Liverpool video shoot rumor part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2tour.de says that

- U2 plan to shoot a video in a Liverpool theatre on 14 August, posing as a U2 tribute band
- a whole storey of a Liverpool hotel has been booked
- two U2 tribute bands called ZU2 and Achtung Baby have booked Liverpool theatre for 13. and 14. August
- security is handled by the same security company that handles U2 shows in UK
- a well-known video production firm that worked for U2 in the past also booked a Liverpool hotel

(like it says in the title, RUMOR)

If this is about the missing CD debate...whatever.

so the video is of them being a u2 tribute band?

:|

hmm. don't get it.

Kind of a funny idea - U2 being a U2 tribute band.
But - it seems awfully close to aspects of the Even Better Than The Real Thing video.
Oh, well...I'm sure U2 will find a way to pull it off

Headache in a Suitcase said:
even better than the real thing had a spin cam on everyone.. how does that sound like u2 posing as a u2 tribute band? :scratch:

there was some shoots of a fake U2 on the video.

Sounds to me like the 2 cover bands are going to be playing them in the video.

Sort of mimmickry, sounds like it might be an interesting idea.

Is there any way to get in contact with these U2 cover bands to confirm this...?

And the idea of U2 cover bands playing U2 in a video is pretty interesting. Hopefully U2 can bring out the comedic side of themselves so people won't take them so seriously.

I'm still waiting for a good band to shoot a video in Canary Wharf...that'd be a great place for a music video

For some reason 'liverpool hotel' makes me think of a video similar to the one for Pride...anyway I thought they'd already shot the single vid?

What I understood from this is that U2 are 'posing' as a tribute band, and in reality the band really is U2!
So, does that mean those people who are going to see U2 look-alikes are actually in for quite a surprise?
And furthermore, why would they be filming the video if the single won't be out until November 8th? :scratch:
I can't take this speculation anymore. We at interference should hold a press conference and demand some answers.

Translation of u2achtung.com's news piece:

U2 is shooting a music video in a theater in Liverpool: U2 would be attending a tribute concert in honor of...U2. The audience thinks they're about to see a cover or tribute band dressed up as the members of U2 when the real U2 steps on stage. An entire floor of a hotel in the center of Liverpool has been booked. The firm in charge of security for the theater is the same one that usually handles U2's security. Furthermore, a video production company, which has worked with U2 in the past, has also reserved several rooms in the same hotel...under the name of ABOU Productions (notice the All Because Of U acronym).

Well we 'll let you know as we are going you know just in case!!!:crazy:
Its most probably an elaborate hoax but we get a night out watching a U2 tribute band??
But what if its not?????????????:wink:

Well, sometimes the band They Might Be Giants opens up for themselves as "Saphire Bullets", the only tmbg cover band that matters.

They basically just sing their entire Flood album in alter-egos before giving way to themselves later on in the show.

So this sounds pretty funny to me. I hope it isnt straight out humor, but I rather like the idea.

I just emailed the two U2 tribute bands to confirm or deny this but I have yet to receive an email back.

this all sounds really cool, can't wait, I think it'll be for 'all because of you'....the cover bands doing what they are doing all because of u2, lol!

Did anyone read "Everyone's Got a Bono Story"? This sounds remarkably similar to a U2 video shoot that took place in that story.

I'm finding it harder and harder to believe anything right now.

first the swimmingpool
now Liverpool
which pool is going to be next ???

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Or maybe..just maybe they're going to shoot a video
with 3 Bono's, 3 Edge's,..on stage
Like you see the band 3 times but everytime different at the same time.
This is getting a bit confusing now...

Last edited:
I found this on ZU2's website

FRI 13/08/04 ROYAL COURT THEATRE,1 ROE STREET,LIVERPOOL

While the AB tribute band hasn't list that date at all at their site.
This is the closest I can get to that date:

08.08.04 HANNOVER, Maschseefest (ab 18.00 Uhr, B?hne am Nordufer)

We'll see I guess.
It's only about a week until that event so...
But It would be cool if it's true

:wink:

Last edited:
you know what would be cool too? if the other bands dressed up as U2 from past tours, so Bono could be on stage with The Fly and Macphisto!

Back
Top Bottom