Losing your love for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windmilllane

War Child
Is anybody close to losing their love for U2?

I personally can't find myself ever losing my love for U2, but I have noticed that some people are starting to lose their love for U2.

It's not a question of losing one's love for U2, it's just getting tired of the music, the sound, whatever.

I played Joshua Tree inside out for several months and haven't listened to the whole thing all the way through for over 2 1/2 years now.

I recently had With Or Without You come up on shuffle and it felt fresh and poingently beautiful. You've gotta give em a rest at some point.

I always thought that I would never lose my love for U2, but it did happen. U2 used to be my favorite band, but they their last record really disappointed me. Thats when my love for them began diminishing. I guess that I also found other bands that are doing far more intereresting things than U2 at the moment.

I have listened to a U2 CD, record, tape every single day for the past 21 years.

And I still fucking love them since the first day when I was a little kid.

:|

Canadiens1160 said:
It's not a question of losing one's love for U2, it's just getting tired of the music, the sound, whatever.

Exactly! :up: I have to go on U2 breaks every now and then or else I'd get bored shitless! There's no way I can listen to them 365 days in a year! Or any one band for that matter. :no:

Of course, overall I listen to U2 more than others!

I don't really get sick of U2, to be more elaborate. I just fall in love with other artists. I used to think Bono had great lyrics, but now Elvis Costello is my favourite songwriter. I used to think Adam and Larry were a great back section but then I discovered Led Zeppelin. I used to think Bono was a great singer but then I got into the way David Bowie can take a track from a whisper to a scream by the end of the song.

I could never stop loving U2. There have been periods of time when I stopped listening to U2 for awhile, but I don't think I've gone through that since before HTDAAB.

Even if for some reason I hated the next album, I'm sure I'd still listen to their previous stuff. U2 is beyond being my favourite band. No one can touch them. And Pop...there is no way I could ever not love that album.

They're even better after a little break.

I've got plenty of love to give.

So loving some other bands or artists doesn't dimish my feeling about U2's music. It's just more music to enjoy.

I've got plenty of love to give.

I haven't lost my love for U2, but I find myself getting annoyed at Bono a lot more. There is definitely better music out there then U2's latest album, but I have hope for U2's future. I still get the chills when I hear U2's music, so the love is still there.

Fans of all bands come and go, except for the diehard fans. It's like a revolving door - the ones who leave are replaced by new fans. U2 has probably the lowest "fan turnover" rate of anyone out there right now.

Yah, sometime I listen to other artists more, but its not because I get sick of U2, but because I temporarily fall in love w/ someting else. U2 represents about 40% of what has been played on my Ipod since I got it a little less that a year ago. I think they will always be my favorite.

love_u2_adam said:
i still love then with all my heart....there i guess the only thing i really love:shrug:I'm with Windmilllane i could never lose it!!

me too :)
Five years strong and hopefully many more years of fandom to come

:heart:

Yeah, the computer has made listening to a diverse collection of music mush easier than trying to pick out a cd at a time. God bless the modern age.

624 U2 songs.

8548 total songs.

It's actually easier nowadays not to get burn out on 1 artist.

I let Itunes fly on shuffle all the time.

It's the best radio station on the planet.:drool:

After a year of learning everything there is to learn about U2, I'm taking a looooong break to pick up on other artists I've been missing out.
It's definitely worth it.

I'm sure I'll be back in full U2 swing after they release another album/the time building up to it. :drool:

I started listening to U2 in 2000....I only had three cds...best of 1980-1990, ATYCLB, and Achtung Baby....I definently got burnt out....I didn't really listen to anything for a couple years, then I bought best of 1990-2000, and discovered there was a whole U2 universe of 90s I knew nothing about, then I got bored again....and then HTDAAB came out, and I finally saw the band live, and I got Pop, Zooropa, War, and The Joshua Tree...so I'm still on my U2 high from seeing them live, and I have a LOT more music of theirs to listen to....so at the moment I'm REALLY into U2, but I'm sure it will die down in a month or so, and then I'll be burnt out on U2 again, and I won't listen to them anymore (until I finally get $150 and buy the complete U2 from iTunes)

So, I'll never stop loving U2, but everyone is right, breaks are nice, and it is so refreshing to hear a song after a year or so.

Windmilllane said:
Is anybody close to losing their love for U2?

girl%20raising%20hand.jpg

i've been a diehard fan for 16 years but i am definitely beginning to lose the plot. u2's output from 85-97 will probably go down as my favorite era of any of the bands i like but i listen to post 2000 u2 and listen to all of the bullshit rhetoric and i'm just getting tired of it all.

these days i listen to something like z or pixel revolt and i'm floored. i listen to atyclb and fall asleep.

U2 is my favorite band, and will always be, but I take my breaks sometimes, I don't understand people who only listen to U2...

is like eat the same thing every day

The band has put out some of my favorite albums of all time - there is no way I can stop loving them ;) To be honest, it really doesn't matter what they do next (as long as it's not completely embarrassing :no: ), because they've already cemented their place in rock history, IMO. I'll never tire of that.

With that said, I can see how their new stuff might make some "lose their love for U2." It's not the most EXCITING material they've ever put out, but some of the songs are the best they've ever done... atleast for me, anyway (Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment..., COBL, OOTS, etc.,). I honestly can't see my love for the group diminishing at all.

I used to be so proud to say I was a U2 fan. I'm still proud to say it, but I always feel like I need to put a little qualifier at the end to indicate that pride doesn't exactly include their last two albums.

Bono's shades said:
I used to be so proud to say I was a U2 fan. I'm still proud to say it, but I always feel like I need to put a little qualifier at the end to indicate that pride doesn't exactly include their last two albums.

That's how I feel about Radiohead. And REM.

Bono's shades said:

I'm pretty much the same

1980-1997:drool:

Back
Top Bottom