Live 8, a year after...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
are you going to celebrate somehow?... or remember the day?

I'm gonna watch the WHOLE DVD... plus MTV is airing the Live Feed, 10 hours, no commercial breaks, starting 8 Pm tomorrow night :love:

THIS IS THE ROCK SHOW... HIP HOP SHOW... HELLO HELLO!!! :rockon:

I can record it again on Tape (yes, I have the DVD, but it's weird... it doesn't sound the same, it has diferent camera shots... I LOVE the Live Feed)

Pink Floyd was great...

U2's set should have been...

PRIDE
STREETS
ONE

That would have been great.

U2 were great! I didn't see the rest (I have the DVD, though), because after U2's performance I went to their Vienna concert. Coming from London, they appeared an hour late, still was a great experience, seing them on TV first and then LIVE!!!

It should have been:

MOFO
One
Last night on Earth.

:wink: Nah just joking.

The setlist was good but it was a shame they had to go out first because of their show that night.

If they would have been more towards the end it would have been even better.

Last edited:
theu2fly said:
Pink Floyd was great...

U2's set should have been...

PRIDE
STREETS
ONE

That would have been great.

Considering that Pride/Streets is one of the worst transitions ever, that would've sucked about as much as the set U2 did actually play.

they should have played womanfish for 19 minutes and bono should have jumped off stage and danced with paul mccartney.

i think they should of recreated there live aid set, sunday bloody sunday and a 12 minute rendition of Bad!

Bono jumping off stage again to mingle with the audience causing yet another crush of fans at the front! that would of been great!

They sort of had to play One because of the way they applied it to the campaign, so that was a lock, and Vertigo was of the tour AND was an international hit, and the int'l hit thing also applies to Beautiful Day. They were just trying to play familiar songs I suppose. Still, Until the End of the World always rocks. :wink:

For me:

Until the End of the World
Walk On
Original of the Species

And you could have a big name guest pianist on OOTS so that Edge can play the thing on electric guitar at the same time.

i thought u2's setlist was perfect, ya I would liked to see another song besides "one" but they all made sense.

Pink Floyd was awesome :drool:

is anyone recording the special "Live 8-the difference a day can make" on MTV or on TMF today? i want to but my DVD recorders not working! :(

if someone does, can they send me it, possibly like a DVD, with chapters,menu etc, if so i will make a DVD cover for "live 8-1 year ago today" similar to the "live aid-20 years ago" dvd. make a double pack,

anybody who can PLEASE do that i will be grateful!

I was there! :drool: But I missed U2 though, cos of the massive queue! :sad: Oh well, still the best experience in my life being 15 years old at the time!

Oh and R.E.M.! :drool:

I'll wear my Live 8 T - Shirt today and watch some of the concert.....................................well U2's setlist over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

just a quick question, what was the exact number or artists that performed at live 8? and im talking globablly not just london! and how many hours long was the concert?

this is for the dvd cover btw! thanks!

I remember spending the whole day outside the Ernst Happel stadium in Vienna, waiting to get in. The concert started at 10PM and was over around midnight, and you could just see on their faces that they were happy Live 8 was organized and was a big deal.
The funny thing is that after the concert ended I had no idea how to get back to my hostel and I only had like 3 euro in my pocket. :huh: :wink:

Last edited:
I was at London. Great show in some respects but the whole thing seemed kind of empty to be honest :huh:

you proabbly think that cos it wasnt wembley stadium lol!

and probably because you saw live aid dvd and it doesnt compare to that!

actually, i think the whole thing felt empty because for 200,000 people sounded bloody quiet! i was expecting roars of applause and cheers for each band and it was just flat, people talked all through bands' sets [some of which were dire anyway] and people shouted during the quiet videos they showed. awful.

Plus I felt like a bit of an idiot standing amongst 200,000 people cheering along with the whole 'YEAH! NO TO POVERTY! THE G8 ARE BAD!!' when it was quite obvious most of us were going to go home and have it in our minds for a while then just forget about it and not bother. I try and do my bit for whatever 'difference' it makes but i doubt all 200,000 of them were there with purely altruistic intentions regardless of who was playing. I am ready to admit the music was a pulling factor [come on, Pink Floyd, U2, Coldplay, Mcartney etc. in one show?] before anyone says i'm a hypocrite. :ohmy:

I don't get it. I saw Pink Floyd on youtube from live 8 and they seemed to enjoy playing. Don't know why can't they reunite and make a farewell tour.

I was the Production Coordinator in Philadelphia.
I will never forget standing on stage in front of 1 million people.
Bono signed my Live8 shirt in Atlanta.
Just got the frame back with my Live8 credentials.
What a day.

Axver said:

Considering that Pride/Streets is one of the worst transitions ever, that would've sucked about as much as the set U2 did actually play.

Disgreed. I know lots of people hate this transition, but I can't see anything wrong in it. In fact, I like it.

Despite the final set matches with the "making the difference for one day" theme, I was not expecting to see songs like Vertigo. It could've been something like BD/Pride/One or MD/Streets/One, or maybe including Crumbs (it's not one of my fav songs, but it would've work there) in the set.

Back
Top Bottom