Live 8 banners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dudette

The Fly
Crikey, I know there is enough Live 8 posts around, but I really wanna ask..

1. How many U2 fans from here got tickets?
2. Are you bringing a banner?
3. What is it saying?

I just made a hugge U2 sign, probably too big. They can't stop you from bringing them in can they? Need 2 poles to hold it up with as we wouldn't be able to see the lads...just a white bed sheet! Mother Dearest was in one of her cheap shops she likes visiting so much, bought a bed sheet for £3.99. The material is so stiff and horrible I can't see how anyone could use it...but perfect for banners.

Sorry-rambling. She also bought me some cheap black paint...yes ok it is meant to be for metal and wood but suprisingly worked great. Only needed 2 coats for a very thick bold finish. Ermm yeah the odd blob from where some of the paint dripped and some marks I made with a biro.

Looks good though. Will be able to see it for miiillleesss. We're staying over the night before so gonna get there dead early.

It would be great if we can get as many U2 banners as we can. Like back in 1985 where there was a sea of signs and flags. A nice sentiment to show the fans are there. Also going to wave it about a bit when the crapness comes on *cough* Joss Stone *cough*

Sorry for my nonsense. I understand if it gets moved/deletd etc.

p.s would show a photo but digital camera is completely buggered.

Hi! Definitely planning to take a banner but not sure what to put on it...
What does yours say?? I need some ideas!
Also I'm not gonna be able to get there til about 7am so hope I don't miss out on a good spot

I got tickets, but i'm not taking a banner.
Sounds we're going to be too far back anyway, so I doubt anyone would be able to read it apart from the people around us.

It simply says 'U2' - kinda gets to the point. We're planning on getting there at 6am, going to bed really early (ish) and have a midnight feast to fill us up. Theres a tescos at Picadilly so going to stock up on the food and drink. 500ml bottles is ridic!

Always wanted to a sign with "can't sing but I've got soul" but not many would understand it!

Ooh Irish flag sounds like a great idea. I agree that no one will see it cos we're so far back, but you know, its the thought that counts lol. And I'd love to see my banner on TV!
I think it will just have to be a big "U2" for me too. So excited!

remember how neat all the U2 banners looked on Live Aid you guys need to recreate that!

Back
Top Bottom