Looks like U2 has dropped their objection to Hanover demolition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Well folks ..
It looks like U2 has changed their mind about objection to the demolition of Hanover Quay Studio building..

Here's the article I just found :

U2 Looks Set to Drop Objection to Docklands Plan
RTE, January 10, 2002

A public hearing into the proposed demolition of buildings in Dublin Docklands will go ahead later this month. The hearing will take place even though rock group U2 has indicated that it may not now object to the compulsory purchase order on its recording studio at Hanover Quay.

The band had lodged objections to the proposal with An Bord Plean?la and it was speculated that they were going to attend an oral hearing into the matter on 29 January at the Gresham Hotel.

However, the band has now said that while it was completely happy with its studio on Hanover Quay and did not want to move, it would "certainly be interested" if the Dublin Docklands Development Authority could come up with an alternative near-by site.

In a statement from the band's company, Principal Management, it said that it was now in discussions with the authority. If successful, this could mean that the 400-square metre single story plus mezzanine building, where U2 recorded the multi-million selling album All That You Can't Leave Behind, could be knocked down by agreement.

However, An Bord Plean?la has said that two other objections had been lodged and that other people were entitled to object at the oral hearing. On that basis, the public hearing will still go ahead.

? RTE, 2002.

Well there you have it...

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Back