Lousy Photos in Liner Note Booklet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am he, risen from the dead. What made me sign up here finally was reading too many of J's trolling posts.

The batte continues...

laz

I have to agree about booklet art. It's a bit lousy indeed and looks like something made in a hurry. It's miles behind "Achtung Baby" - that CD had the best booklet in the history of record industry (at least out of these CDs that I've seen :)

U2Kitten said:
I don't like it. They always seem to distort themselves in some way on the cover or in the booklet, from blurry grainy B&W of most of the albums to the dayglo of Pop. I don't know why, they must be insecure about their true appearance and think they are not hot. They are wrong.

I don't think that being secure about their appearance or not thinking they're "hot" has anythig to do with it, but that's just me...

I don't mind the cover, but the booklet is lousey, compared to the beautiful photos on the calendar. I wish they would re-do it. Of course, it doesn't make or break the album , yet it would be nice to have some nice pictures to complement such a nice album.

Axver said:
I actually think this is better than what they put out in the nineties. The Achtung booklet is bloody awful, especially the cover. I hide my copy of that.

Well, if you ever need to get rid of it I am game... :wink:

I lost my copy of it at the Brooklyn show. Took it with me just in case I was able to get autographs and since it is my favorite record, cover etc I had to take it. I am going to have to buy a CD off of ebay just to get the art work back though it won't be the same. That was MY cover for MY CD :sad:

liek ogm i hait da ablum art lol!Q!!/// its so gay lol!!111 wut if i hait da albm 2 lol!!111//we

Well, okay, I agree that it's rather crappy (though I LOVE the photo on the last two pages...that photo should have been on the cover imo) but I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of it. For me, the booklets and such are just an added bonus... I let the music speak for itself. Though I do agree that album covers are influencial... everyone knows the cover for The Joshua Tree. However I like the cover for How to Dismantle, mainly because it's visually simple and visually appealing, with the red lines and such. Achtung Baby on the other hand was very chaotic and dark...and brilliant. I agree, that booklet is great. Pop has a great booklet too... I do wish U2 would have spent more time on the HTDAAB booklet, but then again I don't really care that much. They spent all their time on the music and that's cool by me...the music and that odd book of drawings :lol: I swear reading that thing gave me a headache...I love it but it takes some time to decipher some of the handwriting!

Lousy pictures in the book and the complete collection being released in a lossy format. To keep this theme going I think that all official photos and press shots taken at concerts should be taken with cell phone cams and tapers should record shows with cassette recorders with a built in mic.

i have to agree that the booklet is kind of disappointing, especially when compared to the rest. i personally :love: the collector's edition book, and most importantly the music. now we just have to hope that the upcoming tour will make up for the lousy booklet...;)

Back
Top Bottom