Looking Back at the Heart......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey79

Acrobat
I think this was a genius idea for a GA floor setup. By "inventing" the heart-shaped rampway, they (1) avoided a lot of the safety issues (i.e. "crush") of a typical GA show, (2) made the floor seem like an intimate club, and (3) still put just as many people on the floor. IMHO, bands could learn a great lesson about future GA setups from our boys. As I posted in another forum, I went to see Creed's opening show in Atlanta and was really turned off by all of the pushing and shoving of people trying to work their way to the front. It really took away from my enjoyment of the night -- I was pissed all night with people *EXPECTING* to be let back up front after they went for beer/rr/etc. Don't get me wrong, I fully expected it. But U2 found an excellent way to alleviate a great deal of the inherent problems that usually come with the GA-style ticketing. Any other thoughts about the Heart and how it stacks up with your GA experiences?

Does Creed have a GA setup? Hmmm...interesting. I was on the outside rail for a show and inside the heart for a show and it was great! Inside the heart, you don't get the shoving so you can enjoy the show without getting crushed. And like you said, its like a club gig. Its only when you turn around and see all the people behind you that you realize you're in a full arena. I was kind of aprehensive about the whole GA idea when it was firts announced but they did a great job with it.

I still get goose bumps when I think about my "heart experiences".
I hope they offer GA tickets when they come back, because they're coming back to the USA.
smile.gif

See you at the arenas Amy!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

The heart kicked ass! Me being in it made it even cooler!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

You got that right Mariana!!!

Will be there, no doubt!!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Will be waiting in line with ya!..

Talk to ya soon!

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

You said it monkey!...Genius is the word for U2's coming up with the heart/GA thing..I would love to meet the person who came up with it..hug him/her and shake their hands!..This concept should go in some kinda history book...lol..really tho..

It was just friggin amazing,words couldn't describe the feeling of being inside the heart. I loved it!..I also had the experience of sitting in seats..but oh no, nothing can come close to being inside the heart!..

Just think how fortunate, lucky we all were to experience that feeling of being inside the heart or outside..One great memory!..I wish they would do it again but I don't think we ever will get that again.. So, everyone should write it down in their journals of their experience cuz it was a once in a lifetime experience to tellthe grandkids about. I know I will.

Anyways, thats my 2cents..

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Back
Top Bottom