Live songs you always skip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
:attn:
I have a lot of live shows on my 10GB MP3 jukebox (that I dropped in the toilet as some of you may remember) and there are some songs I always skip and some I always listen to. Here they are.

Always skip:
1. New Years Day
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. Anthing from the "acoustical jam" part of the show

Never skip:
Everything else. Especially Elevation, BD, WTSHNN, Stuck, Out of Control and Kite.

when I watch my Elevation dvd, I always skip Stuck, Kite, New York, and WOWY.

I recently burned the 5/30/01 show onto two CDs, and it seems like I usually skip Elevation, unless I decide to listen to the entire show.

I'll listen to every concert at least once (usually many times on repeat over the course of a day at work)

but most often the songs I skip: Bullet & New York.

from Elevation bootlegs always skip One , cause of pretty boring speech of bono at the begining , on DVD from Boston , never watched WOWY , tried a few times , but always had enough after 24 sec through the song , Mexico and Sydney versions were perfect in all the way .

Most of the time, I don't skip any. But if I do, it's usually New York. Don't ask me why. I like the song, but for some reason live it just doesn't do anything for me. Except the post Sept 11 version. I never skip that.

I always skip Stuck. It's a beautiful song, and the lyrics are great, but I HATE the beginning, with Bono sounding all whiny. It ruins it for me. I just like the part where Edge sings.

Pride, With or Without You, and occasionally Sunday Bloody Sunday. I skip those because they've played them nearly every stop of every tour since they were written and they've sounded about the same since. New Year's Day is guilty of that too, but a) it's just too damn cool to skip and b) I like how Bono's voice on it sounds so drastically different each tour.

Last edited:
When listening to Joshua Tree/Love Town i don't stip any songs because they were just in ultimate rocking form at those shows.

Skips on ZooTV - Satellite of Love, Pride (I never liked the way they did this song on that tour), and When Love Comes to Town

Skips on POPMart - Pop Muzik Intro (it just gets old), Staring at the Sun, Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge only version just doesn't do it for me), and Desire.

Skips on Elevation - Stuck In a Moment (the live version just doesn't cut it for me), Desire, and ISHFWILF.

Achtung Zooropa said:

Skips on Elevation - Stuck In a Moment (the live version just doesn't cut it for me), Desire, and ISHFWILF.

Desire and ISHFWILF? what? I love desire in columbus..edge and bono at the tip of the heart, right in front of me..it was toned down..Bono whips out his harmonica. Ahh wonderful. I loved the way they did ISHFWILF this tour. It was gospal and that was the time I was clapping and dancing like I was most insane. lol

...live songs you always skip?

you mean skip to the records with a skipping rope?

Next tour, mass stage invasion of everyone skipping to live songs

I'm in a mad mood today! heh!

I always skip "Sweetest Thing" (single version) because it's U2's weakest song. I hear the little drum beat intro and I immediately press skip on the CD or change the station. I can sometimes listen to the B-sides version because it has a cool '60s Motown thing to it, but the lyrics are still rather lame IMO.

wolfwill23 said:
Anthing from the "acoustical jam" part of the show
:yes:

dsmith2904 said:
I always skip "Sweetest Thing" (single version) because it's U2's weakest song. I hear the little drum beat intro and I immediately press skip on the CD or change the station. I can sometimes listen to the B-sides version because it has a cool '60s Motown thing to it, but the lyrics are still rather lame IMO.
:yes:

dsmith2904 said:

I usually skip Sweetest Thing too. This is going to sound weird but I love the original version - bono's voice is so raw and filled with emotion.. but the "remake" of it just didn't cut it for me. I don't know... I always said that if I had to leave a U2 show to pee it would be during that song *lol*

I have no idea if that made any sense :eyebrow:

To quote one of my friends "Its the only U2 song that when it comes on the radio, I flip the stations looking for a better U2 song" :D

I usually listen to concerts in their entirety, but if I do skip I mostly choose Beautiful Day, Elevation, and Pride. I love 'em, but they're played just too damn much! :)

Those of you who skip the acoustic set are crazy, I think I should say.

Back
Top Bottom