Lots of people buying the album today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I was in Costco today and saw 4 separate people in the lines buying HTDAAB.

Then I went to Best Buy to pick up my copy, and saw at least 5 other folks in line purchasing the album.

Very encouraging from a sales standpoint!!!

I don't think there was this big of a rush or hype with ATYCLB...seems back then the band had to come out of obscurity and work their way back to the spotlight. I don't think there was as much of a mad rush to purchase the album as there is with HTDAAB.

When I went to Tower Records last night at 11:45pm for the pre-midnight sale, I was a bit disappointed in the number of cars in the lot. It was packed for ATYCLB. As I was walking in, a few people were walking out with the album already.

They apparently started selling it at 10pm (to coincide with midnight Easter time). I actually had to go to the back stands to get a copy. The two front displays were empty but for a handful of the regular CDs. I picked up my deluxe version along with 6 other fans buying multiple copies.

This morning, I went to Best Buy to buy the collector's and I swear, every single person in line had U2 CDs in their hands. We all had the same smirk of excitement waiting for our turn to pay.

We were at Target this morning when the doors opened at 8 and there was good sized crowd waiting to get in. A few were there for Harry Potter, a few for Seinfeld but most for U2.

The three people in line in front of us at the check out were buying the collector's edition of HTDAAB as were 2 people at the next register over :D

They had to re-stock the collector's edition just in the few minutes we were there.

I bought the regular and collectors editons at Target at 8 am this morning. There were about dozen people waiting outside. I was the only one there for U2. When they opened, they hadn't put the new releases on the sheleves yet. They were still boxed up in a shopping cart ready to be shelved. I got a copy of the regular edition, and asked a clerk for the collector's edition. She had to go back into the stock room to find one. I went back later this afternoon and it looked like they had sold several copies. I guess I was the only early bird!

Was there at 9:00a.m. PST with about 10-15 other people. I saw at least 5 of those people buy HTDAAB, along with 3 of us who bought the Deluxe Version.

A friend of mine from Tennessee of all places said that 430 + copies had already flown of the shelves of one Tower Records in Nashville....hmmm???

Zoocoustic said:
I was in Costco today and saw 4 separate people in the lines buying HTDAAB.

Then I went to Best Buy to pick up my copy, and saw at least 5 other folks in line purchasing the album.

Very encouraging from a sales standpoint!!!

I don't think there was this big of a rush or hype with ATYCLB...seems back then the band had to come out of obscurity and work their way back to the spotlight. I don't think there was as much of a mad rush to purchase the album as there is with HTDAAB.

U2 and obsurity hehehe, don't fit in the same sentence surely.

I bought the new album at Tower Records in Dallas last night, and I swear there had to have been close to 100 people there. The line wrapped from the back of the store, around the magazines and approached the front.

And they even stopped playing the album over the PA system, per more than one fan's (myself included) request.

james

The collector's editions were sold out at Best Buy. I saw people in line and coming out of the store who had bought it.

I'm betting a lot of copies are being sold this week. (probably 670,000)

I live in Tennessee too,though a small no wheresville place and too my surprise I went to Sam Goody and the display had like 1/3 left by the time I got there, I got 1 of the 3 remaining limited edition sets,One of those being stuck to a side of the display you had to lean all the way around to see what was on the side so someone hid it there lol. I will probably go back tomorrow and buy at least 2 more copies of the cd for gifts.
Of course I could not make it out the door without opening it up, I had downloaded about half the songs but they sounded so much better on the cd. Love and peace or else was instant love as I had not heard it. I also was happy to see fast cars on there from seeing so much discussion here at interference.
So far my favorites are Yahweh,Sometimes,Original, A man and a woman,and now Love and Peace.

I was at a Best Buy in Iowa a couple of minutes after open and saw at least 15 people buying the album. When I returned for lunch there was a good portion of the albums gone, including all of the collectors additions. I love the Temple Bar Edit of Vertigo and the book but was disappointed there was no sleeve with the lyrics with the CD. Very happy with the songs! Way to go boys!

ADecentMelody said:

This morning, I went to Best Buy to buy the collector's and I swear, every single person in line had U2 CDs in their hands. We all had the same smirk of excitement waiting for our turn to pay.

That's so cool :D glad to hear everyone's buying it...after school I walked over to Indy CD & Vinyl, a cool little record store, to buy my copy. This lady was there asking the worker if that was the only version of the album they had (they had the special edition CD + DVD one). He said yes and she bought it (along with the Electrical Storm single, I noticed), and then I snatched the last copy... I think it's really cool that even in a little neighborhood record store there were multiple people that went to buy the A-Bomb.

i got the special edition for $26 bucks at best buy! what a steal! and it has FAST CARS on it???????? i thought it was on the import only???????

I was at Tower on Sunset Blvd. last night at midnight and there were 125+ people in line. From what I could tell most people were buying U2, followed by Gwen Stefani and then the Nirvana box set. I waited more than 45 mins in line. :crack:

I went at about 10 am to Best Buy in Orlando. It looked not so good here. Only about 40 albums missing out of probably about 300 or so in the display. Had to ask where the special edition was and they had to dig under the counter and look around for a while to get it. Idiots. Anyway, glad to hear it's doing well elsewhere.

I was at Tower Records near the space needle in Seattle at midnight. Well over 100 people there. I thought for sure that they were there to buy Nirvana but a large majority of the people I spoke to and witnessed buying cds were going for U2.
I bought both of course...

I swear my friend and I are the only U2 fans in a 10 mile radius. The local Best Buy looked like it was stocked waiting for U2 fans to raid the place, but no one came. My friend and I both purchased the collector's editions. They must have had at least 30 of them on hand, along with 100+ regular and deluxe CD sets.

What people bought at my Sam Goody and Circuit City:

Eminem
Ja Rule
Simple Plan
Ashlee Simpson

All albums that have been out and no Nirvana or U2. :madspit: :sad:

I went to Best Buy shortly before noon and hardly anyone was there at all, let alone people buying U2 (maybe I was the only one who had the bright idea of sneaking out a little early for my lunch hour). They had a couple copies of the collector's addition still left sitting on the new release table, along with copies of the other two formats.

Last edited:
I went to San Diego Tower Records this morning at around 7:30 only to find out that they are no longer open 24 hours! I called them later in the morning and asked how many collectors edition disks they had. I was told 280. I figured there would be some left on my way home but I asked the lady to put a copy under the counter 'Just in case'. I went back this evening and they were all sold out. Aisde form my copy under the counter.

I had to ask the lady at Walmart for one, and I had to describe the cover to her so she could go in the back and dig it out. At Circuit City, the sales guy had no idea what I was talking about and said it must not be out yet. Best Buy had the plain one and the box one but not the others. So I hope lameness like that does not hurt early sales of the album.

I was at Tower Records in Dallas last night and there were about 50 people in line for U2 and 7 for Nirvana...suckas!!

The box set sold out in a matter of minutes.

I bought it on Amazon, and it isn't here yet! I thought I would get it today. Looks like I could have gone out and bought it faster.

Oops, I see there is a thread for Amazon buyers. Going over there now.

i went to HMV to buy my copy today at lunch time there wasn't that many people in the store there was me and another guy came in and we both bought U2 a couple of others were looking but i didn't see them buy it...i felt like telling them "its good get it"...but i kept my mouth shut..hehe :)...then went back at super time and saw about 5 or 6 people in line all buying U2 HTDAAB...made me smile :)

I was the only one buying the collector's edition when I got to Target today about 12:30. But there were only 4 on the shelf when I picked mine up, so I am assuming other fans in my area had already been there. (snicker snicker - "other fans in my area" - :der: as if there were any! :madspit:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom