Longer sample of a new song (1:30)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tizer said:
Set me free, why don't you babe...
get outta my life, why don't you babe..

Kim Wilde

don't know why but it makes me think of this. Bring back the 80's!!

Actually, "You keep Me Hanging On" was first recorded by Diana Ross and the Supremes. '60's Motown soul, ya know. And that song did run through my head when I heard this clip as well.

I think Lanois's statement about the album was the perfect description. Danny is the man!

I remember Bono saying one time when someone asked him if this new album would be a return to the JT sound, he responded, "we might be doing some more chopping down of the Joshua Tree, this time with a chainsaw though." That was right on after hearing this clip.

Actually, "You keep Me Hanging On" was first recorded by Diana Ross and the Supremes. '60's Motown soul, ya know. And that song did run through my head when I heard this clip as well.

Yeah...i know. But Kim Wilde had the better hair..:wink:

The more I listen to this clip, the more excited I get about the new album. With this and the new R.E.M. clip on their website (as well as new albums by Interpol, Jimmy Eat World, & even Green Day), it's going to be a good fall/winter.

I can't believe no one mentioned Adam's bass. The bassline is PERFECT, especially in the chorus. I admit I expected Edge to rock more in that "solo" in the middle, but he's only pulling of one riff. Doesn't matter. The song ROCKS.
Just don't think this song will paint the picture of the whole album. There were reports who claim the rest of the album isn't like this. There is a Wild Honey-like song, a bluesy song...

There are people on this forum(like "wowy") who have heard this song before. So, can you share more details? What part of the song did we hear? Is there a guitar solo?

thanks for pointing that out, I went back and heard it again, Adam's bass definetly is strong in this sample.

after listening to this clip, i'm definitely getting a "Gloria" vibe (which is a good thing).....anyone wanna back me up on that

Sounds like zooropa on steroids!!!!!!!!!

Sounds grea, the middle bit, the basey bridge thing, sounds very 'October album/unforgettable fire song-like, if that makes any sense.

Edge really has tried some wild new things with that infinate guitar of his, I hope he pulls out a really cool new one in the video!

As someone else has said in this thread how can anyone possibly make such judgements about this song and the album? It's been great hearing the clips of ABOY and now Vertigo, but come on, the quality is so bad it's impossible to make a critical evaluation of the songs...

Roll on September 24th though..!

I agree with some of the other comments, why did they have chat over the recording..? What were they thinking of?!!!!!!

the new song definetly sounds like AB music, mixed with the end of the song 'zooropa' and bono's voice from boy.

Martinuk100 said:
As someone else has said in this thread how can anyone possibly make such judgements about this song and the album? It's been great hearing the clips of ABOY and now Vertigo, but come on, the quality is so bad it's impossible to make a critical evaluation of the songs...

Roll on September 24th though..!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Tizer said:
Set me free, why don't you babe...
get outta my life, why don't you babe..

Kim Wilde

don't know why but it makes me think of this. Bring back the 80's!!

it took me like half an hour to figure that out when i first hird the clip... i'm like wait... i've heard this song before... then it hit me... yea... the chorus, or what we think is the chorus, does sort of sound like that

You people are killing me! After ABOY I swore I wasn't going to listen to any more snippets until nice, clean ones showed up on the official site. I wonder how much longer I'm going to be able to hold out after reading all these glowing reviews.

Aardvark747 said:
I have no speakers on my computer....:sad:

But my girlfriend does....but she's on holiday til nxt week...:sad:

The lyrics look good though. How heavy is the song, guitar and drumming wise?

Tell me about it. I'm in the process of moving to another city and right now I'm living in an almost empty house. The only thing I brought with me was the computer had the cable modem connected and now I'm sitting hear without speakers. I literally dying of suspense. And reading all these comments is freaking me out. I might have to break down and buy some speakers just so I can listen to this 1:30.

ramblin rose said:

Tell me about it. I'm in the process of moving to another city and right now I'm living in an almost empty house. The only thing I brought with me was the computer had the cable modem connected and now I'm sitting hear without speakers. I literally dying of suspense. And reading all these comments is freaking me out. I might have to break down and buy some speakers just so I can listen to this 1:30.

If you have a pair of headphones handy you can plug them into the speaker jack in the back of your computer.

ThatGuy said:

If you have a pair of headphones handy you can plug them into the speaker jack in the back of your computer.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I did have a pair of headphones handy.

I agree that the new album is going to rock!!

I don't think I read this anywhere else in this thread, so I'll mention it:

Do you hear the waves of water? You'll have to have headphones to notice it's not static. Like they are on a beach or by a lake or something recording it...

Oh yeah, forgot to comment on the clip. I didn't feel I could comment on the ABOY clip, as it's just too hard to tell, but this one rocks. I could go home happy with ten tracks like this. I've played it 20 times now...

I was doing so good avoiding this thread.......I wasn't going to listen to anything until the official stuff comes out.

I just clicked the on link. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom