else starting posts with song titles...thought I'd conform and do the same...

this song amazes me

It has a certain something that i can't explain but that has been missing from u2 music for the past 10 years

It has almost the vibe of 'Silver and Gold' in places (only more bluesy), especially the guitar at the end. "ok edge...play the blues..."

Last edited:
i haven't listened to this since the new booties came out but from what i remember it reminds me of a punk rock song the way desire, last night on earth & aboy are

When everyone starts bitching how HTDAAB in not groundbreaking or innovative, point them to this song. U2 have NEVER sounded like this before. It's as much a musical expirement as Mofo or Lemon.

Last edited:
This si gonna be a highlight of the album for me. Can't wait. and by the way...Zeppelin rule.

I just got into Led a little while back, they are definetly one amazing band. Jimmy Page is such a phenomanal guitar player. Anyway, L&P is a really good tune because of the guitar play here, a little Page-like. Very bluesy, its really sounds great.

But out of the 5 songs/samples we've heard, I would rate this one the lowest, just because the lyrics are too in-your face political for me, I like the whole "lay down your guns" thing, but at the end when he' saying "where is the love?" that's a little too far for me. But this is really good news, because I still listen to this clip like once a day and love it!!! So considering its my least favorite of the new tunes, thats a good sign for the new record.

Even from that shitty clip it sounds fabulous for me. Big fan of Led Zeppelin. A very dark tune. Mullen's drums haven't sounded this good since Acrobat and Edge's solo is breathtaking.

It'll be a classic...I love the guitars, the imploring vocals..this more than anything else that has leaked sounds "atomic"..really gloomy, apocalyptic and badass:yes:

I have a feeling that my copy of the disc is going to wear out pretty quick right around the beginning of this song to the end of the next one (COBL).

it's not going to sound like Led Zeppelin. C'mon, people - use your head. It's going to sound like U2.

teebee said:
it's not going to sound like Led Zeppelin. C'mon, people - use your head. It's going to sound like U2.

Have you heard the rough clip? Edge's riff does sound like Zeppelin.

Sounds as much like Zeppelin as U2 ever have. It's the bass riff more than anything, less so Edge. The bass riff sounds like 'How Many More Times' or other bluesy Zepp tunes. The guitar is pure Edge. And the clip isn't really that great, but the song has promise.

It could be the best blues rock song U2 have ever done and their would still be people bitching about it, that's the way it goes with fans.

Inner El Guapo said:
Sounds as much like Zeppelin as U2 ever have. It's the bass riff more than anything, less so Edge. The bass riff sounds like 'How Many More Times' or other bluesy Zepp tunes. The guitar is pure Edge. And the clip isn't really that great, but the song has promise.

It could be the best blues rock song U2 have ever done and their would still be people bitching about it, that's the way it goes with fans.

You may be right, maybe it is the bass I am thinking of. Hard for me to tell with the shitty clip and I only let myself listen to it once. Sounds very blues rock though. And I am one fan that is happy with that. :yes:

This song and "Yahweh" are my most anticipated :drool:

EDIT: Also SYCMIOYO and City of Blinding Lights :D

EDIT #2: heh, forgot to mention All Because of You and One Step Closer.... :hyper:

EDIT #3: Origin of the Species, too :angel:

Last edited:
bsp77 said:

Have you heard the rough clip? Edge's riff does sound like Zeppelin.

I've heard the rough clip several times. It didn't move me that much, and I am what I'd call a casual Zeppelin fan - enough to hear it if it were there.

sue4u2 said:

Uh :huh: I haven't heard that clip. Wanna share where I can find it.?
*must've missed that thread* :wink:

i'll gladly email it to you!

this song sounds really good...i love the lyrics, especially "lay down your guns" and the end where he goes, "where is the love....the LOVE AND PEACE!" i think its fabulous

this tune is gonna kick ass, and frankly, I don't want an album of all "COBL"'s; that's what will make both these tunes special: variety.
(the spice of life):wink:

The Guns of Brixton - THE CLASH,
of course right after "City of Blinding Lights" (BBC Version) by our boys. :wink:

discothequeLP said:

i'll gladly email it to you!

this song sounds really good...i love the lyrics, especially "lay down your guns" and the end where he goes, "where is the love....the LOVE AND PEACE!" i think its fabulous

please send me a copy...i didn't think it existed yet!!

camilladocherty@tiscali.se

The ending sounds fantastic with the drums and guitars building up to a climax..and the melody is really satisfying. This will be the UTTEOTW of the new album :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom