Live Aid I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live Aid ... TOTAL SPECTACULAR !!
U2's finest moment ...
CLASSIC performances of Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bad !!
Also see Band Aid's performance of Do They Know It's Christmas ..
and USA For Africa's We Are The World performance ... absolutely loved it !! :drool:

I certainly remember it! Stayed up to 3.00 am to see U2 and to make sure I taped their set on my radio cassette on the radio broadcast (we didn't own a VCR then).

Postnote: A then friend who had a VCR taped them. I unfortunately was not able to get a copy of the tape because a couple of weeks later, she taped over it (by mistake she said) when taping "Days of our lives". :mad: She is a "then" friend for a reason. :|

watched and listened all day long. taped audio and video of all the bands I liked. the VCR tape was lost years ago...I still have a couple of cassettes that are really old. :)

When I got the DVD it brought back a flood of wonderful memories. That was the summer before my senior year in high school so it made a big impression on me. Great day of music. I wish I could have been at either venue.

U2 wasn't all that yet so they were on early in the day...they'll be a little closer to the headliners this summer I'm sure.

U2 was supposed to play three songs.

I was in my mid-teens at the time and VIVIDLY remember it. It was the first time I saw U2 do a live performance. I guess I was expecting something more "spiritual" if you will, but once they came out and Bono got going, it was like somebody shot him out of a cannon. He was SO hyped it appeared as though he had nine or ten espressos immediately before he hit the stage. Absolutely one of - if not THE - most electrifying performances I've ever seen.

The only problem with Live Aid is the fact that Phil Collins is all over the damn place.

Also, the cheese factor on We Are The World is off the scales. Do They Know it's Christmas kicks ass though.

Best performances? U2, obviously. Queen. David Bowie. Mick Jagger/Tina Turner.

Yeah I was 16. Unforgetable Fire just came out a year earlier. It was after watching U2 that I went out and bought some tab sheets, picked up a guitar and started to try and play my first song "BAD". Queen was awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom