Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GROOOOOVY!

smile.gif

------------------
Far Out, Man!

I thought you didnt love us anymore Hans?

hmmffph.

Love... what is that? I have believed that I've known love before but isnt love everlasting? Cuz if it is then I dont know it.

Hmm....interesting...I wanna know if it's possible to love (or in this case really like) two people at once.

And in a short few hours, I will find out once and for all...

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 12-18-2001).]

It's not that I don't love you all. What I've learned from many of you here on this forum is invaluable, more than any of you will ever realize.

However, it is now time for me to learn the lessons of the real world, and I think I'm having a great start right now.

I have one bit of advice, though. If you are looking for love, you need to get off the internet.
wink.gif
Nothing says you can't meet that person initially on the internet, because it seems more common every day. You just have to make that leap in the real world, independent of the internet eventually. Of course, this may seem like common sense, but in seeing some of your post counts, I think this needs to be reiterated.
tongue.gif

Take care...

~Melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

Love can be a beautiful thing. Love is not so much meeting the right person, but being the right person. No matter what, always put honesty first.

------------------
I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

"New York" U2

in my case - it makes me feel frustrated and helpless...but thats a tale for another day

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

Love is an incredible feeling--until your heart gets drop-kicked into a dumpster!
wink.gif

Cheers!

------------------
And so happy Xmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

Love...um, it's good. Haven't had it in awhile, could have it, may choose not to. OK, I think it's agreed I'm confusing everyone including myself here.

Love is all you need, peace, lovelies.
smile.gif

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

As Peter Wolf of the great J. Geils band once sang "Love Stinks. Yeah, yeah love stinks.

------------------
~ME THREE

I live in a town where you can't smell a thing
You watch your feet for cracks in the pavement.

It's great!
smile.gif
The true kind doesnt come along too often though, it's easy to get fooled... and it kills when it ends! But I must say, it's gotta be one of the best feelings in the world
smile.gif

------------------
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are
All roads lead to where you are

Love... well being that I don't have much of a love history of my own to share, I will just have to say that I've heard good things about it... and I'm sure it's wonderful. I believe it's something that takes time to grow and develop, so you can probably guess that I don't believe in love at first sight. I long for the day when I find it.

Ofcourse, romantic love aside, I have felt the love of friends and family... and it is a great thing indeed. Love pretty much makes life worth its while. Without love there would be no care, and without care we would be getting nowhere (rhyme for the day)

Bigger.
Humble.
Grateful.
Stronger.
Giddy.
Deathless.
...kinda how I felt after Elevation
cool.gif

(as opposed to "need" which makes me feel
smaller, resentful, weaker, anxious, and empty. The trick is always untangling the two...)

nice to see you again, melon.

blessings,
Deb D

------------------
He set my feet upon a rock
made my footsteps firm

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

To be in love is magnificent.......

To be hurt by the one you love is worse than any physical torture in the world.......

It is the best and the worst of human emotion....it can bring you higher than the Sears Tower and it can take you lower than the bottom of the ocean..........

To be human you need to experience both.....

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

Love gives you wings!

Hasn't given them to me yet, but it will someday...

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

Nope, I'm happy to say the *other* person I thought I may have feelings for turned out to be the biggest tosser I've ever met....Yes, indeed I only have feelings for one person!

A relief indeed...

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:

Love... what is that? I have believed that I've known love before but isnt love everlasting? Cuz if it is then I dont know it.
Aw C'mon Sicy I'm sure you know love. there are differing types of love, so just cause someone hasn't met "the love of their life", doesn't mean you don't know love.
I bet you love your cats. Quite unconditionally in fact.
You love your family and friends.
You love U2, you love your 'Stang.

Love can be the greatest feeling in the world...but can cause great pain as well. Like Sweet said; "Love is like Oxygen, you get too much you get too high, not enough and you're gonna die." We all need it. We all have it, sometimes just don't realize it.

Love makes you stronger, more daring, it feels like you can do anything in the world. It makes you feel special, supported, and part of something much bigger than any of us.

Aww love, just in time for Christmas. Ain't that sweet? I'll tell you what love has been for me. That fuckin' Sting song, If You Love Somebody Set Them Free. I'm always doing that! Setting them free after I fall in love with them because they don't feel the same way. I'd suggest not looking for love. If it's out there, it'll find you. Keep the faith.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Back
Top Bottom