Live Cd's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Hey y'all

I'm making a 2-CD set of the best live stuff, one form the 80's and one of 90's live stuff. My question is what are your suggestions for what i should get? I can get pretty much any song from any show if i really try (U22U comes through again! :D), so say any songs at all! Here are the songs I already have so far:

All of the ZooTV Sydney show
Bad - Elevation Providence, RI
Miami - Popmart Edmonton, AB
Miami - Popmart Edmonton, AB (second night)
Angel of Harlem - Lovetown Point Depot, Dec. 30, 1989
When Love Comes to Town - Lovetown Point Depot, Dec. 30, 1989
Love Rescue Me - Lovetown Point Depot, Dec. 30, 1989
When Love Comes to Town - Lovetown Point Depot, Dec. 31, 1989
Love Rescue Me - Lovetown Point Depot, Dec. 31, 1989
Mothers of the Disappeared - Popmart Buenos Aires

Please don't give me playlists, just individual songs...also, I really want one of the Miami's, something from Sydney, and Bad (Elevation). The others I don't really care about, they aren't necessary. And please don't tell me to get the Bad/"40"/Streets trio from Elevation Boston, I already have it on 3 CD's and soon to be 4 when I buy the ES single. So...let the suggestionizing begin! :wink:

New addition to the collection:

Please (1997 VMA's)

PS: Does anybody have a version of this song without Chris Rock???:yuck:

I hope I help...if I'm not, just ignore the post...

From the Zoo TV Sydney show, I would choose Dirty Day...I feel that song took on a whole new life live, and that is an excellent version...
I assume you're willing to use Elevation tour songs, if so I would suggest With or Without You from July 18, 2001 (Paris, France)...technically, its not the best, Bono's voice suffers a little...but the crowd makes up for it, and it's awesome to hear the crowd overpower Bono while he sings the "Shine like Stars.." portion...gives me goosebumps listening to it.

The coolest version of "Angel of Harlem" is the 1989/12/26 version with the "Suspicious Minds" tag. On that same vibe, throw "She's A Mystery To Me" from 1989/12/30 in there too.

Last edited:
:D :D :D Doh, and I just noticed it on your list too!

There are some suggestions in this article:

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=2427&Key=matt%20mcgee&Year=&Cat=12

For the 80's CD, you'll have to include "40" at the end - check out April 29, 1987 "Rock's Hottest Ticket" or Jan. 25, 1985 "Keeping the Faith"

Also, if you like the "The Electric Co" try - May 30, 1983 (Too Much Talk) or August 20, 1983 - Loreley. I really love the "Send in the Clowns" part!

Last edited:
The best Sound Quality recordings possible are!!

First 4 tracks from Dublin 261289 plus One Tree Hill
God Part II
Desire
All Along The Watchtower
All I Want Is You
One Tree Hill

From Popmart Tel-Aviv
Miami-Bullet The Blue Sky

Unforgettable Fire Nantes 231084
Surrender - Two Hearts Beat As One
Indian Summer Sky
Gloria

All the above are absolutely sensational performances too!!

Zoo Europa Live from Dublin is the best Quality Zootv concert.

if your after Bono's most heartfelt performance of 'All I Want Is You', try it from 090190 in Rotterdam

2 Amazing performances of Even Better Than The Real Thing are:

From Manray 191000 - This sounds so perfect, the Edge sounds even more amazing thean usual!!
Download it from Newmedia, you might have to try a few diff recordings till you find the one i'm talking about!!!
My version was named:
04-u2-even_better_than_the_real_thing_(live_in_paris_manray)-just.mp3

From Chicago 160501 - This Concert is'nt a Soundboard but this one song comes through so damn clear!!! The bass is amazing and crisp!!!! The edge is great and Bono is on fire at the end!!!

Gone

If your after a cool version of Gone apart from "Live From Boston", go for the Antwerp Earpiece Recording from 050801
Bono's voice is very loud hauntingly clear. You can fully hear the Edge's Guitar solo at the end more than any other performance from Elevation!

WOWY from NJ2 Elevation. :sick: the ending is spectacular.

LIB- June 13, 1992: Kiel Germany - excellent version, with "September 13" poem at the end.

WOWY- August 20,1997 - (Hanover) my 2nd favorite WOWY ever.

I wish I could remember which show a certain IALW was played at, it was phenom & fun w/ Bono inserting a little rap in the middle of it. aww. - got it. Ft. Lauderdale Elevation :yes: :yes:

WILATW: Kansas City Elevation 11/27/01. very beautiful. It comes after Bad (I can't remember if it was a snippet or not)

If I think of any more I'll let you know. :cool:

Boston, 1992-8-23 (the bootleg's called Bono Breaks Wind Over Boston): amazing version of ISHFWILF.

anna

Alright, here's the updated list of songs I have on my comp. I'm gonna need some help whittling it down once it's completed. I would like to have at least something from each tour that U2 has done. I really need some early stuff so if you could help me out there it would be much appreciated. BTW, I don't care how many CD's it takes to fit stuff on, but I'd prefer it to be as low a number as possible. Also please note I'll have duplicates of songs, but no more than 3 because it gets repetitive. (I don't want a Bad from every single tour! That's like 7 versions.)

Early Shows (I would REALLY love some clear MP3's of these shows)
NONE

Boy Tour
NONE

October Tour
NONE

The Unforgettable Fire Tour
NONE

Conspiracy of Hope Tour
NONE

The Joshua Tree Tour
Sunday Bloody Sunday - Denver, CO - Nov. 8, 1987
With or Without You - Tempe, AZ - Dec. 19, 1987

Lovetown Tour (I have all of these because I was looking for the "Dream it all up again" speech. I never found it.)
11 'O Clock Tick Tock - Dublin, Ireland - Dec. 30, 1989
Angel Of Harlem - Dublin, Ireland - Dec. 30, 1989
When Love Comes To Town - Dublin, Ireland - Dec. 30, 1989
Love Rescue Me - Dublin, Ireland - Dec. 30, 1989
When Love Comes To Town - Dublin, Ireland - Dec. 31, 1989
Love Rescue Me - Dublin, Ireland - Dec. 31, 1989
"40" - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Jan. 10, 1990
All I Want is You - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Jan. 10, 1990

ZooTV Tour
Mysterious Ways - Houston, TX - Oct. 14, 1992
Sarajevo Satellite Uplink - London, England - Aug. 12, 1993
Bad - London, England - Aug. 12, 1993
Bullet The Blue Sky - London, England - Aug. 12, 1993
The ENTIRE Sydney Show - Nov. 27, 1993

PopMart Tour
Last Night on Earth - Edmonton, AB - June 14, 1997
Miami - Edmonton, AB - June 14, 1997
Miami - Edmonton, AB - June 15, 1997
One - Sarajevo, Bosnia - September 23, 1997
Mofo - Mexico City, Mexico - Dec. 3, 1997
Mofo - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Jan. 31, 1998

Elevation Tour
One - April 15, 2001
With Or Without You - July 18, 2001
Bad - Providence, RI - Dec. 10, 2001

Other Performances
Please - MTV Video Music Awards 1997

Right now I have 25 songs. I would like not only great songs, but also key concert moments for U2. I'm sure the "Dream it all up again" speech was cut out of my MP3's for the Dublin concerts, so If one could be found for me I would be much obliged. Again, thanks for all your suggestions and let's keep this going and I can have an epic collection of Live U2 stuff! And maybe I might even make a few extra copies of it and send them out to the one who helped most...you never know! ;)

Re: Gone

stagman said:
If your after a cool version of Gone apart from "Live From Boston", go for the Antwerp Earpiece Recording from 050801
Bono's voice is very loud hauntingly clear. You can fully hear the Edge's Guitar solo at the end more than any other performance from Elevation!

I was there in Antwerp and Gone was the only song that no one could understand due to the poor sound quality.

The "dream it all up again" speech was before "Love Rescue Me" on December 30th, 1989. And the greatest version of "Even Better Than the Real Thing" was from Tel Aviv, September 30th, 1997. :)

DaveC said:

ZooTV Tour

Bad - Providence, RI - Dec. 10, 2001

For the ZooTV Tour you need the LIB song I mentiond previously. email me oliveu2cm@yahoo.com

U2 didn't play in Prov on that date :scratch: Maybe you mean Oct 30th or Oct 31st 2001.

If you want memoriable as well,then you MUST get the Popmart Sarajevo - I suggest the song "Until" ("You'll say you'll give me a voice when I don't have one spirit when I'm on the run God fill me up some") It is unbelievable. Bono's voice is absolutely DONE, he is soo sick, but the crowd sings and totally totally carries that show, and the emotions in it gives me chills even as I write this. Bono says how he thought they were cheering for him, but he knew they were cheering for each other.. Unbelievable show. :up:

Last edited:
Yeah, I musta mis-copied it, I meant the Oct. 30th show (the Providence one). Anyways, I'm still looking for help. I downloaded
3 new songs, all from the February 3rd, 1980 show at the Bridge House in Tullamore, Ireland...I got Pete The Chop (I've always wanted a good copy of that), Stories For Boys, and Shadows and Tall Trees. So I'm starting to get some of the early stuff. Any suggestions for something in the Boy-October-War-UF period would be good. Thanks again! :D:D:D

Anything from Nantes, France 23/10/84 "Sharks in the high chair" are great for the UF tour. Especially THBAO, ISS, or EC.

AIWIY is excellent from Popmart TelAviv. 30/9/97.

In order...
from the 10/27/01 Madison Square Garden show...
What's Going On
New York
One
Walk On
Out of Control
in my opinion the most emotional stretch of songs they may have ever done. "He never made it to the stage, but I made it for him." The definition of a tear jerker.

Others...
HMTMKMKM- Mexico City Popmart
BTBS- Berlin ZooTV
Please into Streets- Rotterdam Popmart
Dirty Day into BTBS into RTSS into Streets into Pride- Sydney Zoo
Sunday Bloody Sunday- from Rattle and Hum
One- Live in Modena (from the Miss Sarajevo single)
Please- MTVVMA's
New York into Stuck- David Letterman
MLK/Streets- Super Bowl
Beautiful Day- Farm Club.com

typhoon said:
... And the greatest version of "Even Better Than the Real Thing" was from Tel Aviv, September 30th, 1997. :)

Yeah it's really cool when Bono speaks Hebrew in the begining. :)

From the War tour, try "Two Hearts", "An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart" and/or "I Fall Down" from The Complete Boston Tapes,
May 6, 1983. Check the whole concert - the recording is awesome! (Thanks dsmith2904!) :wave: :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom