LMC Vs U2 - UK Number 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
heard it once. i think it uses the baseline from dirty day. i could be wrong though.

Yes... this song contains samples from With Or Without You. The bassline and some guitar, i believe. You can read about it in the news section. And I believe the lyrics are taken from some Withney Housten song...

It doesn't do any justice to WOWY!

Last edited:
Yeah, i remember reading about this remix on u2.com.

Naturally went out and bought it...as it's U2 and the Musique remix of 'New Year's Day' appears to fetch quite a bit of coin these days... haven't listened to it the whole way through, but to me it doesn't really sound amazing...but give me time and i may get used to listening to it once or twice.

Bizarre how this one got to Number One, although it's great it knocked off that Pop Idol winner from the number one spot. The editing on that track just before the final climatic ending is absolutley abysmal...extremely poor, almost rushed single...

One more thing though, could it be in the chart position it's in now solely because of U2 fans, or is it getting there on it's own...?:huh:

Last edited:
Personally, I think that remix is terrible, but I'm still tempted to go out and buy it just because it's U2.

Nah...i was really disappointed after finally listening to it in full last night. The whole track was really really uneventful and just replayed the same sample over and over again...it could have, y'know, reached some great climax at the end, with the whole thing being layered with thick drum beats and various other things and more presence from the 'infinite guitar' sample...but no....

Dull.

So they are not only butchering a beautiful song to make a dance track out of it, but they aren't even using the best parts of the song? Losers!

Remixes suck. :down:

Back
Top Bottom