look at this quote that makes me mad everytime i think of it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From the ATYCLB review:
"Bono's voice lost its flamboyance and is now listless."

BLARG.

It's ridicoulus to expect the same power and energy that his voice had in JT or R&H era. Or to have the resonance and the darkness of AB era.
He's 40, of course he can't sing the way he sang he was 27 or 31.

Instead, he has more passion (no way is his voice listless-just think of Kite or In a little while), more soul, and a new dimension to his voice. I love the way it got sort of raspy now.

------------------
"That's why i still love playing live in a rock'n'roll band. There's just this feeling of this thing could just about do anything..." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-24-2001).]

Have you read Arun V's "This thread is going to get me flamed" thread? He said EXACTLY the same thing!!

Personally I love Bono's voice, it's precious. I loved it in the 80's and I love it now. I love listening to the old stuff, his voice captured in its prime, and I am really attracted to his voice as it sounds now. I am addicted to Bono's voice. Then and now, I love it.

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

It does sound listless but there was a reason for that. Voice-affecting allergies and illness. Should be better now. Listen to MDH and voice sounds better on that and was only a few months previous to ATYCLB.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Too bad you don't like it mr objective

Sorry bro, I wasn't crazy about passengers either. I like probably 2 songs combined off of both projects.

Back
Top Bottom