Live Aid Love--Happy Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice memories! In connection with that, the video of the week over at U2 Star is Bad, from LiveAid. Great stuff!!

Wow! :ohmy:

19 years ago today... Time goes by so fast!

And nothing has changed, really... Back then it was the famine, now it's HIV/AIDS - Africa is still the forgotten continent... :tsk:

... and it puzzles me that rockstars, back then and now, has to do the job of politicians :hmm:

I :applaud: and :bow: to every single person on stage or infront of the stage at Wembley that day - you showed the rest of the world that a human life has value to God where ever it lives!

Now - bring on the pics! :wink:

:love:

bonoliveaid.jpg

july85.jpg

Boomspeed seems to be down :sad: They should show up later. I'll post some more after while. I can't believe it's been 19 years! :shocked:

U2Kitten said:
Boomspeed seems to be down :sad: They should show up later. I'll post some more after while. I can't believe it's been 19 years! :shocked:

Looking forward to seeing more pics Kitty! :D

I've just downloaded the "Bad"-video from that day (from Star) - The episode where Bono wants a girl brought on stage just made me laugh! :laugh: It's like he's thinking "I want her on stage - that girl - THE GIRL you stupid... Argh, do I really have to do everything myself?!" and then jumps off the stage :lol: - wonderful moment!

auspicious day...happy memories.
I went to my dear school friends wedding that day and she became my cousin:up: I should ring her really, her dad died not so long ago. Thanks for the reminder.
My second baby was due :up: Freddie Mercury was alive:up:
It was a huge event
but what merc said is so true :sad:, Unfortunately famine is still raging in Africa, it's the rainy season soon :sad:

*resists urge to post pic of Freddy*

...feed the world.....

too many typos

Last edited:
cass said:
Freddy Mercury was alive:up:

:yes:

Their best preformance ever I guess... But of course it would be... Freddie preforming infront of 2 billion people (or how many it was) - what more could he ask for? It was the perfect setting for him! :D

1f08f505.jpg

paul-freddie-george-bono.jpg

lo-280589.jpg

Thanks, Sherry Darling, and everyone else who has posted here - this concert was one of the MOST IMPORTANT DAYS in Rock music history, U2's history and many of our personal histories!:yes:

LiveAid was a TRANSFORMATIVE event - everyone who participated in it, whether in person or through the international media, will ALWAYS remember the TREMENDOUSLY POSITIVE IMPACT this concert had in our lives. :up:

I watched the entire coverage of LiveAid from a hotel room in N.J., not far from where the U.S. site of LiveAid was taking place.

While the entire concert was exciting, it WAS Bono's "LEAP" OF FAITH that he took into the massive audience in Wembley to MAKE A PERSONAL CONNECTION that literally lept ME to my feet and transfixed me in front of the TV! :hug:

I think many of us who witnessed the miracle of LiveAid have gone on and turned the enthusiasm and excitement it generated in us into social activism in the belief that WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR GOOD IN THE WORLD. :angel:

I will never be able to adequately express my sincerest Love and Respect for Bob Geldof (the original) and for Bono for their consistent and unrelenting outspokenness for Africa's right to a Future of Peace, Prosperity and Justice.

They will ALWAYS be TWO men the VERY CLOSEST TO MY HEART! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

:wink: AWE!!! Memories-I can't believe it has been that long either-and I was THERE!!! I remember that moment-when Bono jumped down fromt the stage-the whole stadium got kinda quite-could almost hear what they were all thinking-what IS Bono doing??:ohmy: Every band or performance, only had 15 minutes! That was it!!! They had a rotating stage-so HAD to be off! And Bono finished with that gal! Awesome! And I will Always love that closing song of 'Do they Know It's Christmas'! the Whole Place sang that song with them-and That moment when Bono sings his part...'and the christmas belles that ring there..'he Shouted out the last part(cuz there was this Awesome LOud response from the Whole Stadium!:wink: )..'Well, tonight thank God it's them instead of you..'!!!! The volume went higher-incrediable moment and one I will Never forget!!! LIVE-Aid July 13, 1985!!:yes:

U2Kitten said:
Here's your girl, Merc :love:

bonolvgrl.jpg

Thanks Kitty!

What I wouldn't give to have been that girl :sigh: - She was so lucky to be both at Live Aid AND at the same time get to dance with Bono! I guess it's a day she'll never forget... :D

Moonlit_Angel said:
I really would love to see this full concert sometime. That'd be awesome.

:yes: Isn't it comming out on DVD around christmas this year?! Or is it just wishfull thinking - I not completely sure... :scratch:

forbonou2 said:
and I was THERE!!!

I :applaud: and :bow: to you! Thank you for showing the entire world that African lives are not just endless numbers in statistics over the worlds greatest problems!

You're very lucky to have been able to see that concert LIVE :yes: As I said above I would have given almost anything to be there, but beging age 2? years at that day made it rather impossible for me to be there... :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom